100 years of moplah Genocide

vayuu1

Folks, most of people have heard about it,but never understood the level of brutality dissed during this ,womb of pregnant women being teared and foetus being destroyed ,a feeding mother being raped and killed and child is playing near her dead body from savarkar ,ambedkar,to annie besant have all mentioned the barbaric nature of this genocide yet we hail it as some sort of rebellion against british so much so that there is a movie being made on the cheif perpetrator and glorify him as hero,this genocide was one of tge main reason for the formation of RSS,we dont discuss it often

https://hindi.opindia.com/politics/cruel-stories-of-massacre-of-hindus-by-moplah-muslims-in-kerala-malabar-rebellion-history/?crst=1632550463&wrst=1632550462

Abdul Rashid had killed bed ridden Swami Shraddhanand of Arya Samaj in cold blood hatred. Shraddhanand had actively supported Khilafat movement which angered some fanatic Muslims. After the murder, Gandhi had defended Rashid and called him his brother. 

The annual session of the Congress was taking place from December 25, 1926, at Guwahati. All the senior leaders, including Gandhi, were present at the session when the news of the gruesome murder of Swami Shraddhananda came in. Gandhi called Abdul Rashid his own brother, but moved a condolence motion himself. “If you hold dear the memory of Swami Shraddhanandji, you would help in purging the atmosphere of mutual hatred and calumny. Now you will perhaps understand why I have called Abdul Rashid a brother and I repeat it. I do not even regard him as guilty of Swamiji’s murder. Guilty indeed are all those who excited feelings of hatred against one another”, Gandhi said to the shock of many in the audience. At the very same session, funds were collected for the legal defence of Rashid in the courts. When he was sentenced to capital punishment by the British, there were over fifty thousand people in his funeral procession at Kolkata. That was where the appeasement policy of the leaders had led the country.”

https://arisebharat.com/tag/gandhi-called-abdul-rashid-his-own-brother/

Edited by coffee_rules

I'm not going to mentally speculate on topics I don't have any information on. But what is the point of bringing this now. opindia is the other extreme of thewire and toi and other leftist garbage. Are we going to remember every untoward incident that happened 100/50 years ago. This seems another divide and conquer strategy to cover up the fact the world economy is in shambles and giving some infotainment for the masses. I'm pretty sure the wire is gonna come back with minority oppression or some like that in the next few days.

23 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

I'm not going to mentally speculate on topics I don't have any information on. But what is the point of bringing this now. opindia is the other extreme of thewire and toi and other leftist garbage. Are we going to remember every untoward incident that happened 100/50 years ago. This seems another divide and conquer strategy to cover up the fact the world economy is in shambles and giving some infotainment for the masses. I'm pretty sure the wire is gonna come back with minority oppression or some like that in the next few days.

It is needed when the “other” side wants to celebrate this event erasing the bloody history. History is not to be forgotten, but remembered, so the same mistakes are not repeated. See this protest in Kerala

1 hour ago, Real McCoy said:

Ignoring history is like shutting down the brain and hoping for the best. History repeats itself.  So we NEED to bring this EVERY time and remind us of the danger lurking around.

4 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

One has to ask how pathetic was Gandhi. We are paying for Khilafat till date. 

Gandhi was a self-flagellating pseudo-secular dharmic liberal. He had a distinctively hindu "All are our family"  view of the world 

I take my hat off to Ambedkar. He was an independent and critical thinker. He had no dharmic philosophical baggage. He called spade a spade.

3 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

okay you dont want to untoward any incident that happened 100 yrs ago or say 50 yrs ago fine,but what about incident that happened  yesterday in assam,what about hindus being targeted during bengal elections,what about anti caa protests,what about mini pakistans in india,does that ring bell.

5 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

I am not going to read up on history and make myself aware. But I am going to call out others positions as extreme without having background on the event. I am going to do the standard « both sides » narrative to sound balanced. But I am pretty sure I will not try to inform myself of the events. 

Edited by ravishingravi

14 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

It is needed when the “other” side wants to celebrate this event erasing the bloody history. History is not to be forgotten, but remembered, so the same mistakes are not repeated. See this protest in Kerala

I don't understand why this is discussed here. We are talking about moplah genocide.

13 hours ago, kepler37b said:

Ignoring history is like shutting down the brain and hoping for the best. History repeats itself.  So we NEED to bring this EVERY time and remind us of the danger lurking around.

Fair enough but this seems more of a diversion tactic to take focus from other important issues of today. Same with muslims who ignore congress' role in dividing India and vote for them.

11 hours ago, vayuu1 said:

okay you dont want to untoward any incident that happened 100 yrs ago or say 50 yrs ago fine,but what about incident that happened  yesterday in assam,what about hindus being targeted during bengal elections,what about anti caa protests,what about mini pakistans in india,does that ring bell.

what is bjp doing. its supposed to be a hindu party, no? They have been in power for 7 years. They should have put a full stop to this rather than complaining like they are helpless. They can't defend those hindus being targeted but can complain about something in the past on news outlets and twitter :no:

9 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

I am not going to read up on history and make myself aware. But I am going to call out others positions as extreme without having background on the event. I am going to do the standard « both sides » narrative to sound balanced. But I am pretty sure I will not try to inform myself of the events. 

I have a different perspective on things. I know how media is manipulated in US. Our media is not that savvy but its getting there. Thanks for ignoring my point.