Is Dinesh Karthik the best T20 finisher that India is looking for

Dinesh Karthik as a T20 finisher  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Is DK the best T20I finisher that India got?

• Yes, he is and should be in playing XI
    • No, there are much better alternatives
    • He is good but he does not add up to the team composition

33 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Yes as soon as the rule was changed this was the match that came to my mind. 

Re-watching it, I feel like DK trusted VS too much in the last 2 overs. There was even a ball where he was willing to run 2 following a VS shot that left me shaking my head. Luckily the run was not on.

DK has become a good finisher coz he learnt it by watching the overseas finishers.. not the MSD template which works once in a bluemoon at international level and that too against minnows/ tier 2 teams.. you need to be a 360 player if you are not built like a bull. Period.

3 hours ago, Vk1 said:

DK has become a good finisher coz he learnt it by watching the overseas finishers.. not the MSD template which works once in a bluemoon at international level and that too against minnows/ tier 2 teams.. you need to be a 360 player if you are not built like a bull. Period.

he was always good , he was always 360. I have seen him switch hit sixes to ajanata mendis in CL game back in 2008-10 

he was guy who finished the 1st t20i we ever played. Its just that we didnt explore much with 2 guys DK n Uthappa 

2 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

he was always good , he was always 360. I have seen him switch hit sixes to ajanata mendis in CL game back in 2008-10 

he was guy who finished the 1st t20i we ever played. Its just that we didnt explore much with 2 guys DK n Uthappa 

are these stats from IPL?

2 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

yes.. I am referring to his golden period in last 5 years built on strong base and hitting 360 with help from personal coach Abhishek Nayar.  

7 minutes ago, Vk1 said:

yes.. I am referring to his golden period in last 5 years built on strong base and hitting 360 with help from personal coach Abhishek Nayar.  

nayar seems to be a good personal coach. have read other anecdotes of him helping people. likewise amre for tests.

13 hours ago, Vk1 said:

He is an effective user of the crease to get himself into position.   Somewhat like Dilshan when he was at his best. Can play shots with confidence.