#HijabRow in Karnataka Schools - where do you stand?

Austin 3:!6

What's your stand on hijab row?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What's your stand on hijab row?

• Hijab should be banned from all govt schools. Govt should enforce this.
    • Hijab or any religious attire should be allowed in all govt schools in India. Govt should enforce this
    • Status quo should be maintained. If it's allowed, let it remain so. If it's banned, don't allow it. Let schools decide it.

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

For progressive Muslims, it’s all a game

I am afraid that the Right Wing of India has "cornered" the Secularists to such an extent, that they are compelled to join the Muslim ranks. 

A wise move is not to polarize the society to such an extent, to keep at least one door open to reconcile and to attract the others towards your platform. Unfortunately, the right wing often shows very rigid behaviour and does not show the ability to unite the different elements of the society. 

It may be that BJP is winning, but the extremist behaviour is automatically strengthening the Fanatic Mullahs too, while even Shahrukh Khan and Shabana Azmi and Javed Akhtar are pushed towards the Muslim right. Even the Hindu Secularists are pushed towards the Muslim right due to this rigid behaviour. 

In an ideal situation, Secularists should be criticizing Islam and protesting to liberate the Muslim woman (as the Liberals/Secularists do it in Pakistan). 

25 minutes ago, Alam_dar said:

I am afraid that the Right Wing of India has "cornered" the Secularists to such an extent, that they are compelled to join the Muslim ranks. 

I disagree. Common sense should prevail else what’s the point of all the education. In the name of religious sentiment. If set of student come up with Shani ke Sasha chal Rahi ha math board exam should only start after 4.54pm the same “cornered" Secularists would throw a fit. 

3 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Parents should not even tell them who their parents are, otherwise they will come to know their identity. They should all be like manufactured units with all having the same ideology .

Education should not include History because then they pick sides and start hating others. That will poison their minds with bias and bigotry.

They should certainly not be taught politics, as they will learn to choose good over evil, as sometimes there are necessary evils.

No philosophy, science theories, biology that can be explained by theories like evolution. Only teach them how to count and avoid all critical thinking. Otherwise , they will end up as RW trolls in life, 

Lol man I never said parents don’t have to teach anything, I am just saying teaching religion is useless. Whatever you said here can be taught to children without bringing in religion.  

2 hours ago, Alam_dar said:

This is 100% true for us (the Pakistani atheists) too. 

I am the only Pakistani atheist who is present here, rest 99.99% of Pakistani atheists are busy in criticizing Islam. 

And  the biggest objection by Pakistani Muslims is also the same, where they are always asking: "Why Only Islam? Why do you (i.e. the Pakistani atheists) don't condemn Christianity and Hinduism etc. ?". 

Seems right wing extremists are same in every country. :phehe:

3 hours ago, Alam_dar said:

A wise move is not to polarize the society to such an extent, to keep at least one door open to reconcile and to attract the others towards your platform. Unfortunately, the right wing often shows very rigid behaviour and does not show the ability to unite the different elements of the society. 

It may be that BJP is winning, but the extremist behaviour is automatically strengthening the Fanatic Mullahs too, while even Shahrukh Khan and Shabana Azmi and Javed Akhtar are pushed towards the Muslim right. Even the Hindu Secularists are pushed towards the Muslim right due to this rigid behaviour. 

In an ideal situation, Secularists should be criticizing Islam and protesting to liberate the Muslim woman (as the Liberals/Secularists do it in Pakistan). 

Yeah right! It is always the others that have to accommodate.Unke Khud ke akal nahin hain kya? They can filter out the bad elements of their religion and fight it out. Dharmic ppl are losing patience with moderates. They keep trolling like Javed and Azmi. Shabana has all the gumption to criticize Hindu festivals etc., why didn’t she speak out about hijab oppression, but choose to needle nationalism.

As rightly said, moderates are the grass swamps behind which the radical Islamic tigers hide looking for the next prey. 

In Indian contexts Hindus are not RW. Islamists and Arheists are the ideal RW fundoos. They don’t tolerate anybody else other than their faith. 

Edited by coffee_rules

Yeah right! It is always the others that have to accommodate.Unke Khud ke akal nahin hain kya? They can filter out the bad elements of their religion and fight it out. Dharmic ppl are losing patience with moderates. They keep trolling like Javed and Azmi. Shabana has all the gumption to criticize Hindu festivals etc., why didn’t she speak out about hijab oppression, but choose to needle nationalism.

As rightly said, moderates are the grass swamps behind which the radical Islamic tigers hide looking for the next prey. 

In Indian contexts Hindus are not RW. Islamists and Arheists are the ideal RW fundoos. They don’t tolerate anybody else other than their faith. 
He's has no clue what he's talking about

14 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Yes, only Muslims have to be cajoled, handled with kid gloves and coaxed into reform, for the rest it can be forced by law. Otherwise, they blow themselves and others up. Rest are saying , enough is enough

except isolated incidents, there is no data to indicate that Indian Muslims blow themselves when challenged. Infact, the crimes and murders committed due to caste issues would be much more than Hindu - Muslim crime numbers in India.

As I keep repeating in this forum, ICFers clearly have an inherent bias, not willing to acknowledge their issues and at the same time demonising other religions. With absolutely no data to back it up. 

