Bumrah vs. Cummins in Tests

2 hours ago, kohli said:

Cummins also choked in 

champion trophy 2017

wc 2019 sf 

gabba test ( almost knockout for aus, like semifinal)

Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Cummins the LOI bowler is no match for Bumrah.

But he didnt choke.

He was average in the tourneys.

Dunno about his LOI career stats.

However Bumrah looks like a million bucks and then goes missing in crucial games.

Also Cummins took 4 wickets in gabba last innings I think..bumrah completely went missing in WTC finals and latter part of SA series.

Edited by sensible-indian
22 minutes ago, sensible-indian said:

But he didnt choke.

However Bumrah looks like a million bucks and then goes missing in crucial games.

Also Cummins took 4 wickets in gabba last innings I think..bumrah completely went missing in WTC finals and latter part of SA series.

He was back from injury. He never should have played. Siraj was In red hot form and dint get picked. 

He was poor in second test of s.africa tour. He did well in the other 2. Batting cost us. Not bowling. 

That's like saying why we dint win with fab 4 in Australia or s.africa even when we had the so called fab 4? 

Why we lost at home in 2004 to Australia? Why we drew 2 series vs s Africa at home even with so called fab 4? 

Bowlers can't carry deadwood. We had 3 deadwood and they cost us the game. 

Edited by Jay
37 minutes ago, Jay said:

He was back from injury. He never should have played. Siraj was In red hot form and dint get picked. 

He was poor in second test of s.africa tour. He did well in the other 2. Batting cost us. Not bowling. 

That's like saying why we dint win with fab 4 in Australia or s.africa even when we had the so called fab 4? 

Why we lost at home in 2004 to Australia? Why we drew 2 series vs s Africa at home even with so called fab 4? 

Bowlers can't carry deadwood. We had 3 deadwood and they cost us the game. 

Batting cost us SA series but that doesn't mean you as a bowler can go completely missing.

Express bowling mentioned some critical mistakes Bumrah made while bowling.

2 minutes ago, sensible-indian said:

Batting cost us SA series but that doesn't mean you as a bowler can go completely missing.

Express bowling mentioned some critical mistakes Bumrah made while bowling.

Agreed. He bowled like utter trash in that one game. When he is on he is unplayable. When he is off he is downright terrible. No in between with this guy rofl. That does crack me up at times. 

What I believe is this. Bumrah's peak ability when in form is higher than Cummins. Where Cummins is better is he is more consistent in maintaining his level of peak. Cummins doesn't have much off days. Well he does but he doesn't undeprform so terribly when he is off colour. 

When both are in form and firing, bumrah definitely is the more unplayable bowler. 

Can't go wrong with either bowler but I am quite happy with boom.

35 minutes ago, Jay said:

Agreed. He bowled like utter trash in that one game. When he is on he is unplayable. When he is off he is downright terrible. No in between with this guy rofl. That does crack me up at times. 

What I believe is this. Bumrah's peak ability when in form is higher than Cummins. Where Cummins is better is he is more consistent in maintaining his level of peak. Cummins doesn't have much off days. Well he does but he doesn't undeprform so terribly when he is off colour. 

When both are in form and firing, bumrah definitely is the more unplayable bowler. 

Can't go wrong with either bowler but I am quite happy with boom.

Absolutely. I feel the same way.

Cummins is marginally a better test bowler for me. Bumrah has a slight advantage that he can test rest from home tests whenever he wants so he keeps himself fresh which not all can afford.

But in LOIs, when you compare the two, Bumrah is one of the best while Cummins is just a very good LOI bowler( somewhat 7.5/10). Having said that, Bumrah has certainly lost the wicket taking ability he had till few years ago in LOIs. He was on the way for a 9.5/10 but now I might give him 9/10 in limited overs.

Edited by Majestic
10 hours ago, sensible-indian said:

But he didnt choke.

this choking tendency is part of a broader culture introduced in recent times.

