IPL 2022 Mega Auction

zen

4 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

hain ?? bharat ?? how ??

Names who have an assured place in first XI go for high price............due to lack of keepers he my get a place but i doubt he is going at a high price 

He is an indian wk. We have only 4 who can hit out and is available for sale. Karthick Bana Bharat and Kishan.I m not considering 37 yr old saha.  Out of these DK is past tense DB is future.  If you watch his performance last year he won two matches single handedly and one on last ball hitting a six. He ll go for a huge amount. 

17 hours ago, arjwiz said:

What time does the auction end on the first day? And do we know roughly how the players are split across both days of the auction?

I'm trying to organise the weekend and to figure out the schedule a bit better.

Auction is expected to run for 7-8 hours on day 1 so if it starts at 12 pm, it is likely to end at 7-8 (maybe even 9) pm 

I posted a link to the order on this thread. On Day 1, you would have around 150-200 players auctioned. Day 2 is likely to have an accelerated auction 

Would not be a surprise if PK, with a budget of 72 cr and only 2 retained players, picks up 2-3 players from the 10 marquee players list in the opening round :hmmm: 

PK is expected to bid high on Kishan as well (esp. if it does not pick QdK)

Edited by zen

5 hours ago, zen said:

Would not be a surprise if PK, with a budget of 72 cr and only 2 retained players, picks up 2-3 players from the 10 marquee players list in the opening round :hmmm: 

PK is expected to bid high on Kishan as well (esp. if it does not pick QdK)

Agree.. They will go big on Kishan..   Maybe even Warner.. They can make Warner captain and open him with Mayank

KKR shud aim at 

• Deepak chahar or hazelwood- if they get early wkts batting in middle overs against narine-varun wud be very tough
  • johny bairstrow- wk-opening batsman, will be a great partner to venky
  • Kishen- he is the player that thinks on Bmac wavelength
  • Morgan- didnt perform with bat but for me a good captain is worth 2 player
Edited by Ankit_sharma03

Hopefully Punjab Kings get their combination & squads right with such a big purse.  Mayank is a ready made captain material.   Target Kishan & Mitchell Marsh.  Go for Hazlewood or Mark Wood in bowling.  Odean Smith.  Maybe Marco Jansen. 

From the U19 go for Raj Bawa. 

13 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Hopefully Punjab Kings get their combination & squads right with such a big purse.  Mayank is a ready made captain material.   Target Kishan & Mitchell Marsh.  Go for Hazlewood or Mark Wood in bowling.  Odean Smith.  Maybe Marco Jansen. 

Mayank is not a good captain though hes likely to lead

They can try to get Warner or Iyer else Mayank is there

1 hour ago, Lone Wolf said:

Punjab always has a big purse at the auction.. Barring the very first season, they have never got their combinations right