UPDATE: England vs India Manchester Test cancelled

Gollum

3 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Well I won't take 2-2 that's for sure.  Ideally the finale should be played next year in Manchester itself. 

Overall this series I reckon India has been a marginally better team so a 2-1 result would be fair reflection of this series. 

1st one thakur played. I have no doubt india would have won that. Had ishant played yes we may have lost that fame but not with fighters like thakur. 

18 hours ago, express bowling said:

There is a thread in their forum which is seriously discussing whether the ICC should ban the BCCI and India from participating in international cricket for ever from now on.   :phehe:

And ban international cricketers' participation in the IPL too.   :cantstop:

These guys have got new confidence. It is really an upgrade to be 24th province of the chinks. 

8 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

Not a paisa of Indian money goes to ECB and the series ends 2-1.

Here's an extract from ICC interim regulation concerning covid outbreak during an international match.

1. The regulation talks not only of players but also match officials. Match official would include backroom staff is what BCCI would argue.

2. Being a close contact is enough and a medical expert might be asked to testify to make the case that the virus takes a few days before it registers on tests.

@sarchasm ..Where did you get these rules? Any Link?

On 9/10/2021 at 3:52 PM, rkt.india said:

Shastri was found positive on 5th, Physio on 9th. Both were fully vaccinated.

Probably got infected independent of each other.

On 9/10/2021 at 3:52 PM, rkt.india said:

High chances players turn positive in 3-4 days time since they had contact with physio.

About 8x lower chance than a situation where physio/players were unvaccinated.  And about 25x lower chance that they become seriously ill. 

On 9/13/2021 at 6:07 AM, express bowling said:

There is a thread in their forum which is seriously discussing whether the ICC should ban the BCCI and India from participating in international cricket for ever from now on.   :phehe:

And ban international cricketers' participation in the IPL too.   :cantstop:

Whats your personal view of India not playing the 5th test?

8 hours ago, SRT100 said:

Whats your personal view of India not playing the 5th test?

About half our team had very close contact with the infected physio. He basically gave them physiotherapy.

And the incubation period for contracting Covid stretched well into the 5th test.

We could have been faced with a situation of having multiple Covid positive players bang in the middle of the 5th test. Such a situation is unacceptable, keeping in mind the health of both the Indian and English players as well as the quality of an important international match.

It is unfortunate that the test got cancelled. We missed out on an opportunity to win the test series directly, with momentum on our side. ECB was affected financially. But there was no other option but to cancel the 5th test.

And these situations may keep coming back in future test series between different teams. I hope the ICC lays down a more detailed and practical guideline than the current one, regarding such a situation, with the heath of the players of both teams being the biggest priority.

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

About half our team had very close contact with the infected physio. He basically gave them physiotherapy.

And the incubation period for contracting Covid stretched well into the 5th test.

We could have been faced with a situation of having multiple Covid positive players bang in the middle of the 5th test. Such a situation is unacceptable, keeping in mind the health of both the Indian and English players as well as the quality of an important international match.

It is unfortunate that the test got cancelled. We missed out on an opportunity to win the test series directly, with momentum on our side. ECB was affected financially. But there was no other option but to cancel the 5th test.

And these situations may keep coming back in future test series between different teams. I hope the ICC lays down a more detailed and practical guideline than the current one, regarding such a situation, with the heath of the players of both teams being the biggest priority.

Actually agree with everything you say here, you have provided a succinct analysis of all the variables at play and the consequences. In hindsight I do agree with you, at the time I was furious but on reflection I can understand the thinking.

However,

Do you blame the stupidity of Shastri for attending a book launch?

12 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

However,

Do you blame the stupidity of Shastri for attending a book launch?

Yes, I do.

He may not have breached any protocols or the law of the land ... but was he responsible enough or pragmatic enough  !

Almost all of us on ICF must have often taken additional precautions and abstained from enjoyable gatherings to keep our families safe. 

Shastri, being a supposedly responsible member of this group, should have abstained, keeping in mind that Covid cases are still rampant in England and we were about to win such a critical test series.

What's your viewpoint ?

11 hours ago, express bowling said:

Yes, I do.

He may not have breached any protocols or the law of the land ... but was he responsible enough or pragmatic enough  !

Almost all of us on ICF must have often taken additional precautions and abstained from enjoyable gatherings to keep our families safe. 

Shastri, being a supposedly responsible member of this group, should have abstained, keeping in mind that Covid cases are still rampant in England and we were about to win such a critical test series.

What's your viewpoint ?

Agree.

Common sense should have guided him here, it just goes to show maybe in the immediate future Team India needs chaperone to guide them to make the right decisions not only overseas but when they return to India.

Given the money involved when India plays,  its minuscule when you consider the consequences of canceling a series.

Pant did something similar in Australia and it was an Indian fan that posted the pic to Insta that landed him in a lot of trouble.

14 hours ago, express bowling said:

More than ecb, our padosis want us to lose match points, forfeit the match and be banned lmao.