5 hours ago, Majestic said:

Cummins is marginally a better test bowler for me. Bumrah has a slight advantage that he can test rest from home tests whenever he wants so he keeps himself fresh which not all can afford.

But in LOIs, when you compare the two, Bumrah is one of the best while Cummins is just a very good LOI bowler( somewhat 7.5/10). Having said that, Bumrah has certainly lost the wicket taking ability he had till few years ago in LOIs. He was on the way for a 9.5/10 but now I might give him 9/10 in limited overs.

I would give bumrah only a 7 in odi. Cummins maybe a 7 too. I think both lost wicket taking ability in odi. Boom better at death. That's about it. Boom should operate as first Change imo. 

In t20 yes Boom is better. 

In tests I give Boom a 9.5 and Cummins a 9. 

28 minutes ago, Vijy said:

this choking tendency is part of a broader culture introduced in recent times.

I blame the thevidiya kohli. 

Rohit I hope will bring the best out of him. He is a multiple time ipl winner with rohit. 

A player of bumrah deserves a world title. Would be unfair if a geuine ATG like him doesn't get a WC title in odi and a WTC. 

Althought he was part of the team that's ranked number 1 in tests for 5 years. So there is that. 

Incredible performance by Cummins. Seems to get better as the tests progress. India should make sure they bat him out of the game in the first 2 tests. Need to fatigue this guy in the hot sun. 

Respect. In saying that,India is nothing like Pakistan. Whole new ball game. Let's see. 

The next series will decide who is better. Is it bumrah or Cummins? I know whom I am backing. Sepoys know whom they are backing. Let's go. 

Can't wait. 

You call him a grand choker but what happened to Cummins vs India at gabba Sydney? What happened in England Headingly. What happend vs s.africa in 2018? 

They are both ATGs. Anyway next series will decide who is better.

Also don't forget, Australia have a good batting unit. On par if not better than ours for Aussie and saffer conditions. 

In Asia we are probably around even in batting. Maybe if we bring in new young studs over kohli and co we might have a better batting unit. 

None of their players have weaknesses vs bounce unlike say iyer in our team. Current kohli too. Mayank. 

14 hours ago, Jay said:

I would give bumrah only a 7 in odi. Cummins maybe a 7 too. I think both lost wicket taking ability in odi. Boom better at death. That's about it. Boom should operate as first Change imo. 

In t20 yes Boom is better. 

In tests I give Boom a 9.5 and Cummins a 9. 

Boom is still the best death over bowler even in ODIs, even on flattest wickets, he ends with spells like 1/45(10 overs) and that's why his economy is much better than his contemporaries in ODIs.

In Tests, Cummins is ahead because he is not just a lead bowler of his team but also a captain and has higher workload. Bumrah can afford to skip home games while Cummins plays all games. Look at the wicket tally for reference.

Edited by Majestic
13 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Boom is still the best death over bowler even in ODIs, even on flattest wickets, he ends with spells like 1/45(10 overs) and that's why his economy is much better than his contemporaries in ODIs.

In Tests, Cummins is ahead because he is not just a lead bowler of his team but also a captain and has higher workload. Bumrah can afford to skip home games while Cummins plays all games. Look at the wicket tally for reference.

Cummins has the e advantage of playing on bouncy springy beautiful wickets of Australia. 

India play on turners and low bouncy flat wickets which is bad for bowlers apart from reverse. 

Bumrah can pad up his stats too if be played in Australia as his home ground. Much harder to excel in India. He did do well vs lanka. So we shall wait and see how he goes vs australia 

Also isnt booms now VC? Or pant? I heard booms is getting ready to captain in the near future post rohitaa. 

And remember these are aandpaperboys. Cummins and co are not trustworthy. If they are randomly getting reverse then it needs to be investigated. Proven cheaters. 

Let's see. Cameras and angles will be much better in India. I hope we zoom in on Cummins and co. 

Even in 2017 they tried to cheat vs us. 

Edited by Jay