Cameron Green - Performance Watch

Nikola

Looks matured for his age. Has some technical flaws as batsman but as bowler he bowls around 140kph at consistent line and length. In this era having fast bowling all rounders is rare (specially someone who can bowl 135+ kph consistently). If he remains injury free he will have great career ahead. I feel he is better batsman than bowler and will peak as batsman with time. Seems good gully fielder as well. Already fan of this guy.

Edited by Nikola
1 hour ago, waga said:

to be fair Marcus Harris top scores in the sheffield shield every year and averages in the 20's after a lot of tests

I have sympathy for openers all around the world, i think it has become even more difficult job than before. Harris was hard done by in last test, he should have been retained in the XI.

In topic, Cam Green should get a hefty IPL contract, because seam bowling all rounders are highly attaractive assets.

Edited by SK_IH
7 hours ago, SK_IH said:

I have sympathy for openers all around the world, i think it has become even more difficult job than before. Harris was hard done by in last test, he should have been retained in the XI.

In topic, Cam Green should get a hefty IPL contract, because seam bowling all rounders are highly attaractive assets.

his game is not suited that much for LOIs as of now. he is already on the way to becoming a gun test player.

Edited by Vijy
6 hours ago, Lord said:

Hasn't played a Test outside Aus let alone in Asia yet is being hyped and rightly so.

Yet our own fans bash and write off Pant and Gill on slightest failures.

Pant is already being compared to gilly and ofcourse you will have people to criticize him for his failure specially when he throws it away. Gill has been disappointment. How come he gets injured so often? He missed England series and now SA series as well. At this age when you are being considered future star and you keep getting injured again and again. I will bet he will get fit to play IPL now.

13 minutes ago, Nikola said:

Pant is already being compared to gilly and ofcourse you will have people to criticize him for his failure specially when he throws it away. Gill has been disappointment. How come he gets injured so often? He missed England series and now SA series as well. At this age when you are being considered future star and you keep getting injured again and again. I will bet he will get fit to play IPL now.

he is a fragile kid. made of glass or porcelain. give him some leeway.

Won't look much into the performances against this England team. India didn't give a single wicket to him. This Burns,Crawely with awkward stances are getting out against him as if he was bowling thunderbolts... Even the Head,Khawaja are quite mediocre,scoring heaps of runs against this England side. This series' records should not be taken seriously much like Indian players' performances against SL...

6 minutes ago, daryl1985 said:

Looks a great prospect.

Bowls 135-140 - gets bounce, accurate and can bat.

At worst he can be in the XI as a bowling all-rounder and Australia can play a 6+5 combination.

Comes handy in Asia for them.  Superior to Mitch Marsh in every way.  They can drop a fast bowler & add a spinner or heck even extra batsman easily. 

Green would love touring both SA & England looks like with the ball.  He looks a great on backfoot uses his height nicely.  There are technical holes in his batting but he is a work in progress & rapidly improving thanks to Int'l cricket rather than domestics where he already smashed it 

On Mon Jan 17 2022 at 3:46 PM, Lord said:

Hasn't played a Test outside Aus let alone in Asia yet is being hyped and rightly so.

Yet our own fans bash and write off Pant and Gill on slightest failures.

I think Pant bashing can go overboard at times but it is also due to repeated failures of 345 that Pant more mostly arrives at a tough spot & when he fails its most likely over for us.  So bashing starts. 

Gill has only himself to blame.  Guy is struggling at home ffs where even guys like Iyer Mayank look like million dollars.  Sundar got dropped despite scoring fantastic couple of 50's & 90's vs England.  His turn around will only come if he starts batting in middle order but even here Iyer & Vihari seems like have surpassed him in pecking order. 

He has the potential to be an ATG allrounder. His bowling is terrific, probably even better than Kallis and as far as batting goes, he has stepped up a bit in recent innings and his FC batting average is over 50, so definitely has a lot of potential there. A fast bowling allrounder is invaluable.