Sarfaraz Khan

7 minutes ago, rollingstoned said:

Really? We have a list of guys who have amassed as many runs as him in domestic cricket? 

I wrote similar skilled players waiting in line. You might be fine with an out of shape guy who clearly doesnt look unfit, playing  for india i am not. Also next time dont crib about a pant or rohit putting on a few kilos. 

23 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

I wrote similar skilled players waiting in line. You might be fine with an out of shape guy who clearly doesnt look unfit, playing  for india i am not. Also next time dont crib about a pant or rohit putting on a few kilos. 

I don't as they are both good enough to represent India internationally. 

To take that straw man forward, you might be fine with fit looking but woefully limited guys like Manish Pandey who is clearly not good enough to play for India, but I'm not. 

There are many similarly skilled players who can play for us in the future but not right now. When a player is piling on runs for many years in domestic cricket there comes a point when you need a very good reason to ignore that body of work. 

Tbf, I'm not advocating for a xi full of unfit fatsos to play for us. In an ideao world you have both but for someone's fitness to matter that much they have to be talented enough in the first place. So in a straight shootout between the 2 an unfit but talented guy is always going to be the better choice than a fit but limited one. 

Edited by rollingstoned
1 hour ago, rollingstoned said:

To take that straw man forward, you might be fine with fit looking but woefully limited guys like Manish Pandey who is clearly not good enough to play for India, but I'm not. 

There are many similarly skilled players who can play for us in the future but not right now. When a player is piling on runs for many years in domestic cricket there comes a point when you need a very good reason to ignore that body of work. 

Tbf, I'm not advocating for a xi full of unfit fatsos to play for us. In an ideao world you have both but for someone's fitness to matter that much they have to be talented enough in the first place. So in a straight shootout between the 2 an unfit but talented guy is always going to be the better choice than a fit but limited one. 

I am glad decision makers dont think like you do and we dont get to witness Sarfraz bomb in a test match. 

5 hours ago, rollingstoned said:

It looks like Sarfraz is on permanent ignore mode due to his physique. But even the ultra fit looking Kohli regularly drops catches. Does the Mumbai team have some kind of fitness gauging threshold which Sarfraz is crossing? How is he in running between the wickets and fielding? Is he a safe catcher? All these factors need to be looked into. 

1 minute ago, nevada said:

It looks like Sarfraz is on permanent ignore mode due to his physique. But even the ultra fit looking Kohli regularly drops catches. Does the Mumbai team have some kind of fitness gauging threshold which Sarfraz is crossing? How is he in running between the wickets and fielding? Is he a safe catcher? All these factors need to be looked into. 

If they had looked at all those things Chahal would have never played for India. Here we are. This weasel still in the scheme of things.

6 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

We question the fitness of players mostly in limited overs not Test matches be it is running between wickets or fielding. This guy churning out gigantic hundreds. So something is going for him.

yes biggest fitness requirement in Tests is to bat or bowl for long periods. And he seems fit enough to do it.

Poor in A games or not, He warranted a place on his Ranji form alone. 

Having said that, what youngsters now-a-days (Shaw,Sarfaraz) are doing on Instagram by shadow posting showing disappointment is totally unnecessary. This is what sports all about, you do what is in your control- to play. These gimmicks work against you once you fail. 

Edited by Bigg Brother

I for one don't want him to debut in this high profile series. High chance that he doesn't score big runs and Rahane will be close to recall.

In any case him or Surya won't get a game as all slots are filled.

Rohit

KL/Gill

Pujara

Kohli

Shreyas

KSB/Kishan

Jaddu

Ashwin 

Kuldeep

Siraj

Shami/Umesh

Edited by Number