26/11 Attacks - Reflections

ravishingravi

8 hours ago, Mariyam said:

My bad.

This PDF is the entire commission.

https://www.humanrightsinitiative.org/download/RDPradhan&VBala-HLEC-2611attacks-Report-2009-LowRes.pdf

Doesn't speak about local collaborators except for that one line you mentioned.

Here is the dossier the GoI sent to Pakistan. The understanding is Headley was the person who recce-ed the areas. 

There were two Indians who were acquitted for 'doubtful' evidence.

Well if you bring in Headley in this discussion in the defense of local involvement then Pak/Pak ISI should have been fully incriminated. But instead congress conveniently found RSS as conspirators for 26/11. I will put a separate post on Headley, ISI, US, India, LeT, and ObL.

Besides, that whole investigation was done by US. Back in 2009-10, US had strong relations with Pak. So they did not allow Indians to do investigation on Indian angle because Cong was fixated upon RSS angle. Headley pleaded guilty for recceing this plot. He was caught so it was convenient for him to take blame for 11/26 entirely. And things ended and the suspects in India were released.

Having said that, I wish and hope that there was no local involvement. But I am not convinced with the investigation (there was none)

Pak ISS and Pak was let off the hook when they brought in RSS angle.

Local involvement was ruled out on the basis of Headley admission of guilt. 

Forgive me if I am missing anything legal here but in layman's understanding, I could only think of this much. 

8 hours ago, goose said:

it was an ill conceived post which some interpreted as an attack on India / govt. It was a comment on the human tendency (and in my opinion entirely irrational), aided and abetted by politicians, to allocate a disproportionate amount of time and resources (emotional and economic) to the response to terrorism versus the response to the pandemic. the human physiological response to both has been shown to be identical. the main difference the 'enemy' is more visible in the case of terrorism.

Actually you are right when you say covid is a threat to national security or even existance. It should be defeated with an army of healthcare. Pakistan is scum of earth that should be defeated with every resource India has that's also true so yeah I can imagine why people got pissed of with you bringing this topic into the discussion in that way. 

On 11/28/2021 at 1:38 PM, straighttalk said:

Pakistan is not as bad as China: India.

Not sure in what sense? You mean nuclear arsenal or something along those lines. Pak vs India and India vs Pak China is similar scenario. Again ddfence acquisition is one aspects of national security apparatus. 

On 11/28/2021 at 1:19 PM, straighttalk said:

No bollywood style footage is needed only to further the narrative and fool the public, boost the morale with some bombs that would level the buildings instead of making "three holes".

A simple satellite image which neutral countries have provided would have sufficed or even aerial pictures showing the damage. Not some fancy stories of weapons that  kill 300 terrorists and not have any visible damages. All these narrative of disinformation campaigns by allies of India are hogwash which only the die hard BJP fellas will believe. Fact is in the fog of war, misses happen. That is ok...not something to belabor as the intent was there. Next time we will get them.  I do not believe the BJP paid media narrative and trust the opposite as all evidence points to that. You are free to believe the reverse. I do not see any chance in changing your opinion.

But imagine under Congress, your pilot gets paraded. Supposedly next superpower India defending its skies with 70s era planes. Shooting down its own helicopter. Cannot distinguish between helis and F16s. This level of incompetence is really shameful when the whole world new Pakistan will retaliate. Also, Pakistan fired at a military establishment, lets not forget Modi did not have the guts to retaliate.

You are just peddling pakistani isi narative sorry no time I normally treat such posts like tissue paper. 

On 11/28/2021 at 1:50 PM, straighttalk said:

Unfortunately, the bombs missed. Which happens. And we did not shoot down an F16 (there is no credible proof other than someone saying it

Sorry this is untrue. Again Indian armed forces do not lie they do not tweet and then go back. They have released evidence which people who are in the know will understand. One can go to open source intelligence reports plenty to  make their own assumptions radar data and fuselage tadpole were shared. This is not a political bjp vs Congress discussion that's the type of low resolution thinking which I am used to seeing in India so not surprised by it but they are useless in this context. 

On 11/29/2021 at 10:14 AM, goose said:

you've both misunderstood. i am not comparing countries and i certainly am not attacking India. never mind being on the outside, i have never been on the inside! my only connection with India is my parents who moved to the UK in 1970s. i come from a position of total ignorance. mine was a commentary on the human species. why do we get our knickers in a twist over 3000 falling from the twin towers, or 100 people dying on the streets of Mumbai/London and yet gloss over mismanagement that leads to much greater loss of life?

People die of disease and are killed in accidents at times due to negligence and are murdered by terrorists. Its not the same. And its not the number of deaths alone, you can't be OK with a single murder even if millions die of disease. Healthcare while being negligent like how indian govt was ignorantly claiming victory over covid can become a criminal negligence, an act of murder on the other hand is always worse and what's worse mass murder. 

2 hours ago, Vilander said:

Sorry this is untrue. Again Indian armed forces do not lie they do not tweet and then go back. They have released evidence which people who are in the know will understand. One can go to open source intelligence reports plenty to  make their own assumptions radar data and fuselage tadpole were shared. This is not a political bjp vs Congress discussion that's the type of low resolution thinking which I am used to seeing in India so not surprised by it but they are useless in this context. 

