Sushant Mishra added to Sunrisers Hyderabad squad as replacement for Saurabh Dubey

Ankit_sharma03

2 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

Even Akash Singh was also good in that U-19 WC, though he was lil slower than Kartik and Sushant, but he did touch 138-139k many times. Had an aggressive mentality as well.
Akash, Sushant, Mohsin, Khaleel, Yash -> We do have left arm fast bowlers apart from Natarajan and Unadkut :hysterical:

yes, many of the ones you named are quick. nattu is fast-medium and unadcutter is slow-medium

9 hours ago, Vijy said:

that is quite tall. can't think of too many indian bowlers in that height range. Prince is one of them, I guess

Agreed. I have seen many 6'2- 6'4 ish guys in ranji but very rarely have I seen 6'5 and above. 

Shield cricket in Australia, freaking all the bloody lead bowlers are 6'3-6'7. Trent Copeland is freaking 6'6. Hazlwood 6'5. Stanlake 6'7.  Although recently I have seen a lot of shorites too in shield.  

When I played grade cricket, tallest guy I encountered was actually an Indian. Punjabi lad. 6'7. Like guindhar sandhu. Big guy. His bounce was awkward as but he was slow so easy to play cut shots. 

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Agreed. I have seen many 6'2- 6'4 ish guys in ranji but very rarely have I seen 6'5 and above. 

Shield cricket in Australia, freaking all the bloody lead bowlers are 6'3-6'7. Trent Copeland is freaking 6'6. Hazlwood 6'5. Stanlake 6'7.  Although recently I have seen a lot of shorites too in shield.  

When I played grade cricket, tallest guy I encountered was actually an Indian. Punjabi lad. 6'7. Like guindhar sandhu. Big guy. His bounce was awkward as but he was slow so easy to play cut shots. 

we should ideally find at least one bowler of 6'5, 6'6 or higher who can consistently bowl in 135-140 kph range (at min) and get big bounce

28 minutes ago, Vijy said:

we should ideally find at least one bowler of 6'5, 6'6 or higher who can consistently bowl in 135-140 kph range (at min) and get big bounce

Prince Badiani is 6'6 but lacks pace at this point. Divyanshu Singh is 6'6 too and he looks more athletic and pacy. Divij Mehra from Delhi is 6'5, can bat too. There is one Rahul Nain from Delhi 6'6. Yatin Mangwani from Maharashtra is 6'4".

6 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Prince Badiani is 6'6 but lacks pace at this point. Divyanshu Singh is 6'6 too and he looks more athletic and pacy. Divij Mehra from Delhi is 6'5, can bat too. There is one Rahul Nain from Delhi 6'6. Yatin Mangwani from Maharashtra is 6'4".

I recall you posting videos of most of them, although I don't remember seeing Rahul Nain... might have missed it

Edited by Vijy

On 5/6/2022 at 7:15 AM, Vijy said:

We have one In the test squad still who is just about on the verge of being put out to pasture but he rarely if ever bowled as if he was that tall. 

On 5/6/2022 at 7:15 AM, Vijy said:

More than the exact height, it's important that we pick a couple of bounce bowlers who are tall too and can bowl 140 k+.

Prasidh

Khaleel

Mohsin

These 3 are our best bounce bowlers with pace.

Prasidh at 6'3" gets far steeper bounce than Ishant 6'5" or Pankaj Singh 6'6".  Srinath at 6'3" got more bounce than many 6'5" pacers too.

On 5/7/2022 at 11:52 PM, express bowling said:

More than the exact height, it's important that we pick a couple of bounce bowlers who are tall too and can bowl 140 k+.

Prasidh

Khaleel

Mohsin

These 3 are our best bounce bowlers with pace.

Prasidh at 6'3" gets far steeper bounce than Ishant 6'5" or Pankaj Singh 6'6".  Srinath at 6'3" got more bounce than many 6'5" pacers too.

Agree that height is not everything. but the big trampoline bounce that I saw from most pacers historically was from those who were 6'5 to 6'7 and more. I wish we can unearth a bowler like peak ambrose - a frightening prospect on most pitches

Edited by Vijy

8 minutes ago, Vijy said:

Agree that height is not everything. but the big trampolile bounce that I saw from most pacers historically was from those who were 6'5 to 6'7 and more. I wish we can unearth a bowler like peak ambrose - a frightening prospect on most pitches

Don't think it's going to happen., All those extremely 6'6 cricketers except Irfan were from tall current. That's equivalent of finding 6'2" in India, not common but possible. 6 must be average height of West Indian cricketers, English-Aus-NZ are some of the tallest countries in the world. 

1 minute ago, Chakdephatte said:

Don't think it's going to happen., All those extremely 6'6 cricketers except Irfan were from tall current. That's equivalent of finding 6'2" in India, not common but possible. 6 must be average height of West Indian cricketers, English-Aus-NZ are some of the tallest countries in the world. 

I agree it's unlikely but with 1.4 billion people, some good scouting might unearth raw talent. we have had bowlers at 6'5 but they were not bounce bowlers. and we have likes of prasidh (and to lesser extent srinath) who are bounce bowlers but are not overly tall.

most non-SC teams in the world seem to have at least one fairly tall bowler, although not always a bounce bowler.

11 minutes ago, Vijy said:

Agree that height is not everything. but the big trampolile bounce that I saw from most pacers historically was from those who were 6'5 to 6'7 and more. I wish we can unearth a bowler like peak ambrose - a frightening prospect on most pitches

I think a minimum height of 6'2" is needed to get steep bounce consistently. 

While Ambrose and Walsh, at 6'7" and 6'6", got very steep bounce, Indians near that height like Ishant or Pankaj Singh, did not really get similar bounce.

In fact some of our bounciest pacers, Srinath, Prasidh etc. are all 6'3".

I would love it if we get a really bouncy 6'6"+ pacer though ... but in the absence of that, steep bounce from 6'3" pacers is our best way out.

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

I think a minimum height of 6'2" is needed to get steep bounce consistently. 

While Ambrose and Walsh, at 6'7" and 6'6", got very steep bounce, Indians near that height like Ishant or Pankaj Singh, did not really get similar bounce.

In fact some of our bounciest pacers, Srinath, Prasidh etc. are all 6'3".

I would love it if we get a really bouncy 6'6"+ pacer though ... but in the absence of that, steep bounce from 6'3" pacers is our best way out.

agree with all of the above. prasidh is our best bet for now.

I just hope, however, that more indians will be inspired to take up genuine pace bowling and eventually someone will emerge who is 6'5 and a genuine bounce bowler.