U19 World Cup Discussion

nsareen

3 hours ago, SRT100 said:

Correct.

Give me a highly skilled player with a good match temperament any day over a physically stronger player.

I think these kids could be something great, we need to really nurture and carefully develop this talent.

This team should be used to form the template for our 2027 World Cup team.

You then couple the u19 team with players like Pant, Kishan, Sundar, Prasidh, Bishnoi, Gaikwad to form the squad for the 2027 WC.

Have I missed out on anyone? Ideally we want the squad to have players definitely all well under 32 in a perfect world.

I would also like to see the BCCI richly reward any player that can play as the role of an all rounder so we can accommodate the most superior and intimidating batting lineup.

Ideally this team has players that can bat at 8 and 9 that can win us the game. Thats dangerous.

@Vijy@express bowling@raki05

yes, there are several others in the mix for 2027: Gill (consolidator), Karthik Tyagi, Mavi, etc... even outside possibilities like SRK and Sarfaraz depending on future trajectories.

9 hours ago, SRT100 said:

Yes, correct thats my point entirely.

Im not advocating at all that these kids become a body builder or bulky or huge (worst body types to compete in sports), weight training is not just about lifting weights, there is a physical and mental application, not to mention the discipline and "spiritual" aspect of training to deal with mental health issues.

I just cant believe the negative comments by one or two posters about weight training, it highlighted for me the foolishness and stupidity about not understanding the importance of weight training.

In essence a weight training program protects your body from injuries.

If anyone wants to see the physical difference in appearance of the u19 players, watch the India v Aust u19 semi final to get an idea. Some will argue that India had won and have been wining at this level for many years.

My response to this, is what have the Indian men won in ICC tournaments over the last 10 years.

Well the fitness level of SC players & overseas is always a big factor.  SC players have to rely heavily on skill to outmatch other sides especially SENA ones coz their fitness level are a tier above us.  We are behind the 8 ball as soon as the game starts to put it mildly. 

Team sports are a lot complex than individual sport.  Countries like China excel in individual sports but aren't as good in Team sports.  They have pumped great deal of money in sporting infrastructure even though right from schools & universities.  More than 90% of Indian kids don't have that. 

Economically South India or so there is some sort of sporting infrastructure available & also states are financially stable.  Corruption is also not as heavy as we see in North.   

Stronger/fitter kids don't have the means to opt for sports.  Financial condition are not great.  Army & defense is most prominent sector where these rural village kids go. 

That's the short summary of the difficulties Indian kids face when it comes to sports...  And this is not just limited to cricket. 

8 hours ago, Vijy said:

yes, there are several others in the mix for 2027: Gill (consolidator), Karthik Tyagi, Mavi, etc... even outside possibilities like SRK and Sarfaraz depending on future trajectories.

i would like to see both sarfraz and SRk come through. SRk has serious talent for LOI.

2 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Well the fitness level of SC players & overseas is always a big factor.  SC players have to rely heavily on skill to outmatch other sides especially SENA ones coz their fitness level are a tier above us.  We are behind the 8 ball as soon as the game starts to put it mildly. 

Team sports are a lot complex than individual sport.  Countries like China excel in individual sports but aren't as good in Team sports.  They have pumped great deal of money in sporting infrastructure even though right from schools & universities.  More than 90% of Indian kids don't have that. 

Economically South India or so there is some sort of sporting infrastructure available & also states are financially stable.  Corruption is also not as heavy as we see in North.   

Stronger/fitter kids don't have the means to opt for sports.  Financial condition are not great.  Army & defense is most prominent sector where these rural village kids go. 

That's the short summary of the difficulties Indian kids face when it comes to sports...  And this is not just limited to cricket. 

only in cricket. our fitness levels are top level in hockey, wrestling, boxing etc. Our poor standard of living is inhibiting the progress of young talents as most of them have very limited access to proper nutrition and training facilities. we are getting there slowly. we have improved so much in the olympics as seen last time. 

Only way is up from here. as our economy grows, inshallah we will get there. 

2 hours ago, Jay said:

dont forget nagarkoti had better performanes than shaheen. we all know how that turned out. 

The greater tragedy is Shaw and Gill are still finding their feet at top level. Shaheen was being smacked around by even guys like Anukul Roy in that match. 

The 2010 decade our U19 guys have had trouble making the leap to international level. 

3 hours ago, Forward Defence said:

The greater tragedy is Shaw and Gill are still finding their feet at top level. Shaheen was being smacked around by even guys like Anukul Roy in that match. 

The 2010 decade our U19 guys have had trouble making the leap to international level. 

Gill already played one of the most clutch Test innings. I don't mind about his failures in India. His overseas returns will improve with time.