I doubt that these guys are against IAF and institutions. I wont go that far. But when it comes to their hate for BJP, they can discard anything, including IAF. So they wont hesitate to discredit IAF if that discredits BJP politically.

On 11/29/2021 at 12:20 AM, straighttalk said:

Unfortunately, the bombs missed. Which happens. And we did not shoot down an F16 (there is no credible proof other than someone saying it). What we know for sure is our brave pilots had to fly antiquated jets and we  shot down our own heli. Only in India, will this be treated as a victory.

6 hours ago, Vilander said:

People die of disease and are killed in accidents at times due to negligence and are murdered by terrorists. Its not the same. And its not the number of deaths alone, you can't be OK with a single murder even if millions die of disease. Healthcare while being negligent like how indian govt was ignorantly claiming victory over covid can become a criminal negligence, an act of murder on the other hand is always worse and what's worse mass murder. 

criminal negligence can be every bit as traumatic for the victim and those left behind as murder, and is some respects actually worse.

10 hours ago, goose said:

criminal negligence can be every bit as traumatic for the victim and those left behind as murder, and is some respects actually worse.

Nope. Terrorists sympathisers for instance are criminal in being negligent of their duty to humanity, but i cant equate their crime to an actual mass murderer can i. Look at yourself for instance, you seem to sympathise with pakistani terror agenda that's not the same as act of terror is it. There is a difference. 

53 minutes ago, Vilander said:

Nope. Terrorists sympathisers for instance are criminal in being negligent of their duty to humanity, but i cant equate their crime to an actual mass murderer can i. Look at yourself for instance, you seem to sympathise with pakistani terror agenda that's not the same as act of terror is it. There is a difference. 

what on earth gave you that ridiculous impression?

15 minutes ago, goose said:

what on earth gave you that ridiculous impression?

For one there is the brining in covid response in a 26/11 thread as if to trivialise the latter. Does not seem to be a ridiculous impression to me. Lecturing that India is not focusing on healthcare as more people die of it, discounting the fact that act of mass murder is willful act of crime with malicious intent focusing on it does not have to do anything with how a govt responded to covid lol. 

1 minute ago, Vilander said:

For one there is the brining in covid response in a 26/11 thread as if to trivialise the latter. Does not seem to be a ridiculous impression to me. Lecturing that India is not focusing on healthcare as more people die of it, discounting the fact that act of mass murder is willful act of crime with malicious intent focusing on it does not have to do anything with how a govt responded to covid lol. 

sorry if you felt that way but you are mistaken, anyway here endeth this conversation i think.

10 minutes ago, Vilander said:

That is exactly how they are reflecting on the sacrifices made by India and city of mumbai on one of the ghastly terrorist attacks on our lands. 

On 11/29/2021 at 12:02 PM, dial_100 said:

All you are doing is fooling people with assumption that RW or BJP supporters are unpadh gawar. I told you few times that there are different discussion threads for each of these topic. You were to just stick to 26/11, no pulwama, no 1971, no Corona. Just stick 26/11. It was very hard for you right. You have deflected by saying 50 different things.

First of all, Hindu's dont need a political figure to save them. Hindus are wise enough to chose what is right for them. They dont need saving. No politician need to save Hindus or Hinduism. You just answer why the $uck your party blamed RSS for 26/11.

As for rhetoric like Indira was 20 times that of Modi, is the absurd comparison I have ever heard. But for the sake of discussion if I assume that is true here is what I have at my hand.

In 70s and 80s, India and China's GDP was about $10-$30B apart, round about $180 to $300 B in that decade. So from 80s and 90s, China reached to $10-12T by 2014 while India was barely touching $2T. So India's 20 times power back in 70s and 80s saw a huge fall and most of these years were ruled by your fav stupid party. In 2014 Modi got a crippled economy, crippled defense preparedness, almost negligible infrastructure and the most corrupt bureaucracy. 

So your 20 times strong leader could not be compared in a situation that arrived 3 decades later. Focus on the discussion now "2611 attacks reflection".

Why the heck Cong not take any strong action? Why did they blame RSS? If RSS did all that where is the proof? If RSS was not responsible for 2611 then why did idiot leaders not apologize for blaming RSS. 

Same reason the current Govt is afraid to take back POK even with a much bigger economy  , cannot even utter China's name, ad can't retaliate when Pak fires at our military base because it is much more economical and efficient to win war without bloodshed . Pak is now a pariah state and has no international standing.

Regarding RSS , that was just Digvijay Singh and not official Congress position. It was wrong . You think I am a Congress supporter. I am not. I do not have any affiliation with any party or any religion.i just hate politics that use the language of division and hatred to win votes and hide lack of development. 

On 12/2/2021 at 8:34 PM, Mohan Swamy said:

Ok some Ragjuram made a comment in Facebook based on some Tim Cook. The actual article said that a US serviceman was awarded a medal.India was not even mentioned. Why is there not a single piece of wreckage or a photo? Why do we have to believe such stories that bombs make three tiny holes and kill 300 people without any  ofe of visible damage. I mean it is laughable to hear this narrative.  That is called conclusive evidence. Not this Facebook comments by either Pak or indian common folks.