Hindu tailor beheaded by Islamists in Udaipur for social media status supporting Nupur Sharma

Gollum

"In the annals of judiciary, the unfortunate comments have no parallel and are indelible scar on justice system of the largest democracy. Urgent rectification steps are called for as these have potentially serious consequences on democratic values and security of the country," the statement signed by 15 former judges, 77 ex-all India services officers and 25 veterans said.

The signatories include former chief justice of the Bombay high court Kshitij Vyas, former Gujarat high court judge S M Soni, former Rajasthan high court judges R S Rathore and Prashant Agarwal and former Delhi high court judge S N Dhingra.

Former IAS officers R S Gopalan and S Krishna Kumar, ambassador (retired) Niranjan Desai, former DGPs S P Vaid and B L Vohra, Lt Gen V K Chaturvedi (retired) and Air Marshall (retired) S P Singh have also signed the statement which said the SC observations are not in sync with judicial ethos.

"By no stretch these observations, which are not part of the judicial order, can be sanctified on the plank of judicial propriety and fairness. Such outrageous transgressions are without parallel in the annals of Judiciary," it said.

Noting that Sharma sought access to justice system before the highest court, the statement said the court's observations have no connect jurisprudentially with the issue raised in the petition and "transgressed in an unprecedented manner all canons of dispensation of justice".

"She was defacto denied access to judiciary and in the process, there was an outrage on the preamble, spirit and essence of the Constitution of India," it alleged. In the observations, there is virtual exoneration of the "dastardliest beheading at Udaipur in broad daylight," it claimed.

It further said, "Legal fraternity is bound to be surprised and shocked at the observation that an FIR should lead to arrest. The observations on other agencies in the country, without notice to them, are indeed worrisome and alarming."

The signatories also defended Sharma's plea for clubbing all FIRs against her citing previous orders of the apex court.

"One fails to understand, why Nupur's case is treated at a different pedestal. Such an approach of the Supreme Court deserves no applause and impacts the very sanctity and honour of the highest court of land," it said.

https://www.rediff.com/news/report/sc-crossed-laxman-rekha-in-nupur-sharma-case-ex-judges-officials/20220705.htm

Not former SC judges but at least some HC ones spoke out. Hope they don't have to face contempt of court.

Edited by Clarke

15 minutes ago, diga said:

^^ Dhimmi Hindus go to Dargah to present chaddar...  wish you had spent a quarter of that money on temples

In 2016 , had been to Fatehpur Sikhri. There is a dargah in the bulund darwaza. The Muslim guide insisted on a chadar and said it was mandatory. I refused, but he was so persistent and said everyone Hindu or Muslim does it without prejudice and claimed the money goes to poor people for charity. Finally, I paid the money and I still didn’t go to do the chadar. Money for poor is still worth spent. I think Hindus are superstitious and open minded, they don’t see religion in this dargah.

Incidently, these two haiwans from Udaypur were arrested en route to Ajmer as they wanted to do some videos in the the Ajmer dargah and pay homage to Moinuddin Chishti and dedicate the beheadings to him.

On 7/3/2022 at 2:19 PM, Lone Wolf said:

How many Sikhs are there to kill anyway?  Christians live in a tight knit community & are light years ahead of Hindus when it comes to defending stuff. 

Sikhs in Kashmir live in a compromising position.  I don't know the numbers but Budgam has a decent Sikh population. 

This is so true about Christians. If one xtian joins a HR department, it is filled to brim with other xtians in no time.

Even Muslims. I work in IT. All the jobs related to networking and firewalls are dominated by Muslims. If a new Muslim joins a team, other Muslims go out of their way to help him or her. They even book a meeting room to offer Friday prayers. These Muslims are not very adept in interpersonal relationships or technical capability. But it is more than compensated by their top class collaboration.

If i go to hospital, if there is a muslim receptionist, she will do everything to push me to a muslim doctor. 

But Hindus are different breed. All they do is sit around in family functions and brag about their status. 

Hindus are not soft. They simply do not care about each other. They are simply disconnected from society and also from each other. They somehow are very insecure and and never trust another Hindu. Zero collaboration.

45 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

Hindutva is reduced to just abusing Muslims ,I hardly see Hindus favoring each other or developing in group preferences, irrespective of what other groups do . Hindus are some of the most narcissistic and atomized people around .Honestly I try to avoid them.

It is just not in the mainstream. Get involved with some ground level organizations. I can share. It is all on individuals and not on government or NGOs

8 hours ago, MultiB48 said:

Hindutva is reduced to just abusing Muslims ,I hardly see Hindus favoring each other or developing in group preferences, irrespective of what other groups do . Hindus are some of the most narcissistic and atomized people around .Honestly I try to avoid them.

You know the reason for the vast amount of petty corruption,huge tax evasion,mad traffic and dirty roads in this country.

17 hours ago, MultiB48 said:

A mad house is never going to be in shape,all the energy goes in managing lunatics,best is to escape or be oblivious to it.

:((:((:((:((:((

I regret this daily. I should have done this 20 years ago. Country is truly going down the toilet drain man.

17 hours ago, MultiB48 said:

I dont really care ,tbh i have learnt to become apathetic as we

Do you vote Or give back to your society in any way? Perhaps it would be good for you to see how much ppl in other countries help each other and stand up for their rights. 

When I lived in Boston there was a 55 yr old lady I worked with who went and protested in front of her town's centre for three days (she took off) in the freezing cold for some ordinance that was passed in her county. I asked her why on earth would she do this at her age... She said.. If I don't who will? 

What she said stuck with me. If you don't like to get involved with politics at least help your local community with your time. So many things get done online nowadays. You don't need to leave your home to help. 

Always brings to mind India is more than just the corrupt side. There are thousands who do their best. Don't degrade them and their efforts with your selfish cynicism.