Sir Kartik Tyagi - the young bowler appreciation thread!

zen

1 minute ago, Adamant said:

Arshdeep has very little chances of making it in international cricket. 

I think you are new on this forum. That’s ok, they all come around :phehe:  anyways no one is asking Arshdeep to play tests at lords or Gabba, however if guys like Dube,Sakariya,Rana can get international caps it’s not really an out there theory that’s Arshdeep has a shot based on what he has shown in the last 2 IPL’s in terms of work ethic, getting better and a great temperament.

Comprendez ?

1 minute ago, maniac said:

I think you are new on this forum. That’s ok, they all come around :phehe:  anyways no one is asking Arshdeep to play tests at lords or Gabba, however if guys like Dube,Sakariya,Rana can get international caps it’s not really an out there theory that’s Arshdeep has a shot based on what he has shown in the last 2 IPL’s in terms of work ethic, getting better and a great temperament.

Comprendez ?

Oh ok. 

According to you internationally quality means a couple of odi or t20 caps? 

Then yes he is definitely International class. 

I don't think being an 'Old' member of a forum is an achievement, so yeah you can call me new all you want. 

I am not sure why you got triggered? 

2 minutes ago, Adamant said:

I don't think being an 'Old' member of a forum is an achievement, so yeah you can call me new all you want. 

I am not sure why you got triggered? 

where am I triggered. I can wage a bet you have more annoying and irritating posts than that. Did I bother?

Any way calling you  new was not meant as an insult. If you felt bad I apologize.

Edited by maniac

4 minutes ago, maniac said:

where am I triggered. I can wage a bet you have more annoying and irritating posts than that. Did I bother?

Any way calling you  new was not meant as an insult. If you felt bad I apologize.

Okay, My bad. 

Actually I just meant that Arshdeep isn't near international quality as of now. 

As for the first sentence of this post, I hardly write any annoying or irritating post, these are the qualities that you can never associate with my posts, I am always humble. Ask anyone. I easily change my views when I am corrected. 

3 minutes ago, Adamant said:

Okay, My bad. 

Actually I just meant that Arshdeep isn't near international quality as of now. 

As for the first sentence of this post, I hardly write any annoying or irritating post, these are the qualities that you can never associate with my posts, I am always humble. Ask anyone. I easily change my views when I am corrected. 

I guess you are referring to his lack of pace. However he has consistently shown good temperament and death bowling skills.

Surely can play T20Is. 

10 hours ago, Mosher said:

Still can't believe Tyagi didn't make it to the previous SL tour and someone like Sakariya did.

The worrisome part of this incident is that the current selectors view white ball pacers as those who can bowl decent slower balls and not those who can bowl good quick yorkers at will. 

On 9/22/2021 at 1:20 AM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

bumrah and steyn appreciating kartik tyagi clearly indicates that the guy has talent.

But varun aroon had more talent than kartik tyagi and he failed.....possibly varun did not pratice hard , i am worried if kartik tyagi does not improve a little as i feel he is cloe to play for India if he improves 20 to 25 %. i mean with his pace, gets more control , swings both sides , if he improves he can play for india in tests in future

Edited by vishalvirsingh

14 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

bumrah and steyn appreciating kartik tyagi clearly indicates that the guy has talent.

But varun aroon had more talent than kartik tyagi and he failed.....possibly varun did not pratice hard , \

Naah dnt think so

i am worried if kartik tyagi does not improve a little as i feel he is cloe to play for India if he improves 20 to 25 %. i mean with his pace, gets more control , swings both sides , if he improves he can play for india in tests in future

If anything tyagi has shown great improvement in very short time. Last yr he was smoked by pandya in death and he bowled bad , this yr he came back n defended 4 runs. Thats improvement in a high pressure situation

If he controls his lines better, i bet can play for many international sides instantly. 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

16 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Naah dnt think so

If anything tyagi has shown great improvement in very short time. Last yr he was smoked by pandya in death and he bowled bad , this yr he came back n defended 4 runs. Thats improvement in a high pressure situation

If he controls his lines better, i bet can play for many international sides instantly. 

varun aroon was more talented than Umesh Yadav. he was the one who had created the real hype with a few balls @153k..umesh had bowled 140 to 148k in indian domestic cricket but this guy had bowled from 140 to 154k.

i am sure to say that varun aroon was a shade faster than Umesh yadav. he hit stuart broad of a 147k bouncer and clean bowled warner of some super fast 148 k balls. i feel varun did not work as hard as he was supposed to ...

from talent standpoint , if any one deserved to bowl for India , it was Varun. 

i mean to say varun had more talent than shammi, bumrah,srinath, umesh ..practically all fast bowlers.

Just now, vishalvirsingh said:

varun aroon was more talented than Umesh Yadav. he was the one who had created the real hype with a few balls @153k..umesh had bowled 140 to 148k in indian domestic cricket but this guy had bowled from 140 to 154k.

i am sure to say that varun aroon was a shade faster than Umesh yadav. he hit stuart broad of a 147k bouncer and clean bowled warner of some super fast 148 k balls. i feel varun did not work as hard as he was supposed to ...

i mean to say varun had more talent than shammi, bumrah,srinath, umesh ..practically all fast bowlers.

if i was BCCI chairman, i would have dedicated a fast bowling coach to be full time tracking and coaching varun aroon. he was marked as an exceptional fast bowling talent.

i would have asked MSD to nurture ,coach and support him well.

msd had actually was successfull in finishing Umesh's career as well, kohli brought back umesh and atleast got the fast bowling culture back.

since i have played leather ball cricket at club level and i have played various matches in Mumbai , club matches which also become very competitive and some times one or two exceptional talents do come out n play from these teams too.

any pace bowler who gets SUPPORT starts improving , his line n length , his pace , his control , everything improves. 

it is same in our corpoorate career too....folks who get more opportunities or folks who manage to grab more opportunities succeed more...

during MSD's times , trundlers got a lot of opportunities and that was one reason ,why our pacers/trundlers look average bowlers abroad. 

i feel the blame has to be given to captain then and the selectors then. 

an enormous talent like varun aroon should be given a lot of support.

31 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

varun aroon was more talented than Umesh Yadav.

totally disagree 

Umesh had better career then aaron everywhere , umesh is an ATG bowler in indian conditions (test). Umesh bowled well in 2015 Wc, had done well in one IPL.............with Aaron it was nothing 

Aaron has just few highlights that u counted in one line and thats it.  Just becoz he cranked 152 doesnt mean he becomes some great talent. Umesh had more tools

31 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

he was the one who had created the real hype with a few balls @153k..umesh had bowled 140 to 148k in indian domestic cricket but this guy had bowled from 140 to 154k.

Aaron impressed me on his debut when bowled cracking yorkers against england and his short ball was dangerous but he never was consistent with either. I think post his back injury his yorkers % went down 

He had pace but honestly i dnt get blinded by just pace..............its just not pace its what u do with it .  If you dont know how to use pace , it becomes batsman best friend 

No varun was nowhere close to shami, shami is one of the most skillfull bowlers . Neither he was more talented then srinath, umesh or even bumrah.