Comic Vir Das' 'I Come From 2 Indias' Video Prompts Case By BJP Leader

SujitPrakash

I understand if people have issues with what he said, maybe it can be argued. Why does it matter where he said it? RW snowflakes are supplying Cringe material in twitter, equating this to "talking about your mother to someone else":laugh: Jeez. 

Maybe boomers don't understand that if the relationship is abusive, it should be called out even if it is your mother or father or partner. Keeping quiet and not talking about it, pretending to be happy to the society is soo 1980s. 

23 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

Who is forcing anyone to stay in an abusive relationship ,they can always leave.

Not everyone can leave an abusive partner, they have to consider the control the partner have on them, financial dependency, stability etc.

Similarly, not everyone can leave the country at will. They may not have the resources or the financial capital. So "If you don't like the country, you can leave" is a not a very good argument. . 

On 11/17/2021 at 2:09 PM, Lone Wolf said:

I've seen people make funny remarks on their own country in stand ups usually...  But when he said we worship & then gangrape women was clearly out of line..  Just shows he doesn't has better content.  He wanted attention & dude sure as hell got it now:isalute:

RW LW both got played...  Winner Vir Das:bow:

I did not click it because as a matter of principle I never watch anything which is marketed on controversy. But What u mentioned he said that then its not funny at various levels.

Rape and violence against women is a crime globally. Its nothing to do with India as law doesn’t give any protection/excuse/misuse to crminals. If he thinks certain section of law needs correction he can cite it. But calling Indian society as rapist on basis of rape crime is wrong.

Extending his logic Indian society is rapist murderer, Terrorist, looters, and Infact every type of crime. Why stop at rapist only.

However crime vs population ratio in terms of rape murder is still lowest compared to any country in world. Same is true for Indian community globally. So I am proud of our Indian Hindu culture which outperforms atheist,  and not atheists people globally on legal cases by atleast 10 times.

Since there is no moral or ethical metric of population, I won’t claim it but we commit atleast 10 times less crime

Edited by mishra

3 hours ago, ash said:

I understand if people have issues with what he said, maybe it can be argued. Why does it matter where he said it? RW snowflakes are supplying Cringe material in twitter, equating this to "talking about your mother to someone else":laugh: Jeez. 

Maybe boomers don't understand that if the relationship is abusive, it should be called out even if it is your mother or father or partner. Keeping quiet and not talking about it, pretending to be happy to the society is soo 1980s. 

You got it all wrong. RW snowflakes is an oxymoron. Snowflakes are those LeLis who outrage at the drop of a hat. Boomer uncles/snowflake .. shame that our resident snowflake nomenclature police chief is not outraged yet. I agree a lot of official action is an excess and a case of behaving like the LeLis. Guy rants, let him. there is no change in world maps because of one VD guy. 

43 minutes ago, mishra said:

I did not click it because as a matter of principle I never watch anything which is marketed on controversy. But What u mentioned he said that then its not funny at various levels.

Rape and violence against women is a crime globally. Its nothing to do with India as law doesn’t give any protection/excuse/misuse to crminals. If he thinks certain section of law needs correction he can cite it. But calling Indian society as rapist on basis of rape crime is wrong.

Extending his logic Indian society is rapist murderer, Terrorist, looters, and Infact every type of crime. Why stop at rapist only.

However crime vs population ratio in terms of rape murder is still lowest compared to any country in world. Same is true for Indian community globally. So I am proud of our Indian Hindu culture which outperforms atheist,  and not atheists people globally on legal cases by atleast 10 times.

Since there is no moral or ethical metric of population, I won’t claim it but we commit atleast 10 times less crime

Exactly all he was actually trying to do was score some brownie points with white folk & knew this would blew up in India.  On a stand up level this was as atrocious as it ever can be. 

Legendary PR stunt. 

15 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Exactly all he was actually trying to do was score some brownie points with white folk & knew this would blew up in India.  On a stand up level this was as atrocious as it ever can be. 

Legendary PR stunt. 

I don’t think you get any brownie point. Most folks generally know that India and Indians is not same as what BS this guy was saying.
However that exact same statement is not the first time, I am hearing.  Its standard ISPR anti Hindu propaganda which sells brand “Delhi as rape Capital of world” ie Indian society is full of rapist.

Who funded organised and planned the reporting of this event. Because what “only mentionable news “ that has simultaneously appeared on all major English news websites (bbc, guardian) is this story about Vir das.

Now you add it Tripura fake news reporting where liers have been arrested before they cook up story and Maharashtra riots by Raja academy immediately after killing of Hindus burning of pandals during Durga puja in Bangladesh.  

GoI needs to put a hoarding in front of bollywood. Just stay in entertainment industry. Dont act political for money.

Edited by mishra

8 hours ago, speedheat said:

Absolutely loving the way how NRI bhakts are getting triggered here, hypocrites.

:dance:

One thing I can assure you that NRIs always ensure the reputation of India in intact outside. I mean Congress ruled India for years but dont recall any NRI making fun of the country just bcoz they dont like the party that rule India. There is ofcourse a bit of selfishness associated as well bcoz they live outside India and have to potray the country they come from is progressive. So in a sense NRIs think above party politics when living abroad. People like Vir Das comes, speak ****, runs away to India and poor NRIs have to clean the mess.

When Nirbhaya happened and it was a big news everywhere, I remember girls in UK had a phobia on Indian guys. They used to think every Indian guy will rape them. 

We (Indians) dont have a great reputation in western world anyway and being considered as a country of snake charmers for years. Here is a Govt that somehow trying to build India's image overseas with space missions, record Covid vaccinations, climate forums, FDIs etc. Its the responsibility of every Indian to potray a good image of our country overseas irrespective of which party we like.

It takes years to build reputation but here comes a third grade comedian, goes in United States and says Indians gang rape women at night. Not sure if you have but I have never touched a woman without her consent. So why should I as an Indian accept what this third grade comedian has to say? If anything police should investigate if Vir Das has gangraped any woman at night...who knows maybe he was speaking from his own experience.

Always remember, If life gives you a stage to represent your country overseas - be a Swami Vivekananda and not some agenda driven third grade comedian like Vir Das.