BREAKING Australia cricket legend, Shane Warne, dies of ‘suspected heart attack’, aged 52.

RIP. One of my childhood heros. Pure theatre and drama with the way he had us hooked on the game. Still processing typing this in past tense. 
If it was spin bowling in any team, everyone growing up wanted to bowl leg spin.  I try my arm even now with his action with no success. Amazing impact. Condolences to his family, friend and fans. #legend

just watched gavaskar speaking alongside gideon haigh on india today - oh my god! goes into excruciating detail to say why murali and indian spinners were better than shane. he has every right to think that murali was better, but not now sunny not now

Leg spin is much tougher art to master. Warne averaged better than Muralidaran in india so is he judging by performance of Muralidaran at home on those pitches which assists finger spinner vs warne bowling on australian pitches.

1 hour ago, goose said:

just watched gavaskar speaking alongside gideon haigh on india today - oh my god! goes into excruciating detail to say why murali and indian spinners were better than shane. he has every right to think that murali was better, but not now sunny not now

Why not? So if a person is dead we must call him greatest just for respect of the dead? He does not believe he was the greatest and he was asked in ver exact term whether Warne is the greatest spinner ever. Why should he lie if he has different opinion? He also praised Warne a lot in rest of the discussion.

4 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Why not? So if a person is dead we must call him greatest just for respect of the dead? He does not believe he was the greatest and he was asked in ver exact term whether Warne is the greatest spinner ever. Why should he lie if he has different opinion? He also praised Warne a lot in rest of the discussion.

if he had said something like 'i actually think murali was better...' and left it there that would be absolutely fine by me. it was the next few minutes setting out Warne's failings in minute detail.