Who are these foreign social media influencers who are pro or anti-India?

maniac

I am not talking about folks like Koenraad Elst and I am sure there are similar names like him.

Similarly I see this Srilankan guy  Daniel Alexander. I think he is just trolling Indians on SM. However for the most part keeps it to cricket from what I have seen.

However I see a lot of social media profiles  that have a blue tick that look like they are  run by some guy in Australia,US,Canada etc.

Most of these accounts are very vocal about things happening in India or Pakistan. They are blatantly pro or anti.

This is a pro-india one.

similarly here is an anti-india one

Just some examples

. Now you might know about some of them or know exactly what they do but I still can’t wrap my head around it.  

Do they speak up due to genuine interest in Indian affairs?

Are they paid by RAW/ISI etc?

Do they do that for the Socia media traffic from India like all those reaction videos?

I can’t imagine so many non subcontinent origin folk  taking so much interest in our affairs. The average educated foreigner  still asks me if I speak Hindu at home or other such ignorant questions.

Your  thoughts on who these people are because there seem to be a lot of such folk all over the internet ?

Before we feel validated that  these guys  are taking our side or rage that they are spewing venom, shouldn’t the question be what’s in it for you?

Edited by maniac

13 minutes ago, EnterTheVoid said:

How is Anti - Gambhir anti India?

Social media is such a toxic cesspit, avoid if it you can.

you misunderstood the context of my post. I am not pointing that specific tweet. Look at that guys profile, he has commented on some Indian political issues.

Even that is not the point. What I am saying is there are so many blue tick social media profiles that post more about India than their own country. Not just the negative ones but the ones that say good things about India all the time too. What’s the motive, are they fake, is it for money? Then it wouldn’t make sense for some of the accounts that talk negative. I am wondering how suddenly so many foreigners  who couldn’t   even name a state in India, all of a sudden become experts on Indian politics or pop culture.

I guess I summarized my entire post again  but much better this time :laugh1:

Edited by maniac

1 hour ago, maniac said:

you misunderstood the context of my post. I am not pointing that specific tweet. Look at that guys profile, he has commented on some Indian political issues.

Even that is not the point. What I am saying is there are so many blue tick social media profiles that post more about India than their own country. Not just the negative ones but the ones that say good things about India all the time too. What’s the motive, are they fake, is it for money? Then it wouldn’t make sense for some of the accounts that talk negative. I am wondering how suddenly so many foreigners  who couldn’t   even name a state in India, all of a sudden become experts on Indian politics or pop culture.

They are attention seekers. People talking about matters they have no knowledge in - e.g. Rhianna and the farmer protests. 

10 hours ago, maniac said:

If they post non-stop on twitter, they are suspect for being agents. They could be raw or isi but I would assume a lot are british, american and people from a country not to be named agents and their lackeys in canada, australia and new zealand. They are the ones that want global control and they want to control everything a human reads, sees and listens to. Wasn't the internet invented by american military? Why would they let go of their control over it.

There is no way an average american or an anglo who knows everything about Indian politics or norms. Only someone who has researched or fed researched info can do it. This happens only in intelligence agencies. Most people think of agents like james bond or mission impossible tom cruise but they could be just as boring as a Harvard or Oxford students. Wendy doniger studied in both and got degrees from both. She grew up as an agent provocateur spewing bile against India. There are agents who say good things about India as well. They are playing good cop bad cop on people. I'm not on twitter. I'm very happy that I don't indulge in that nonsense. Only time I see tweets are in ICF or other forums.

pro-india israeli guy ..

he is a big fan of modi ( and netanyahu ) 

even though he is pretty harsh on Palestinians/hamas ( expected ) , he hosted quite a few arab ambassadors in his YT channel ..

my view is rich arab countries ( + jordan ) dont care about Palestinian issues anymore 

22 minutes ago, velu said:

pro-india israeli guy ..