13 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

I take it serious to read the "arguments" of others with open mind and ponder upon them, before coming to any conclusion. 

You wrote:

They are doing it so their children can be useful individuals to the society after they are gone. 

I don't know how brainwashing the children to believe in the religious stories is going to help the children to become a useful individuals of the society? 

Parents should not even tell them who their parents are, otherwise they will come to know their identity. They should all be like manufactured units with all having the same ideology .

Their identity is only being a "Human Being". While brainwashing them to have an identity of Muslim, Hindu, Christian is like to making them in the manufactured units of these religions. 

A manufactured unit is un

able to go against the wishes of it's manufacturer. 

While we are against manufacturing, but to give them the freedom to make their own choice after becoming the adults on the bases of arguments, logic and rationale. 

Education should not include History because then they pick sides and start hating others. That will poison their minds with bias and bigotry.

History is already taught in the Secular European schools to the children, but without any bias and bigotry. 

While history is indeed taught by the religious people with bias and bigotry against the others. It is less of history, and more of religious brainwashing, with the aim to turn them into the manufacturing unit with that particular ideology of their parents. 

No philosophy, science theories, biology that can be explained by theories like evolution. Only teach them how to count and avoid all critical thinking. Otherwise , they will end up as RW trolls in life, 

It is totally the opposite. All the western schools teach children philosophy and scientific theories and biology. 

And it it again totally the opposite, the whole education is based upon the aim to support the children to learn to do the "critical thinking" at their own. 

The religious education(/brainwashing) turn the children only into "Zombies", with ZERO ability of any critical thinking. 

9 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Wisdom my brother !!! Wisdom!!!

What we learn is this that nobody (neither liberals nor Muslims) showed any objection upon the ruling of the Kerala high court. But as soon as "Jai Sri Ram" is involved, then we see the "reaction", where even those Muslim girls are taking Hijab now as protest, who didn't take it previously. 

My Final take on this -

If you want to ban Hijab cause it is a patriarchal practice, then be prepared to accept the ban of mangalsutra, karva chauth etc. I support banning all.

If you don’t care about Hijab , but don’t want to wear in schools, be prepared to accept ban of all religious markers in schools. Don’t try to be smart and say that Caste threads are only in hands and it does not interfere with uniform. As I said, there are customs like Ayyapa maalai, a student wears a black towel with no slippers. It is allowed in all schools.

I support banning all markers in schools, but since it is a very slippery slope and the list of items to be banned is long, I would say for now just allow both Hijab and the saffron shawl. Hindus would anyways get tired of it and stop wearing it after a month or so. Just have to wait this out 

12 minutes ago, ash said:

My Final take on this -

If you want to ban Hijab cause it is a patriarchal practice, then be prepared to accept the ban of mangalsutra, karva chauth etc. I support banning all.

If you don’t care about Hijab , but don’t want to wear in schools, be prepared to accept ban of all religious markers in schools. Don’t try to be smart and say that Caste threads are only in hands and it does not interfere with uniform. As I said, there are customs like Ayyapa maalai, a student wears a black towel with no slippers. It is allowed in all schools.

I support banning all markers in schools, but since it is a very slippery slope and the list of items to be banned is long, I would say for now just allow both Hijab and the saffron shawl. Hindus would anyways get tired of it and stop wearing it after a month or so. Just have to wait this out 

Kuchh bhi?

Which school students wear mangal sutra and does karva chauth?

No one is demanding a ban on hijab, please stop that propaganda.

9 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

Kuchh bhi?

Which school students wear mangal sutra and does karva chauth?

No one is demanding a ban on hijab, please stop that propaganda.

My first point was not for schools, it is a general point for ppl who want a blanket ban on hijabs. 

Go back 5-6 pages man, there was a post about how we are doing a great disservice to Indian women by not banning Hijab.

1 hour ago, ash said:

except isolated incidents, there is no data to indicate that Indian Muslims blow themselves when challenged. Infact, the crimes and murders committed due to caste issues would be much more than Hindu - Muslim crime numbers in India.

As I keep repeating in this forum, ICFers clearly have an inherent bias, not willing to acknowledge their issues and at the same time demonising other religions. With absolutely no data to back it up. 

Please share link based on which above was claimed 

7 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Please share link based on which above was claimed 

Crimes against SC in 2017 - 43203 - Source - NCRB

https://ncrb.gov.in/sites/default/files/crime_in_india_table_additional_table_chapter_reports/Table 7A.1_2.pdf

Communal clashes in 2017  - 822 

https://www.indiatoday.in/pti-feed/story/111-people-killed-in-822-communal-violence-incidents-in-2017-mha-1295628-2018-07-25

7 minutes ago, ash said:

any segregation community wise who committed these crimes against SC 

1 hour ago, ash said:

My first point was not for schools, it is a general point for ppl who want a blanket ban on hijabs. 

Go back 5-6 pages man, there was a post about how we are doing a great disservice to Indian women by not banning Hijab.

Who are these people demanding blanket ban on hijab? 

First leftist spread the propaganda that Indian govt has banned hijab in all schools and now next propaganda is that people are demanding blanket ban on hijab.