BJP will lose Karnataka next month

cowboysfan

7 minutes ago, bharathh said:

Looks like slight advantage Congress... Let the horse trading begin

Looks like.

7 exit polls , 5 giving edge to congress 2 to bjp... probably 1 poll each giving clear majority to congress n bjp ... average 105-95 to congress and a hung assembly 

6 minutes ago, Number said:

Today's Chankya gives 120+/-11 to Congress. Big result for Cong.

Makes 2024 interesting now with Cong gaining momentum.

These elections don't have major bearing on 2024...  It's too late for that.  Keeping BJP below 300 would be massive accomplishment for Opposition as of now in 2024.

26 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

These elections don't have major bearing on 2024...  It's too late for that.  Keeping BJP below 300 would be massive accomplishment for Opposition as of now in 2024.

Modi is hugely popular as seen in the Kar campaign. Expect 23+ seats for 2024 from Kar and it’s almost certain that BJP is ahead for 2024. CongressJDs to do Mutra sarkara sorry Maitri I mean Maitri

5 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Brace yourself for Rahul Gandhi as new PM for India :dance:

Or Kejriwal...  India will join NATO under him & sign NPT.  Become a US puppet like SoKo & Japan.   We get gender neutral bathrooms in Delhi & in Mohalla clinics. 

George Soros given Bharat Ratna.

Then we wake up:fear1:

18 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Modi is hugely popular as seen in the Kar campaign. Expect 23+ seats for 2024 from Kar and it’s almost certain that BJP is ahead for 2024. CongressJDs to do Mutra sarkara sorry Maitri I mean Maitri

As much as I hate to admit this...  It is 100% true. 

Modi is more popular than Patel ever was in South India..  I'll give him that. 

If Congress wins its not because they have a great platform ,its because BJP has been so dismal starting from Bommai who has to be one of the most miiquetoast CMs in Karnataka history.Modi and mota Bhai's hubris will come home to roast as they couldn't tolerate any kind of local BJP leader who didnt worship at their feet.I dont think Congress will win 140 but if they do then voters are punishing BJP for breaking a legitimate government by their dirty politics of bribing sitting MLAs to switch sides.Vokkaligas should also consider ditching JDS which is a loser in all this.

Edited by cowboysfan

1 hour ago, cowboysfan said:

also wanted to point out that there is a 7% reduction in voter turnout from last election.that is almost always a sign of anti-incumbency.

How ? In 2018 it was 72.15%, now it is 72%. There are indications that it’ll get updated to 74-75%. Do you have any links? 

29 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

How ? In 2018 it was 72.15%, now it is 72%. There are indications that it’ll get updated to 74-75%. Do you have any links? 

you are right my bad,i checked Deccan herald last time and they had a headline of 65% turnout but they didnt count it till the close of polls..that is close to or more than last election .

On 5/10/2023 at 6:20 AM, coffee_rules said:

Even if BJP loses, I am proud to come from a state where there are no crimes related elections reported, no deaths or arson reported. . Just a few skirmishes. We were able to conduct the elections in one phase, unlike in a state like WB where it took 7 phases of voting. It comes from having responsible National parties like Congress and BJP and decent politicians of JDs and not having regional party caste based village idiots run the show running state elections like gram panchayaten with lots of fighting. Take a bow, Kannadigas! 

It has nothing to do with national/regional parties. TN primarily has regional parties and their assembly elections happened in one phase only. I believe Telangana too had only on one day.  West Bengal is an extreme case.