Har Ghar Tiranga - smart idea by Modi

randomGuy

Anti-nationals were using the National flag in anti CAA/NRC protests etc.

In PFI pamphlets also, they talk about using National flag to further their plans.

Outlining a phase-wise action plan for the PFI, the pamphlet says that in the first stage, it must “establish an Islamic identity” among Muslims and unite them under the PFI flag. The “second stage” talks of spreading the narrative of grievances and using “violence selectively to demonstrate our strength and terrorise our opponents, while limiting exposure of trained cadres to security forces”. The pamphlet also talks about utilising concepts such as ‘National Flag’, ‘Constitution’ and ‘Ambedkar’ to shield the real intention of establishing an Islamic rule and to reach out to SCs/STs/OBCs.

Edited by randomGuy

@coffee_rules and other fellow-oldies here: When we were growing up, were we even allowed to fly flags in our homes?  I vaguely remember being told that the flag can only be flown by specific institutions (govt offices, schools, colleges etc.), and never in private homes.  Am I remembering correctly? If so, when did this change?

And then I came to the US only to see the US flag not only flying everywhere but the colors being worn as clothes and used as napkins during Jul 4 parties.

10 hours ago, randomGuy said:

Anti-nationals were using the National flag in anti CAA/NRC protests etc.

In PFI pamphlets also, they talk about using National flag to further their plans.

Outlining a phase-wise action plan for the PFI, the pamphlet says that in the first stage, it must “establish an Islamic identity” among Muslims and unite them under the PFI flag. The “second stage” talks of spreading the narrative of grievances and using “violence selectively to demonstrate our strength and terrorise our opponents, while limiting exposure of trained cadres to security forces”. The pamphlet also talks about utilising concepts such as ‘National Flag’, ‘Constitution’ and ‘Ambedkar’ to shield the real intention of establishing an Islamic rule and to reach out to SCs/STs/OBCs.

How does HGT mitigate this? As a way to drown out the misuse of the flag by anti-national elements?

2 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

@coffee_rules and other fellow-oldies here: When we were growing up, were we even allowed to fly flags in our homes?  I vaguely remember being told that the flag can only be flown by specific institutions (govt offices, schools, colleges etc.), and never in private homes.  Am I remembering correctly? If so, when did this change?

And then I came to the US only to see the US flag not only flying everywhere but the colors being worn as clothes and used as napkins during Jul 4 parties.

Google "Jindal flag case".

Just now, BacktoCricaddict said:

AFAIK, Flag code of India 2002 permitted all public and private  institutions to hoist flag of India with the official mandated dignity. 

Display on houses had been still restricted , but this year it was amended on Jan 26th.

National Flag Code 2022: The Flag Code of India is a set laws related to the hoisting of the National Flag or Tricolour. It lays down rules for the public, offices and institutions to display the National Flag. The Flag Code of India was first brought into effect on the Republic Day (January 26) in 2022

10 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

I am in Mumbai. There are flags everywhere. The potholes make it a mixed experience though. Few cities can be so dilapidated and modern. 

It's what I call the Star Wars irony.  It is remarkable how, in all the Star Wars and their spin-off series, they juxtapose the grandest communication and weapons technologies with the most dilapidated living arrangements and ragged clothes.  

23 hours ago, HamHindustani said:

The success of HarGharTiranga and rallies in Kashmir has shot up the sales of Burnol in a religious neighbouring country :phehe:

Calm down Terrorist attacks are still happening.  We lost 4 Bravehearts couple of days ago in Rajouri in a possible Uri style attack.

Salute to our Indian Army folks for keeping peace in J&K.  LG saab is doing standard exercise.   People in Jammu though have Indian tri color hosted in every house.  But nhi humko Srinagar dikhana hai:hatsoff:

26 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Calm down Terrorist attacks are still happening.  We lost 4 Bravehearts couple of days ago in Rajouri in a possible Uri style attack.

Chinese spy ship yuan Wang 5 with icbm capabilities is allowed to dock in Sri Lanka tomorrow brushing aside Indian union government's whatever feeble protests.

And there are fools in this country engaging in pr drivel.

4 minutes ago, Stan AF said:

Chinese spy ship yuan Wang 5 with icbm capabilities is allowed to dock in Sri Lanka tomorrow brushing aside Indian union government's whatever feeble protests.

And there are fools in this country engaging in pr drivel.

Yeah we gave literally billions in aid to SL already.  Should have bought ourselves a port there too.   We always have been idiots of highest order when it comes to handling our neighbours. 

On 8/13/2022 at 4:02 PM, BacktoCricaddict said:

It's what I call the Star Wars irony.  It is remarkable how, in all the Star Wars and their spin-off series, they juxtapose the grandest communication and weapons technologies with the most dilapidated living arrangements and ragged clothes.  

Star wars is good analogy. The only difference I would say is that clothing aesthetics are getting better thanks to SM. In fact I am the one in rags. 

But yeah it's a city in disarray but UPI works like magic and spirit of Mumbai is still intact. 

On 8/15/2022 at 11:25 AM, Lone Wolf said:

Salute to our Indian Army folks for keeping peace in J&K.  LG saab is doing standard exercise.   People in Jammu though have Indian tri color hosted in every house.  But nhi humko Srinagar dikhana hai:hatsoff:

Just came back from Kashmir last night. Things are really different from when I visited 4yrs ago. Ladakh is completely transformed and ppl in Srinagar are slowly coming to the realization that perhaps India is not so bad after all.

Was amazing to see Srinagar and Kashmir awash in the tricolor.