Gujarat “Titans” and Lucknow “Super Giants” IPL updates

zen

Which team would you support?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/01/2022 at 03:59 AM

On 1/30/2022 at 2:00 AM, diga said:

+1... also never understood why Kolkata wants knight riders when knights would have sufficed. (for the youngsters, knight rider was a serial in the 90s about a supercar and a cop) ..Its as though there is some numerology involved in naming

Dumb retards for team owners, and lack of punishment from the market. Indians for most part are also uninterested in such things to care abt it. 

Super giants lol. 

1 hour ago, Sgattick10 said:

Horrendous

Ghatiya... why is the Indian flag in the Logo? i thought it was a city IPL team which doesn't haven any reference to India in its name..  If they wanted to base it on Garuda then why not name the team Eagles/Kites otherwise the rational they have provided is meaningless

28 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Na kisi ki jersey na kisi ka naam, knight riders is the only cool name n they had a cool jersey in season one (the black one) after that its  been a **** show. 

One more jersey i liked for RCB in season 2 and deccan charges was also a good name, baaki sab bakwaas hi hai 

Are you a fan of:

Confusion appears to be b/w the names - Ahmedabad (or Amdavad) Titans and Gujarat Titans … and maybe there could be a different name 

Based on how teams go for names in IPL, it took me less than 5 mins to come up with “Titans”, along with names like Lions and Bulls, and draw a connection with the team (for e.g. largest stadium in case of Titans) … If the franchise hired an agency (maybe the agency is just to design branding items like the logo), they could have gone with a more unique name with a desi flavor or coined something out of scratch :hmmm:

Giants, Kings, Titans, … 

Edited by zen

Disheartening to see that a legendary state with rich cultural history like Uttar Pradesh is being captained by KL Rahul. 

UP is a place filled with Jaanbaaz, gundas and dacoits, we needed someone like Gambhir or Kohli to captain our side instead of this goat face. 

Mann bhi nahi kar rahan support karne ka:whack:

Kuch original nahi rakha yaar, naam bhi udhar le liya, :no:

9 hours ago, Adamant said:

Disheartening to see that a legendary state with rich cultural history like Uttar Pradesh is being captained by KL Rahul. 

UP is a place filled with Jaanbaaz, gundas and dacoits, we needed someone like Gambhir or Kohli to captain our side instead of this goat face. 

Mann bhi nahi kar rahan support karne ka:whack:

Kuch original nahi rakha yaar, naam bhi udhar le liya, :no:

call him "pan" - the greek goat god. and by goat, I mean a literal goat, not G.O.A.T (greatest of all time). KL "Pan" Rahul.