Tabraiz Shamsi - We outplayed them in foreign conditions

badmash

For the first time, this team looks pretty strong with their spin options.

Maharaj, Shamsi and Markram. Phehlukwayo bowls spin only at a faster speed. Then you add Rabada and Nortje. I think they have a good chance in subcontinent conditions. They have an able captain too and this team has seen tough phases so I won't take them lightly going into 2023 World Cup.

1 minute ago, SK_IH said:

Lol at SA, they should not sell themselves so short. They have started acting like minnows, it's your home guys, you thrashed India, enjoy it instead of aggrandising the achievement. 

They will realize bilateral wins mean nothing just like we realized. Australia lost 5 bilaterals in T20 and went on to win the world T20 like a boss.

5 minutes ago, Majestic said:

For the first time, this team looks pretty strong with their spin options.

Maharaj, Shamsi and Markram. Phehlukwayo bowls spin only at a faster speed. Then you add Rabada and Nortje. I think they have a good chance in subcontinent conditions. They have an able captain too and this team has seen tough phases so I won't take them lightly going into 2023 World Cup.

This Indian team can make any ordinary spinner look world class. Ajaz Patel picked a 10/10 and was not even picked in the very next test. Steve O'Keefe, Joe Root, leach have all looked world class against us.

To their credit, SA spinners did extract more out of the track than our useless spinners. The par score on the track was 265-270 but while bowling 1st, our toothless bowlers gave away 30 extra runs and while defending, they made 287 look 25-30 runs shot

2 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

They will realize bilateral wins mean nothing just like we realized. Australia lost 5 bilaterals in T20 and went on to win the world T20 like a boss.

Because they tried new players in those T20Is, not useless seniors like we did.

A team of rookies winning a series vs a near full strength Indian team is definitely an achievement as they rebuild their team.

1 minute ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Because they tried new players in those T20Is, not useless seniors like we did.

A team of rookies winning a series vs a near full strength Indian team is definitely an achievement as they rebuild their team.

Mitch Marsh sucked in most of the matches.  Guys like Marsh/Wade won the match for them. Not the super stars like Smith.  Infact Smith hurt them more. 

9 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

This Indian team can make any ordinary spinner look world class. Ajaz Patel picked a 10/10 and was not even picked in the very next test. Steve O'Keefe, Joe Root, leach have all looked world class against us.

To their credit, SA spinners did extract more out of the track than our useless spinners. The par score on the track was 265-270 but while bowling 1st, our toothless bowlers gave away 30 extra runs and while defending, they made 287 look 25-30 runs shot

i remember the 2007 world cup... vs SL.

Harbhajan was handled with ease by Chamara Silva and the other batter Tharanga or Dilshan or whoever.  Harbhajan 0/53

SRT, Dravid, Sehwag, Yuvraj , Dhoni were totally tied up by Murali and Jayasuriya. Murali 3/41 and Jaya 1/31  -  Ok SRT bowled for duck by Fernando.

Edited by AKane

See it is a myth that Indians play spin well. 

Indians played Warne well.

I have seen Indians dance to Gibbs and Underwood in India.

I have seen Indians lose a match/series to Iqbal Qasim and Abdul Qadeer in India.

I have seen Indians lose a series to Moeen and Rashid in India.

etc.

Indians have played Warne well. That is it.

Edited by AKane
2 minutes ago, AKane said:

i remember the 2007 world cup... vs SL.

Harbhajan was handled with ease by Chamara Silva and the other batter Tharanga or Dilshan or whoever.  Harbhajan 0/53

SRT, Dravid, Sehwag, Yuvraj , Dhoni were totally tied up by Murali and Jayasuriya. Murali 3/41 and Jaya 1/31  -  Ok SRT bowled for duck by Fernando.

We were worse against Bangladesh.  

1 minute ago, AKane said:

I have seen Indians lose a match/series to Iqbal Qasim and Abdul Qadeer in India.

I have seen Indians lose a series to Moeen and Rashid in India.

etc.

It is not a myth. Guys like Kapil, Sidhu, Azharuddin, Tendulkar, Ganguly were pretty good. Boss of all is Sehwag. He absolutely thrashed guys like Saqlain, Murali, Warne, Herath.  Gambhir was also good against spin.  

Indians are not expert at sweep shots.  Rohit does occasionally. They don't step out freely. Kohli very early in his career used to step out every single ball. Even against chuckmal and middled almost every time.  Nowadays they are crease bound. Pant is the only one who boldly steps out. Not surprisingly he is the one who does better against spin.

2 minutes ago, AKane said:

I have seen Indians lose a series to Moeen and Rashid.

etc.

Wow! That covers nearly 5 decades of cricket. :hatsoff: 

23 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

And that is exactly why I am a bit worried about India's chances in 2013 World Cup. This Indian team is not good vs spin.

8 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Despite failures i would back Venky. He is a slow starter. He picks up pace once he is in. He is not like Raina or DK.  He can smash spinners.

yeah I think at this point the team is broken down on this tour.

Besides the fact that the older players have been found out - no judgement should be rendered to newcomers as this team is now adrift. Started with Kohli/Rohit as captain then Rohit did his thing then Kohli did his things <plural> - now Rahul doing whatever he does. It is all a mess.