CSK Magic

Vk1

I never used to believe that.. I thought slow pitches/luck had major role but  the way Uthappa batted in his last two innings.. a done and dusted player playing the momentum shifting knock in the final.. even Watson on his last legs ( injured in final ) winning the cup in 18 and coming very very close in 19.. its definitely a special unit.. I dont like it to be attributed totally to MSD though as he lead us in 6 T20 world cups and just won one. 

It’s a special unit no doubt. They have their own way of doing things. Not a single player who has played there has had anything even slightly negative to say. They all love to be there

9 finals in 12 seasons is ultra impressive. Making playoffs every single season except a Covid hit season is even more impressive

all this when you consider that T20 is a game where one good day for an opposition player and it could be curtains

without doubt best ever T20 team

on a side note, seeing how Ferguson choked in the final. i'm pretty sure we would have won that semis match ( Neesham had to/did bowl the last over )..

even when he lost his touch..this extra ordinary hype generated by MSD's PR, commies, fans etc as the greatest finisher does seem to create huge pressure on the opposition.. and if its NZ.. they would definitely choke

Rituraj > Paddikal

Fafda > AB (In T20s & T20Is underrated fact)  

I'll take Uthappa over Present Kohli anyday.

Maxi >= Moeen ( both bash spin)

Thala < Bharat

Bravo >> County Garton or Jamieson 

Siraj> D Chahar 

Jadeja> Chahal (count both facets) 

Thakur = Harshal

CSK overall twice better than RCb in quality

2 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Rituraj > Paddikal

Thala < Bharat

Siraj> D Chahar 

Thakur = Harshal

Paddi is overrated

7 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Rituraj > Paddikal

Thala < Bharat

Siraj> D Chahar 

Thakur = Harshal

Biggest difference

MSD as captain >>>>> Kohli

<Copying my post from the other thread>

Great show by Ashwin and lot of insights in CSK's intricate strategies. Ashwin has a great future as a commentator.

Best parts of the video

4.46 - 10.12

15.45 - 17.05

20.00 - 25.00

Summary (for non-Tamil folks)

• KKR's strategy was clear that they would start bowling with Shakib against two right handed opening batsmen, so any talks of Ferguson opening the bowling was only hindsight
  • The key performance was not from Faf, Jadeja, Uthappa etc, but from Bravo who gave 8 runs in 2 overs that turned the game around and frustrated Iyer
  • CSK had some clear strategies: 
    • Faf would target quicks and play out spinners for singles, while Ruturaj would target spinners and play out quicks... They stuck to the strategy and although Faf ended up scoring 7 fours and 3 sixes, most of them were against the quicks
    • Man-to-man marking to attack bowlers
    • Uthappa came in and took Rutu's role to attack spinners
    • KKR found it difficult to break this.. and end of it, Ferguson conceded 40(16) to Faf and the spinners leaked runs to Rutu and Uthappa
    • Usually Bravo bowls after the 12 over, but Bravo coming in early and bowling fast offbreaks when they would have expected Moeen and Jadeja to bowl confused KKR.. Two tight overs created pressure and Shardul/Jadeja capitalized from the other end
    • Planning of Sunil Narine's wicket
  • Sometimes decision making is really under-rated.. Executing the planned strategies and making the right moves on-field in a timely way is more critical than just batting or bowling prowess
  • Comparison to football - although attackers get the limelight, midfielders and defenders play such an important role, but often get forgotten and don't get enough limelight.. Bravo and Hazelwood played that role yesterday
  • Those saying CSK don't have strategies and go by luck are completely wrong.. They have an innate intelligence to create and execute tactics