Syed Mushtaq Ali trophy 2022

Mosher

On 10/24/2022 at 5:12 PM, Ravi_Shastri said:

IPL bhi bekar hai

looked like a fish in a beer bottle in Internationals (small sample still)

check his Fc avg also

Ipl bh bekar hai , domestic t20 league bhi

So what other benchmark one has to hand debuts in international matches?

Would you select guys for t20s on Ranji/county performances?

8 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Ipl bh bekar hai , domestic t20 league bhi

So what other benchmark one has to hand debuts in international matches?

Would you select guys for t20s on Ranji/county performances?

Where did I say you shouldn’t look at the performance? But you have to look at the overall l picture

A vinay kumar or mithun will always have greater record than bumrah in domestic

Topping the chart means nothing in these tournaments 

38 minutes ago, Ravi_Shastri said:

Where did I say you shouldn’t look at the performance? But you have to look at the overall l picture

A vinay kumar or mithun will always have greater record than bumrah in domestic

Topping the chart means nothing in these tournaments 

Ruturaj is talked about because he is a typical Indian stylish batsmen He has done fairly good in list A

Scored tons of runs for CSK in 2021

Last IPL,he played Umran with so much ease that no one else did

Umran being raw is another thing,but still playing those beautiful shots against consistent 150k deliveries is matter of discussion,that is why he comes into picture

He is only undone by his inconsistency,like many others he too has weakness against moving ball,but sure has skills

Edited by Suhaan
On 10/14/2022 at 1:51 PM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

these domestic attacks are like kids for him now 

Prithvi and Rajat Patidar seem to be like Men toying with Under 17 kids...- the confidence they show in hiting these shots. i agree the pitch is patta's which goes against the bowlers but this kind of attack ( in smat) ..i dont think they ca keep their interest going against them. they need to be playing International bowlers. both are fully ready for International cricket.

Just now, vishalvirsingh said:

Prithvi and Rajat Patidar seem to be like Men toying with Under 17 kids...- the confidence they show in hiting these shots. i agree the pitch is patta's which goes against the bowlers but this kind of attack ( in smat) ..i dont think they ca keep their interest going against them. they need to be playing International bowlers. both are fully ready for International cricket.

Prithvi shaw is at a level where these domestic attacks have become no challenge to him. 

Its sad that they are unable to exploit chinks in his game as he has many. Itna bhi one sided hona isnt good 

On 10/24/2022 at 2:14 PM, vice said:

SMAT has an interesting rule whereby if two teams are tied for points, it's the head to head match that is considered instead of NRR.

Is that why Saurashtra played pre-quarters while Gujarat placed above them in NRR didn't?

Also Punjab placed above Delhi had to play PQs while Delhi didn't. Haryana placed third could still play. How was the PQs allocated? Strange draws in our domestics. Sometimes the top 2 teams play each other in Qs? WTF!

9 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

Is this a T20 game or ODI?

Wowee, clear Kohli replacement.

If India had any semblance of knowing how to form a team, you would pick him for every game between now and the next world cup be it ODI or T20.

Instead we insist on playing Dhawan in ODI cricket.

Domestic T20 game 

He scored it against a decent Karnataka attack in a knockout match.

Edited by express bowling
1 hour ago, SRT100 said:

If India had any semblance of knowing how to form a team, you would pick him for every game between now and the next world cup be it ODI or T20.

Irrespective of any replacements..Gill deserves selection and continuous run to prepare him for next world cup..

1 hour ago, SRT100 said:

I have been shouting so may times - he is a must for WC 2023,  PERIOD.  But selectors cannot let go Dhawan . Why these jokers cannot see what we all see . The quality gap between Gill and Dhawan is too big now . As someone pointed out , 4 years since U19 WC and he is still not getting chances regularly.

What our selectors are doing with such good talents , Beyond me !!

10 minutes ago, Need4Speed said:

Irrespective of any replacements..Gill deserves selection and continuous run to prepare him for next world cup..

In theory, I 100% agree with you.

But this is the madness of Indian Cricket remember, we have immovable objects in the playing XI.

I mean FFS, Dhawan is still in it. Completely finished and still picked in the squad and teams.

1 minute ago, prudent_kreeda said:

I have been shouting so may times - he is a must for WC 2023,  PERIOD.  But selectors cannot let go Dhawan . Why these jokers cannot see what we all see . The quality gap between Gill and Dhawan is too big now . As someone pointed out , 4 years since U19 WC and he is still not getting chances regularly.

lol.

Great minds, Ijust posted this. lol.

Yes youre right. Dhawan getting injured will be the biggest boost for us winning the WC in 2023, by promoting Gill.

6 hours ago, prudent_kreeda said:

Gill has said he is open to playing in the middle due to his strike rotation against spin

HP with no IPL stars beat a team (Punjab) full of IPL stars. Gill, Abhishek, Prabsimran Singh, Harpreet Brar. S Kaul (OK, Maybe not S Kaul). Still it shows how picking Indian team from IPL performances is causing us to lose out in WT20 since 2007. No-Shows all of them.

Edited by coffee_rules