1st Test Nagpur, February 09 - 13, 2023, Australia tour of India - PREMATCH

SRT100

3 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Man Aussies have provided us fairest pitches among SENA teams...  Saffers & Kiwis on the other hand deserve spitting cobras. 

This doesn't look good. 

History suggests NO.

Recent history sure, but not beyond that.

India played a Test at Sydney where Kumble and Warne failed to take a wicket IIRC. They manufactured a batting track to negate our spinners.

7 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Man Aussies have provided us fairest pitches among SENA teams...  Saffers & Kiwis on the other hand deserve spitting cobras. 

This doesn't look good. 

Actually, the fact that Aussie pitches are by far the worst when it comes to aiding spinners, I would say they are the most unfair for the Indian bowlers atleast. 

It's just that because our Batsmen play pace & bounce relatively well but can't play swing & seam to save their lives, you get the impression that they provide fair pitches. 

52 minutes ago, AuxiliA said:

Actually, the fact that Aussie pitches are by far the worst when it comes to aiding spinners, I would say they are the most unfair for the Indian bowlers atleast. 

It's just that because our Batsmen play pace & bounce relatively well but can't play swing & seam to save their lives, you get the impression that they provide fair pitches. 

They didn't give us a pitch like the one they used vs SA in Gabba.  Although I agree India did get a spicy deck in Adelaide last time.  MCG was greener too but not dangerous. 

1 hour ago, Lone Wolf said:

This doesn't look good. 

No they dint provide ****. 1st test was a pink ball. That behaved weird. 2nd was a spicy pitch which backfired on the Oz pussies. 3rd was a dead track cause they got scared of our pace bowling. 4th was a road. 

1 hour ago, AuxiliA said:

No it's because our pace bowlers since 2015 have been world class is the sole reason we can win there. 

11 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

They didn't give us a pitch like the one they used vs SA in Gabba.  Although I agree India did get a spicy deck in Adelaide last time.  MCG was greener too but not dangerous. 

They won't give spicy because we all saw what happened in 2018 and also briefly In Melbourne 2021. Our bowlers can be devastating  

Only coolie cock swallower like putridevus would say otherwise.

Its all about new ball. If indians can play off the new ball well in first innings we will win. Once ball becomes old its easy to negotiate spin with our best player of spin in absence of Pant in last two years coming at no 8 .. ashwin..it ll be difficult for Australia to get 9 top order indian wickets in every innings.. if we cant beat them with jadeja ashwin axar bowling in tandem we deserve to lose.. 

Holy fark.  I never thought that, at my age, with a busy life, I would be getting butterflies thinking about a sporting event that is slated to start in 16 hours 10000 miles away in a place I've never visited involving people I'll never meet.  But dammit ... it's happening. 

Bring on the arrogant, brainfaded serial cheaters in green and yellow.  May the wounds of Gabba 2021 never ever heal!

5 hours ago, AuxiliA said:

I am a huge supporter of rank turners and don't mind 2 days test matches at all. But this Left-Right differential pitch curating (if true) is not cool. We don't need this Chindi Chori to win in India. 

its a bit much,the icc will be keenly watching this pitch.

3 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

This doesn't look good. 

the WTC is making teams behave in unexpected ways.Pakistani doctored their pitches and it backfired on them spectacularly.

21 minutes ago, cowboysfan said:

the WTC is making teams behave in unexpected ways.Pakistani doctored their pitches and it backfired on them spectacularly.

Normally pakistani pitches have been on flatter side but this time they were bit too flat plus their bowling attack in test cricket has been really below average.