Cricketing Credentials + Commentary Skills: Which Indian analyst/commentator is the best?

maniac

Cricket + Commentry: who is the best?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Cricket + Commentry: who is the best?

• Sunil Gavaskar
    • Ravi Shastri
    • Sanjay Manjrekar
    • DK
    • Saurav Ganguly
    • Ajay Jadeja
    • Others (please specify in post)

44 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Shastri is the best commentator by far that we have produced.

Yes and he gives it to their face. He made Mike Dennes look like a fool in that press conference during Tendulkar ball tampering saga. He speaks his mind and doesn't give a ****. I like his aggressive mind set plus he has great cricketing knowledge and experience and the man is very very articulate. I like DK as well. Arun Lal was underrated. He had great insight about how the domestic cricket worked in India. LSR, Irfan ( yuck.. Doesn't add much value.. a blind Kohli bhakt) , Saba Karim etc are all time pass. 

39 minutes ago, raki05 said:

Yup of the current lot only Bewda...other than his Kohli boasting, i like his overall commentary. Worst is Bhaunkley , DD Gupta and Murali Karthik.

to be honest I enjoy Harsha in an interview/ discussion type scenario. Not only he has great stories but he is very good at telling that story.  In a commentator scenario he can be cringe.

basically he is fine when he is taking about something involving him or his experiences but sucks at commentating or adding inputs to a live game.

Sunny G is very good when he is analyzing the technical side of the game but when he tries to be funny and entertaining or when there is mumbai or a milestone involved he goes off rails.

Shastri I don’t think I have heard him say one intelligent thing from a cricket perspective ever but he can be entertaining in a banter type situation.

so overall every Indian analyst/ commentator  has an annoying flaw but some positives which are not strong enough to overcome the negatives :(( 

Is he really that bad? People only hate him because doesn't serve to their fanbase.

If you can't see the embedhttps://twitter.com/ESPNcricinfo/status/1667035537813778432?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1667035537813778432|twgr^d0e58b178b1f41604fe05bd20e5efec74f66759f|twcon^s1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.indiancricketfans.com%2Findex.php%3Fapp%3Dcoremodule%3Dsystemcontroller%3Dembedurl%3Dhttps3A2F2Ftwitter.com2FESPNcricinfo2Fstatus2F16670355378137784323Fs3D20 

You can check his old videos, he is never afraid of pointing out truth. Does behave rude and unhinged sometimes but it is his job.

Edited by Chakdephatte
2 hours ago, Chakdephatte said:

Is he really that bad? People only hate him because he triggered almost every fanbase equally so far.

You can check his old videos, he is never afraid of pointing out truth. Does behave rude and unhinged sometimes but it is his job.

who are you talking about?