Kohli

SKY (Drop Rahane)

Pant

Jadeja

Ashwin

Thakur

Umesh

Bumrah

Rest Siraj and Bring in Ashwin, Drop Rahane.

we will be ok with 3 seamers. We dont need a tired Siraj, Unfit Ishant or Shami. 

Whenever we play 2 spinners overseas, 3 fast bowlers get overburdened.

14 hours ago, Serpico said:

Its hollow because players were preparing for 5 match series. Cancelling last match because of indian players so that india can win series is hollow

Match won't be cancelled because I dua can win series but because of Covid and not the first time matches are cancelled due to Covid. 4 March series still a series.

India vs England: One Senior Player Reluctant to Play 5th Test; Jasprit Bumrah, Ravindra Jadeja Likely to be Rested

Didn't say who the player was, but hints indicate he is a high profile batsman whose family wants him to withdraw.

Meanwhile Jadeja is suffering from a leg strain. Another report says even Axar can replace him, so still a chance Ashwin may not feature in the XI. 

10 minutes ago, Cricspin said:

I don't get how. Ashwin will bowl the quota of overs that the 4th bowler would have bowled and more. The three other bowlers are still bowling the same amount or less

Never understood this concept of over burdened as if they suddenly have to bowl way more overs.

Ashwin is an attacking bowler. Umesh is fit like a Horse. Bumrah can rest and let Shami play if he needs rest. Thakur was underbowled last test. Each time 4 seamers are playing someone gets underbowled.

I know people think what if one fast bowler has an off day.. so what?? He still bowls good amount of overs and the Spinners chip in with some tight overs and wickets. People really think Ashwin can't take 2-3 wickets like the seamers are doing??

Overburdened because fast bowlers will have to bowl more overs in absence of a 4th pacer. When there is help for pacers, captain wants fast bowlers to bowl as much as possible at least in the first innings. Second spinner gets under-bowled because spinners are usually ineffective at least in the first innings in England. We have been there plenty of time before.

2 minutes ago, Gollum said:

India vs England: One Senior Player Reluctant to Play 5th Test; Jasprit Bumrah, Ravindra Jadeja Likely to be Rested

Didn't say who the player was, but hints indicate he is a high profile batsman whose family wants him to withdraw.

Meanwhile Jadeja is suffering from a leg strain. Another report says even Axar can replace him, so still a chance Ashwin may not feature in the XI. 

Don't get the logic of Bumrah resting. IPL isn't more important than winning this series. Test will anyway be rain affected.

23 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Don't get the logic of Bumrah resting. IPL isn't more important than winning this series. Test will anyway be rain affected.

Bumrah must play in the 5th test. He can rest in the first 2 IPL matches and get a 11 day break.

Bumrah should not run away from such a crucial decider for his country.

Edited by express bowling
24 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Lolhli... yes.. :yay: Finally.. :phehe:

Or may be not. :((

7 minutes ago, nitinbwj said:

Good chance it is Kohli

Firstly, they have said that the batsman is a high profile one and a middle order batsman will replace him. So, he is a high profile middle order batsman.

Secondly, if it were Rahane, everyone else would have jumped on the opportunity and agreed. (  like that story where there was a famine and all the animals of the core group were offering themselves to the  lion king for food and the king refused, and the moment the outsider did the same, everyone jumped on him and ate him )   :phehe:

Thirdly, I doubt Pujara will be called high profile.

Edited by express bowling
1 hour ago, nitinbwj said:

Lohli is not senior player, He is “the Player”. But i prey that he goes to shopping oxford street. I wonder if he is Covid positive and his PR media declared he is negative 

Edited by mishra

Who are these geniuses suggesting that Suryakumar should play test ? He is not a longer format player, averages around 40 in FC and came into radar because of his performances in IPL, not because of Ranji or A tours. I'm all for selecting him in T20s and even ODIs but test matches, no. And that too in England, its a double no.

Vihari or Mayank Agarwal should replace Rahane.

11 minutes ago, kubrickian said:

But then again, Indian team also had Yuvraj and Raina in test teams solely because they did well in white ball cricket and guess what, they failed badly. So Indian selectors or even most fans have no clue about selection matters.

Yuvraj actually opened batting in test series against austrlia and irfan pathan played at no 3. This is the only test series we lost to GOAT Australia at home (with both sachin and ganguly being injured mostnof the series)

So you are right 

3 hours ago, Cricspin said:

I don't get how. Ashwin will bowl the quota of overs that the 4th bowler would have bowled and more. The three other bowlers are still bowling the same amount or less

Never understood this concept of over burdened as if they suddenly have to bowl way more overs.

Ashwin is an attacking bowler. Umesh is fit like a Horse. Bumrah can rest and let Shami play if he needs rest. Thakur was underbowled last test. Each time 4 seamers are playing someone gets underbowled.

I know people think what if one fast bowler has an off day.. so what?? He still bowls good amount of overs and the Spinners chip in with some tight overs and wickets. People really think Ashwin can't take 2-3 wickets like the seamers are doing??

Edited by SRT100
3 hours ago, Cricspin said:

Mto be more precise, the overs 4th pacer bowled will get divided among 3 pacers and the 2nd spinner will get overs from the quota of one spinner. Overs that 4th seamer bowler can't be bowled by a spinner. They will have to be bowled by seamers. 

For example when two seamers complete their first spell with new ball after 10-12 overs, third seamer will bowl as first change but who will bowl as second, a spinner? Can't have a spinner bowling in first 15 overs in a test in England. There is a reason England play 4 seamers. That's what works