Am I the only one reluctant to watch India when KL is in the playing XI ? Averages less than 35 in 45 tests. Is he Brijesh Patel’s karnataka quota guy ?

On 2/10/2023 at 6:23 PM, raki05 said:

Yup that was the most cringey award it should have gone to Iyer or even Gill. I believe they both scored runs when it mattered not like Khujara when we were already cruising.

Iyer was superb in that series, and balls of steel in 4th innings of second test. Joke that he didn't win MOTS. Btw he performed in all innings, Pujara failed in both innings of second test.

Some 4th innings efforts are bigger than milestones for me, Iyer's 20 odd saved us from a big embarassment. Imagine the trolling had we lost that, and what that would have done to our reputation in SC conditions.

32 minutes ago, Mosher said:

Venky not mincing words

I am so glad that a former India fast bowler with a significant following has put this on social media. Venky is an amazing straight shooter.

He could have been alot more brutal, taking names of those responsible for this favoritism.

The problem is that this team has people who deserve to be dropped permanently from test cricket - KL, Kohli, Pujara.  So KL does not stick out.

No other major team would have retained these 3 names for the past 2 years. Even Bangladesh would not play KL.

Edited by rangeelaraja
11 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Low hanging fruit (Kela). He doesn’t have the gall to speak the same about Kohli, Pujara, Rohit (in T20s) or Dhoni. 

One battle at a time. Multiple low performers are protecting each other.

Once KL is kicked out  - one of Pujara/ Kohli will be next.

Dravid must be removed as coach asap too.  He has no authority in the dressing room. He does not have the spine to be a leader.

Remember the whole Greg Chappell affair, where one after another GC decimated the team and Dravid just was a yes man. Dravid is a yes man. He cannot and should never have been coach.

The problem with KL is that he is intentionally trying to play selfishly in the pretend of getting his form back. 

This meekness, cowardliness and selfishness is killing whatever good he has done ( those overseas runs)

If Rahul, for all his talent, employs a free flow positive brand ( and  then failing), we as fans will not be so harsh. But it is so stupid of him to be in a bubble of negative mindset and to be at the crease without intention of scoring.

Time is running out for him in test cricket. Someone should go near him ( not his buddy toxic Kohli) and tell him to play positive for a change and see if that makes any difference.

1 minute ago, coffee_rules said:

After 10 innings slump. Previous 10 innings prior to 10 slump, had 2 100s and 2 50s. But, I don’t think team or fans are patient enough to wait this time. Let him score some runs in Kar. Ghar wapsi and of course IPL

He was the reason why India lost world t20. This moron has been nothing but pest, I would take Mayank Agarwal over this guy in any format.

2 minutes ago, putrevus said:

He was the reason why India lost world t20. This moron has been nothing but pest, I would take Mayank Agarwal over this guy in any format.

Yes and also in SF, Rohit, SKy and Kohli failed. You hate him so much to see him as the sole reason. Plus we went with Bhuvi, Ashwin to Aus, and no fast bowlers with hit the deck bowlers. 

4 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Yes and also in SF, Rohit, SKy and Kohli failed. You hate him so much to see him as the sole reason. Plus we went with Bhuvi, Ashwin to Aus, and no fast bowlers with hit the deck bowlers. 

Why you keep mentioning others. This stinking guy has never delivered nor he will ever deliver in future. I told this back in 2018 when some morons were craving for this guy. This guy stunk in four different continent back in 2018.This is nothing new for this guy.This is useless under pressure.

Who ever made this bozo the VC should have his head examined.

I don't hate any player.

1 hour ago, putrevus said:

Why you keep mentioning others. This stinking guy has never delivered nor he will ever deliver in future. I told this back in 2018 when some morons were craving for this guy. This guy stunk in four different continent back in 2018.This is nothing new for this guy.This is useless under pressure.

Who ever made this bozo the VC should have his head examined.

I don't hate any player.

You have selective memory, remember what you want to. after a 100 in SA later after the match below and a 50 he has been useless in last  9 innings in Test cricket. 

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/india-tour-of-england-2021-2022-1239527/england-vs-india-2nd-test-1239544/full-scorecard

17 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

You have selective memory, remember what you want to. after a 100 in SA later after the match below and a 50 he has been useless in last  9 innings in Test cricket. 

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/india-tour-of-england-2021-2022-1239527/england-vs-india-2nd-test-1239544/full-scorecard

I don't have a selective memomy. Rahul's career in general is about one series in 2017 and rest is all about one odd innings here and there . His 34 avg  after 46 tests is a reflection of that problem. So don't give me odd test here and there.He along with Rahane are the most useless investments India has made in last decade. Which idiot made him VC is beyond me.

He stinks under pressure in white ball cricket. He is one of the main reasons why India had no chance in world t20.

Edited by putrevus
34 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Venky should be one of the selector. I love his straight shooting.  Whatever he says is obvious. But  still as a former cricketer to say something against his former Karnataka friend Rahul Dravid is something.. In SA him captaining our side was a major set back for us.

that's why he's not chief selector