Rohit’s captaincy watch

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Me too. I feel the same but fat **** has to play first. 

Lumpkin won't be able to win us anything with a top order that crumbles under pressure, trundlers that get smashed out of the park, and witless spinners.

Calm or not if doesn't perform with the bat we don't win *ing anything under him either! When was the last time you saw a team carry a passenger captain in the entire (ICC) tournament?

I'm no fan of Kohli but ffs he was demolishing sides in bilaterals as well, heck he was the bilateral king with his bat till 2018-19 :om:

RGS has to improve his output with the bat or else we'll do worse than the last two major tournaments!

2 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

Calm or not if doesn't perform with the bat we don't win *ing anything under him either! When was the last time you saw a team carry a passenger captain in the entire (ICC) tournament?

I'm no fan of Kohli but ffs he was demolishing sides in bilaterals as well, heck he was the bilateral king with his bat till 2018-19 :om:

RGS has to improve his output with the bat or else we'll do worse than the last two major tournaments!

Kohli in shorter formats always sucked. His IPL record is a testimony. He always made his unit look like top heavy and it relies on a handful players. Guys like Gambhir/Dhoni/Rohit make their unit stronger than on paper. Kohli makes a stronger unit look like a weaker unit.

Talking about unbeaten run so far, I think that could be mainly coz of Dravid ... Dravid, w/ Chappell as coach, had a good unbeaten streak in LOIs as a captain (before everything crashed in the 2007 WC). Now he is doing the unbeaten run as the coach 

Since Dravid likes to work with youngsters, a lot of youngsters are getting opportunities ... Pant opening the inning also has Dravid's touch 

2 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Kohli in shorter formats always sucked. His IPL record is a testimony. He always made his unit look like top heavy and it relies on a handful players. Guys like Gambhir/Dhoni/Rohit make their unit stronger than on paper. Kohli makes a stronger unit look like a weaker unit.

Kohli has ATG numbers with the bat in WT20, middling numbers in CT & dreadful numbers in WC overall. RGS has $h!t to show for anything apart from the group stages in last WC, one innings vs Bangers in 2015 & one innings vs SA(?) in the inaugural WT20. You could argue CT17 as well but our bowlers were doing most of the job till finals! Kohli still has at least overall 2x as many great ICC performances as RGS, yet the latter's choking in key games isn't highlighted as much? I'm no fan of Kohli but Dhawan/RGS haven't done jack * in KO games, not unlike Brat :nevermind:

2 hours ago, Prabhdeep Singh said:

Rohit seems calm, not over excited and knows what to do.

ODI'S will be more of challenge Vs England next week.

I believe he will do well. Thiss format suits tuk tuk Kohli but he will suck here too. 

Edited by nitinbwj
30 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

Kohli has ATG numbers with the bat in WT20, middling numbers in CT & dreadful numbers in WC overall. RGS has $h!t to show for anything apart from the group stages in last WC, one innings vs Bangers in 2015 & one innings vs SA(?) in the inaugural WT20. You could argue CT17 as well but our bowlers were doing most of the job till finals! Kohli still has at least overall 2x as many great ICC performances as RGS, yet the latter's choking in key games isn't highlighted as much? I'm no fan of Kohli but Dhawan/RGS haven't done jack * in KO games, not unlike Brat :nevermind:

yes Rohit always goes under the radar. Dhawan hasnt played that many KOs but failed in them as well

56 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

Strictly talking about captaincy. 

1 hour ago, Vijy said:

I wonder how long before he gets "injured" again - should be quite soon

Injured or not ... not sure if Rohit should be in the 11 ... We saw how ineffective he was with the bat at MI 

1 hour ago, R!TTER said:

If the captain doesn't perform with the bat/bowl the chances of their team winning a major trophy in cricket reduces greatly, I say at least 50% if not more!

Eoin Morgan was not exactly the top performer for his side when he won the world cup. Even with all the performances Kohli did not win anything even in IPL. Dhoni despite not contributing much but for Wc 2011 final, won 2 cups several IPLs. Not all good batsmen make good captains.  We saw with Tendulkar.