India's batting future- Who needs to go and who needs to be in

4 hours ago, wanted_desi said:

Whatever is the conclusion here. Selectors will be about 2-3 years late implementing it. 

Once the stars go, hopefully after the 2023 WC, I think we will see a new era. There is plenty of talent in India but doesn't get opportunities. 

1 hour ago, nevada said:

Once the stars go, hopefully after the 2023 WC, I think we will see a new era. There is plenty of talent in India but doesn't get opportunities. 

most of them (kohli, dhawan, rohit, bumrah, boobi) may stay until 2027 WC if no action is taken against them. why retire when one can make lots of money?

On 7/15/2022 at 8:28 PM, Adamant said:

Is his recent record in ODI bad? 

Or are you just saying this on basis of just one ODI? 

He's not been impressive post the 2019 World Cup and is a bit of a liability in the field as well. India cannot afford to go slow in the ODI powerplay anymore. We were I think the slowest going into the 2019 World Cup  . Ony Rohit Sharma among the top 3 has shown the ability and intent to step his game up a notch. 

16 minutes ago, Chakdephatte said:

Dhawan is captaining us vs. WI and later against Zimbabwe. That's actually good. Either he scores some runs or get out of the way. Sixes matches, can't ask for more.

He might score v Zim and stay :yay:

32 minutes ago, Lord said:

He might score v Zim and stay :yay:

I will take performance against Windies. He is Dhawan, not Dube. The problem with him is not that he can't face quality bowling. My doubt is, can he play any bowling? He did well vs. SA earlier this year, unfair to pass a judgement after one failure. If he fails for two in a row, he should retire.

Edited by Chakdephatte
38 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

You must be joking? This is bapu's fiefdom, he'll stay as long as he can do this :hmm:

spacer.png

I fully expect him to play 2023 ODI WC. I would not rule out 2027 WC either. he will "only" be the age of misbah at that stage, when the latter retired.

7 minutes ago, Lord said:

Gill in ODIs 

Gill and Kishan in T20s with Samson at 3

Hmm.. I wouldn't want any of them in T20s tbh. I don't feel they can score at SR of 160-170 if chasing/setting big totals with the exception of kishan on some surfaces. Samson has the game, but always throws it away before he gets going. and gill seems more like an anchor.

It will be a CRIME if the TM persists with Dhawan and Loli.         Windies ODI team is pathetic.   Has lost 90% of its odi matches in last 1 year.  Lost even to Ireland.    Dhawan should not retain his place based on 1 or 2 decent knocks against Windies.  Though I doubt if he would cross 50 even against them. 

On 7/15/2022 at 4:09 AM, Chakdephatte said:

T20s

Current Status-

Openers- Rohit, Rahul

Backups- Ishan

3-4-5- Kohli, SKY, Pant

Backups- Iyer, Hooda

Finisher- DK

All-rounders : Pandya/Jadeja

Backups- Axar

Who can be tried- Krunal

Can't change much as WT20 is nearing. Ruturaj and Axar failed to grab their chances.

After WT20-

Who should go-

Rohit, Kohli, Jadeja

Ideally both, but atleast one of Ro-Ko must go. Ishan and Hooda will get a look in. We don't have a finisher of DK's quality but I want Samad to be tried. He is raw but we don't have many better options, if he fails, DK gets back.

after this t20 Wc mine wud be

1. Pant
  2. Shaw
  3. Kishen
  4. KL Rahul
  5. Pandya 

rest 2 lets see who comes good - i hope samad and riyan parag are those or may be samson at 3 and kishen goes down at 6 , if Wc is in subcontinent ill have tripathi too 

7 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

after this t20 Wc mine wud be

1. Pant
  2. Shaw
  3. Kishen
  4. KL Rahul
  5. Pandya 

rest 2 lets see who comes good - i hope samad and riyan parag are those or may be samson at 3 and kishen goes down at 6 , if Wc is in subcontinent ill have tripathi too 

I mentioned Samad as well. Parag, I don't see anything special about him- not great against spin to be in middle order, has power against pace needed for a finisher, but struggles against back of length. He has to improve his hitting to RVD level if he wants to be even in consideration.

Edit: Complete forgot he can bowl too. Better all-round potential than Hooda.

Don't want Rahul as non-opener, but that's your opinion.

Edited by Chakdephatte
9 hours ago, Frustrated said:

It will be a CRIME if the TM persists with Dhawan and Loli.         Windies ODI team is pathetic.   Has lost 90% of its odi matches in last 1 year.  Lost even to Ireland.    Dhawan should not retain his place based on 1 or 2 decent knocks against Windies.  Though I doubt if he would cross 50 even against them. 

this duo will play 2023 WC and possibly Brat will play 2027 WC too

What has Gill done in tests to deserve a call up in other formats. Why do players have to tried in all formats without proving in one format first. Gill has done nothing to get an odi call up.Give that chance to some other player who has not been given a chance in any format.