Hyderabad

Mariyam

Miss Bawarchi, even the naqli Bawarchis used to be good. Paradise overrated. 

An underrated Biryani place is just outside Secunderabad railway station, Alpha Hotel/Restaurant IIRC. 7-8 years ago, things may be different now. 

Ok city, lots of historical sites, Salar Jung Museum dope, decent infrastructure, never liked the dry heat. Weather-wise better than Chennai. Horrible traffic, crossing any road in Hyd is a life-and-death situation. Old City is extremely dirty, smells like **** everywhere. 

Much prefer Bengaluru, Among South cities where I have lived, Bengaluru>Hyderabad>Chennai. 

Edited by Gollum

13 minutes ago, Gollum said:

An underrated Biryani place is just outside Secunderabad railway station, Alpha Hotel/Restaurant IIRC. 7-8 years ago, things may be different now. 

Ok city, lots of historical sites, Salar Jung Museum dope, decent infrastructure, never liked the dry heat. Weather-wise better than Chennai. Horrible traffic, crossing any road in Hyd is a life-and-death situation. Old City is extremely dirty, smells like **** everywhere. 

Much prefer Bengaluru, Among South cities where I have lived, Bengaluru>Hyderabad>Chennai. 

Are you serious?

Your stock value on the Mariyam ICF poster stock index had risen 2500pts after your amazing posts in the Olympics thread. But your bull run is over. With this statement you have fallen 200 basis points.

Bawarchi is like the Abbas Mastan of biriyanis.

Formulaic, far too much masala, leaves you feeling slightly nauseous after the experience.

19 minutes ago, Gollum said:

tried both bawarchi and paradise biriyani in bangalore ( online  ordering ) .. both were very average and not so sure whether they are genuine franchise of hyderbad paradise and bawarchi

in bangalore , "hyderbad biriyani house" biriyani is the best .. 

15 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Are you serious?

Your stock value on the Mariyam ICF poster stock index had risen 2500pts after your amazing posts in the Olympics thread. But your bull run is over. With this statement you have fallen 200 basis points.

Bawarchi is like the Abbas Mastan of biriyanis.

Formulaic, far too much masala, leaves you feeling slightly nauseous after the experience.

Never tried Biryani there. Always Rumali Roti plus different types of curries (mostly spicy). 

Anyway it was 7 years back, fresh out of college and bachelor life. Every weekend after workout used to head to Bawarchi with my friends to stuff myself, maybe I am overrating those experiences cos of nostalgia. But yeah miss those days, life was simple. 

Edited by Gollum

25 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Takeout weather and:

Hyderabad>Bengaluru>Chennai. 

Bengaluru is very crowded. Much more costly.  And traffic is such a nightmare there.

7 minutes ago, velu said:

tried both bawarchi and paradise biriyani in bangalore ( online  ordering ) .. both were very average and not so sure whether they are genuine franchise of hyderbad paradise and bawarchi

in bangalore , "hyderbad biriyani house" biriyani is the best .. 

Yeah many fake ones there.

Thanks for the suggestion, will recommend that to my friends. I stopped consuming Biryani a while back, in fact no rice (or carbs for that matter) for me. 

51 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Never tried Biryani there. Always Rumali Roti plus different types of curries (mostly spicy). 

Anyway it was 7 years back, fresh out of college and bachelor life. Every weekend after workout used to head to Bawarchi with my friends to stuff myself, maybe I am overrating those experiences cos of nostalgia. But yeah miss those days, life was simple. 

Damn, you're probably younger than me.

48 minutes ago, kepler37b said:

Takeout weather and:

Hyderabad>Bengaluru>Chennai. 

Bengaluru is very crowded. Much more costly.  And traffic is such a nightmare there.

Easily. Hyderabad has everything what Bangalore has to offer.

I was trolling [mention=14523]Trichromatic[/mention]

but since you ask, I'm not a fan of Hyderabad.
- Your Biriyani is a spicy scam. 
- Your Urdu is a scam (albeit funny)
- Hate it when every young person calls it Hydra-BAD. 
- Weather is terrible 
- Your airport is in a different country?
- Far too many techies/science people/engineers. Automatically makes it a dull place.
- Far too many Muslims. Automatically makes it a dull place.

Biryani-scam - Please provide the name of the outlets which you are calling scam? Did you have home cooked Biryani?

Urdu-scam - Not my area of expertise but it is a beautiful dialect. Similar to Telangana dialect.

Hydra-BAD - I noticed many folks who are migrants or with migrant parents pronounce it that way. I find it annoying as well. You can't live in a city without knowing how to pronounce it's name. That is also my pet peeve.

Terrible weather - Well it is at least not humid like Mumbai.

Airport Far away - Yes, I understand your jeleousy. Don't worry you will heal with time.

Too many techies - ok.

Too many Muslims - I might have my own prejudice about Hyderabadi Muslims but dull is not something I would use to define them.

Sent from my SM-M315F using Tapatalk