Tilak Verma has a certain “IT” factor.

maniac

On 4/25/2022 at 6:01 PM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

so i didnt say he is bad

All im saying he has issue and he ll be inconsistent such is his game. Trust me when he fails u guys only will abuse him not understanding that it his part of the game. I said same about venky n srk that dont hype them at the end they are limited in their own way. But Higher expecation means higher disappointment , ill rather have expectation from someone like brevis , gill, pant who posses so much quality that im sure they will come out of their struggles.  Unless u think Tilak is that special talent then its different case, Im not on that train that he is that special which is why i have my doubts. But im saying he has qualitiies and will have a very decent IPL career by the end 

Sundar skill wise for tests is the best I have seen in a long time. Unreal talent. You can just tell sometimes when you see greatness. If he stays injury free, God forbid, he is a truly special special talent. Way better than this brevis krevis bullshit 

On 4/24/2022 at 11:19 PM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

he is quite poor against short ball 

And his problems are not limited to this. He gets rushed by even medium pacers unless it's pitched up. BOL problems is hardest to correct. On the flip side, I believe he has the potential to be a Tripathi like spin basher, zero difficulties against any style of spin, yet to see him facing Kuldeep though.

3 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

I'm just glad a young left hander is doing well. In recent times, Indian LOI cricket has had too many options missing - left handers, middle order spin hitters, left arm seamers, durable high pace options, high quality legspinner.  

They are missing by choice. When BCCI have created a setup protecting the incumbents such as KL Rahul, Yuzi Chahal trumping merit and performance over so called speculative potential which produces 1 performance in an year, this is what happens.

Come world cup, Rohit who is past his sell by date will play, KL who is good for indoor cricket will play , SKY will likely play even if he is in off form and misfit in ODI , Chahal will play and god forbid some like Harshal Patel or Bhuvaneshwar Kumar who are really low grade all rounders will get a backup role to Pandya who himself sets a pretty average bar.

5 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

I'm just glad a young left hander is doing well. In recent times, Indian LOI cricket has had too many options missing - left handers, middle order spin hitters, left arm seamers, durable high pace options, high quality legspinner.  

India rarely produced quality left handers & wrist spinners.  Even left arm quick bowlers.  

Not much cricket infrastructure in non metro cities back then probably. 

1 hour ago, RajBan said:

They are missing by choice. When BCCI have created a setup protecting the incumbents such as KL Rahul, Yuzi Chahal trumping merit and performance over so called speculative potential which produces 1 performance in an year, this is what happens.

Come world cup, Rohit who is past his sell by date will play, KL who is good for indoor cricket will play , SKY will likely play even if he is in off form and misfit in ODI , Chahal will play and god forbid some like Harshal Patel or Bhuvaneshwar Kumar who are really low grade all rounders will get a backup role to Pandya who himself sets a pretty average bar.

The problem imo is 2 fold. First of all,  if you pick an IT20 side based on IPL, then there is no Indian batter better than KL over the past 3 seasons(2020, 2021, 2022) and Chahal is the best Indian spinner over this period as well. They have solid numbers and have been quite impactful .

Problem arises when you select the likes of Kohli, Bhuvaneshwar, Ashwin , Rohit etc despite not being among the top performers in IPL over this period and select them for their supposed international pedigree.  

This gives the impression that the IPL itself is not rated that highly by selectors and this poses a selection dilemma.

I can understand if a World T20 is held in very different conditions, but even when World T20 was held in India in 2016, Rahane flopped despite being the best Indian batter in the previous IPL. 

And there are similar examples of that.  KL  in 2021 is another.  

I think the hype for IPL must stop. Some of the best players in the IPL over the years were the likes of Sandeep Sharma, Bhuvaneshwar Kumar, Amit Mishra, Piyush Chawla etc.  

None of these guys ever delivered at the highest level.  So I think it's OK to either conclude that

1. The myth that high pressure IPL performances translates well to performances for India is a busted flush

OR

2. There just isn't as much elite domestic talent to fill up 8/10 teams especially when it comes to durable high pace options or power hitters etc. 

On 4/12/2023 at 11:21 AM, Nikhil_cric said:

The problem imo is 2 fold. First of all,  if you pick an IT20 side based on IPL, then there is no Indian batter better than KL over the past 3 seasons(2020, 2021, 2022) and Chahal is the best Indian spinner over this period as well. They have solid numbers and have been quite impactful .

Problem arises when you select the likes of Kohli, Bhuvaneshwar, Ashwin , Rohit etc despite not being among the top performers in IPL over this period and select them for their supposed international pedigree.  

This gives the impression that the IPL itself is not rated that highly by selectors and this poses a selection dilemma.

I can understand if a World T20 is held in very different conditions, but even when World T20 was held in India in 2016, Rahane flopped despite being the best Indian batter in the previous IPL. 

And there are similar examples of that.  KL  in 2021 is another.  

I think the hype for IPL must stop. Some of the best players in the IPL over the years were the likes of Sandeep Sharma, Bhuvaneshwar Kumar, Amit Mishra, Piyush Chawla etc.  

None of these guys ever delivered at the highest level.  So I think it's OK to either conclude that

1. The myth that high pressure IPL performances translates well to performances for India is a busted flush

OR

2. There just isn't as much elite domestic talent to fill up 8/10 teams especially when it comes to durable high pace options or power hitters etc. 

Plus just like domestic cricket many tigers in IPL will invariably fail to excel at international cricket because pressure is intense and conditions can be different 

5 hours ago, Throwaib_Chuckter said:

I'm happy with what I have seen so far in home conditions. He has held together the MI middle in almost every game so far.

Chuckte Raho

TC

he has done enough to push for selection in LOI formats; nearly getting there