UBS and Swiss National Bank agree to Credit Suisse takeover !!!

velu

48 minutes ago, diga said:

Velu is happy... how much money are you going to make if markets rise on this news ? (or have already made). You should be sponsoring server upgrade + site maintenance with that kind of money :)

unfortunately I play only in index :((

My distant relative who introduced me to option trading 6/7 years back made a killing in Adani , came back to ATH after trading for 20 years ..

He Is working as a government Doctor, planning to retire now and trade full time 

https://twitter.com/siv49368764/status/1628751557041991681?s=46&t=TyFZVA_2MlK_rh6qYZRHVQ

10 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Maybe the Bear made money by shorting.

Even for shorting wouldn't the prices need to go up again? The overall worth of the shares would still be the same or less. 

You sell high and buy at a lower price - but wouldn't that require prices to rise for your overall worth to first equal your previous worth and then profit? 

1 hour ago, bharathh said:

Even for shorting wouldn't the prices need to go up again? The overall worth of the shares would still be the same or less. 

You sell high and buy at a lower price - but wouldn't that require prices to rise for your overall worth to first equal your previous worth and then profit? 

Short sellers are wagering that the stock they are short selling will drop in price. If the stock does drop after the short sale, the short seller buys it back at a lower price and returns it to the lender. The difference between the sell price and the buy price is the short seller’s profit.

On 3/21/2023 at 4:31 PM, bharathh said:

If you sell at $2 and buy back at $1, aren't you in $1 profit? 

On 3/21/2023 at 7:01 AM, bharathh said:

This shorting shyte is too complicated for me.  Someone has to give me an actual example of how it is done.

First thing that occurred to when I read that Hindenburg is taking a "short position" on Adani:  Forward short or backward short?

BCCI Just Posted A Vacancy For Short Leg Fielder & Here's How You Can ...

Edited by BacktoCricaddict