Game of Thrones (Spoiler warning)

coffee_rules

I had to finally watch it, had to know what the fuss was all about. Some thoughts,

- Still consider Breaking bad as the best of all time TV shows. It was better written

- This is a great show, has all the drama, shock n awe scenes, great acting and good writing till the end of season 6. 

- show goes downhill in the last two season, the makers did not have any reference (half or incomplete book), so all the characters built in earlier seasons went bizarre as the writers made up stories.

- humor was pretty good, some of the characters like The Hound (Sandor Cleagon), Tyrion Lannister, Bronn are crowd pleasers

-Some of the best characters played on TV - Cersei, Jamie, Tyrion, Jon Snow, Ned Stark, and Sansa. Reminds a lot of Mahabharata and Chanakya. Dark and interesting chars, trying to outdo each other. Some have feel of a Greek tragedy. 

Didn’t like some of the stereo typical like Arya, Samwell, Euron, High sparrow. The whole saga of Samwell and Brandon stark is most boring 

Best villains - Joffrey, Baelish, Ramsey, Cersei

What are your favs?

Cersei and Tywin wins hands down. Transformation of Jamie and Sansa are good. They didn’t manage Daenerys (mother of dragons) very well. Looks like they wrote the ending and did reverse engg. 

All together, a great watch, I don’t think it is the best ever as rated by some 

Edited by coffee_rules

Well Breaking Bad is undoubtedly the best series I ever watched. 

GoT had its moments not denying that.  The big budget & everything made it riveting. 

Battle of the bastards was Iconic. 

Action wise it falls well short to Vikings whose First 3 season make GoT look like Nothing. 

Joffrey Tyrion Jaime Little finger  Ramsey bolton & Tywin lannister were my favorite.  

Cersie was fantastic as antagonist. 

@zen  Feel free to check out Succession best thing to watch on TV right now.  Third season will be dropped in couple of months. 

49 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Well Breaking Bad is undoubtedly the best series I ever watched. 

GoT had its moments not denying that.  The big budget & everything made it riveting. 

Battle of the bastards was Iconic. 

Action wise it falls well short to Vikings whose First 3 season make GoT look like Nothing. 

Joffrey Tyrion Jaime Little finger  Ramsey bolton & Tywin lannister were my favorite.  

Cersie was fantastic as antagonist. 

@zen

Of all the battles, they messed up the long night. Built up over all series, it was shot with a lot of confusion , darkness and loopholes. Whatever the dragons did in the last episode, they could have done it easily.  Battle of bastards - the tension built, the war and aftermath were truly iconic. 

26 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Of all the battles, they messed up the long night. Built up over all series, it was shot with a lot of confusion , darkness and loopholes. Whatever the dragons did in the last episode, they could have done it easily.  Battle of bastards - the tension built, the war and aftermath were truly iconic. 

Yeah it was the worst ending really..  The Night king stuff had a build up from season 1 & its effect in the end was minimal.  Like wth was the point..  Arya Stark turned explorer & all the training she had prior in season 6 & 7 was basically useless & seemed like a filler in the end.  They failed to connect dots in season 8.

Gold standard of action TV is Vikings Season 3 Paris seige..  All the planning & build up is top tier.  It ruined GoT for me literally. 

2 hours ago, jf1gp_1 said:

If you enjoyed breaking bad then give Me inbetween a go. It's an Aussie crime dark humor show , haven't seen anything like it.

Thanks will check it out...  Better Call Saul is also a excellent prequel to BB & some amazing characters return..  Final season is in works. 

Ozark is another one on same Money laundering & drug cartel thing.  Highly engaging stuff. 

On 9/11/2021 at 4:45 AM, coffee_rules said:

Still consider Breaking bad as the best of all time TV shows. It was better written

at its peak i think GOT was at par with breaking bad, neways always found comparison unfair as it was so different

GOT had multiple stories and a lot to conclude whereas breaking bad followed story of one character . 

14 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Thanks will check it out...  Better Call Saul is also a excellent prequel to BB & some amazing characters return..  Final season is in works. 

Ozark is another one on same Money laundering & drug cartel thing.  Highly engaging stuff. 

Yup. Seen both Ozark is an underrated show. Now even more confident you will like Mr inbetween.