Most Worthless Player of IPL 2022

Texan

Who is the most worthless player of IPL 2022?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the most worthless player of IPL 2022?

• Rohit Sharma
    • Virat Kohli
    • Ishan Kishan
    • Kieron Pollard
    • Kane Williamson
    • Ravindra Jadeja
    • Shahrukh Khan
    • Mayank Agarwal
    • Mohammed Siraj
    • Varun Chakravarthy
    • Venkatesh Iyer

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/30/2022 at 03:00 PM

It was a tight contest this time, with Kohli and Rohit tied on 7 votes and Kane Williamson just behind on 6 votes. But with one casting vote by yours truly, the winner is:

Rohit Sharma

Rohit-Sharma-Funny-Face-at-The-Press-Con

===

ORIGINAL OP:

It's that time of the year!!! With the playoffs close to completion, it is time to pick the most worthless player of IPL 2022. This will be our 11th consecutive year for this thread theme. :icflove:

Here are winners from prior years:

2021: Nicholas Pooran

2020: MS Dhoni

2019: Yusuf Pathan

2018: Glen Maxwell

2017: Shane Watson

2016: David Miller

2015: Yuvraj Singh

2014: Chris Gayle

2013: Kumara Sangakkara

2012: Yusuf Pathan

*REMEMBER*

The most worthless player is a player who is earning big bucks, but performing miserably poorly. The more the bucks and the poorer the performance, the more worthless they are.

P.S. If you think that I missed someone, let me know and I will evaluate and determine if we need to add them to the poll.

Edited by Texan

The highest paid ones on the list are Rohit & Jadeja (16 cr each). 

Voted for Rohit as he not only performed poorly, but also messed up MI's playing 11, while taking some weird decisions such as opening the bowling with Tilak, bowling Unadkat to Dhoni in the last over, and so on  ... On the other hand, Jadeja realized he wasn't performing well and proactively gave up the captaincy so some credit to him for that (now out of the tournament too)

@SeasonedIPLer

Edited by zen

For reference, salary list in cr from the top of the mind recall: 

16: Rohit & Jadeja

15.25: Kishan

15: Kohli

14: KW 

12: Agarwal

09: SRK

08: Varun C

07: Siraj

06: Pollard

Edited by zen

1 hour ago, The Realist said:

Fake captain Jadeja

Kohli's Korpse

Rohit's Belly

All have to be the front-runners.Maybe they can share the award in a three-way this year.

these three are going to be in the playing XI in wt20... Imagine that.. :((

37 minutes ago, Texan said:

I did think seriously about it. His 5-fer in the last game saved him a bit. If it is someone from MI, I feel that Rohit, Ishan and Pollard were worse.

1 5-er in 11 games should not change things and that too when neither did it come in an important game nor did it help his side win ... Good performance though 

There are bigger fish to fry but there are bowlers on the list whose salaries are in 7-8 cr range, Bumrah's higher by at least 50% 

Pollard's salary is 6 cr, which is 2 cr more than an uncapped retained/drafted player (and this guy has played for MI for a long time)

Edited by zen

Kohli took a few catches. That is his only contribution other than jumping up and down.  Jaddu as a captain one can be forgiving given that this is his first season and also CSK lost a few valuable players. But as a player he didn't show up in any department. My vote goes to Kane. . Captain Kane with a sub 100 strike rate botched up SRH chances big time both with captaincy and batting.

4 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Kohli took a few catches. That is his only contribution other than jumping up and down.  Jaddu as a captain one can be forgiving given that this is his first season and also CSK lost a few valuable players. But as a player he didn't show up in any department. My vote goes to Kane. . Captain Kane with a sub 100 strike rate botched up SRH chances big time both with captaincy and batting.

Your first year point would make sense if Jadeja was a youngster. The guy is 33 and at prime and a senior member, if you can't captain now you will never.

9 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Your first year point would make sense if Jadeja was a youngster. The guy is 33 and at prime and a senior member, if you can't captain now you will never.

Since Warnie days it is well known that he always likes to be a follower. I have never seen him exchanging ideas with captain when the game is in a critical situation. Never led any side at any level. He was given purely based on experience given that there was no Raina. Never gave a vibe that he could be a decent captain. So whoever that made this call has to be blamed.

3 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

And Kane kept opening the innings. Should drop himself out.

Jadeja. Got hired for massive salary, was informed about captaincy a month or two before the news was made public, and choked like the chicken that he is. Ran away from captaincy mid season like a coward, handing it back to Dhoni as if he were returning an umbrella that he had borrowed from him. And to top it all, ran away from the IPL itself under the guise of injury. The idiots who hired him at a massive sum must be fired as well. Jaddu is never a match winner, he only does well for himself by scoring pressure free runs and hiding from bowling duty in power play.

4 hours ago, Throwaib_Chuckter said:

For as much as I dislike this foggy & listless walking-billboard version of Kohli with his Woketay Raho cr@p.

Sharma ji ka beta has been an utter disappointment on all fronts and leads the pack in my books.

Chuckte Raho

TC

The woke Kohli seems to have no problem acting as a not too bright Sardar in LivSpace ads. Maybe lecturing the Sikhs on how NOT to celebrate Baisakhi is next on his woke agenda!