he is a big fan of modi ( and netanyahu ) 

even though he is pretty harsh on Palestinians/hamas ( expected ) , he hosted quite a few arab ambassadors in his YT channel ..

my view is rich arab countries ( + jordan ) dont care about Palestinian issues anymore 

I don't like that india and isreal are cooperating against corona. isreal has the most vaccinated rates and one of the highest number of cases. i don't want india to follow suit. as maniac mentioned, some of the SMIs post against us and some of them post favoring us. we shouldn't trust any of them. they could well be agents trying to shape our world view. for the most part isrealis appear to be favorable to india and bjp.

i happened to come across youtube videos more than 10 years ago where isreali tourists in india were creating a lot of ruckus. one of them said indians are just like arabs only non-violent. if you know how they view arabs, that is not a good sign. so take twitter twatter with a grain of salt. today's world is more sophisticated when it comes to intelligence and intrigue. dont fall for obvious traps. i would treat them the same way as padosi youtubers who are looking for ad money by praising india only in this case, its not money but shaping our minds.

27 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Martina Navratilova- Big time anti-Modi, darling of liberals 

John Cusack - tweets anti- BJP/RSS - bet he has no clue about RSS

They monetize their support , they get supporters and money from support

martina is a lesbo so obvious liberal bent. pretty much every movie actor and famous sportsstars are mostly liberal with only a few that are conservative. the other side is too much praise and indians are floored by such responses. megan fox tattoos om symbol and we make that headline news. everybody in india is tweeting. when sharapova asked who is sachin, we got angry and left salty comments on her twitter. we should not care what these people say about us. we should be more confident and assured of our self worth and not react

3 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Martina Navratilova- 

I used to be a fan :(( in fact rated her as the greatest tennis player male/female ever.

kind of like Bradwoman of Tennis.  

:wall: can’t these celebrity jokers stfu when it comes to politics, outside of their profession how are they more knowledgeable on politics leave alone world politics topic than an average joe on the street.

6 hours ago, maniac said:

I used to be a fan :(( in fact rated her as the greatest tennis player male/female ever.

kind of like Bradwoman of Tennis.  

:wall: can’t these celebrity jokers stfu when it comes to politics, outside of their profession how are they more knowledgeable on politics leave alone world politics topic than an average joe on the street.

Tennis is a sport you practice from way young and requires heavy investment in money and time as well. Poor and middle class children don't make it. Its for the rich and those with funding. A situation ripe to be exploited by agencies. She and many female tennis players were the lgbt torchbearers in the 80s. With her male like voice, I wouldn't put it past her to be a tranny as well. she even looks like an eastern european cher and we all know how manly cher's voice is. Ironically she has spoken against trans athletes trying to game the women's game. I say perfect cover for her :lol:

PS - If I had twitter, I would point out to her tranny traits when she comes after India :phehe:

Edited by Real McCoy

Why surprised @maniac?

We have 75cr+ people on the internet. And growing. There is a following to be cultivated, and money to be made. There are eyeballs to capture. There is also the uncomfortable truth that we Indians tend to take white/western people a lot more seriously, even when they may not have the necessary credentials. For a Western person of middling intellect, its so easy to make a sensational "review" of an Indian movie/political class/social problem and package it and present it back to us Indians. A lot easier than coming up with a serious study or an analysis which involves substantial time and effort.

Obviously, many of the people may even enjoy the said movies etc, but the ulterior motive here is to take sides (that guarantees a following) and thereby make money.

Indian govt has banned the following YouTube channels and YouTube has blocked 20 of these... Big win for the Indian government

Here is the list of the 35 YouTube channels that have been banned:

• Khabar with Facts

• Khabar Taiz

• Global Truth

• New Global Facts

• Information Hub

• Flash Now

• Faisal Tarar Speaks

• Apni Dunya TV

• Haqeekat ki Dunia

• Shahzad Abbas

• Mera Pakistan With Shahab