Pre-Match Discussion | ICC WTC Final | India vs Australia | Oval| Jun 07 - Jun 12

Predict the winner  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the WTC Finals?

• India
    • Australia
    • Draw
    • Tie

13 hours ago, Jay said:

Rana needs to come in. Enough of this coddling. He is not a teenager. He is 24 years old. Unleash him. He has ranji experience. 

Fast bowlers have a shelf life.

I also prefer kishan over useless block of wood that is bharat. I better not see bharst in there. 

Rana is 20 or 21...not 24.

He is younger than Tyagi, who is 22.

1 hour ago, Lone Wolf said:

If phattu Dravid has some braincells left...  Kishan will have to play over Bharat.   One off games like this require mavericks over safe picks. 

Kishan is not Pant, he is not a maverick, he is a guaranteed failure both with the bat and gloves.
Bharath is a better keeper than Ishan, both won't do much with the bat that's for sure, but I bet on Bharath to outperform Kishan in English conditions.

4 hours ago, cowboysfan said:

I am predicting a flat pitch which will turn after day 2.if that is the case our best path to victory is batting first and hopefully our 2 spinners will destroy the aussies.

Pitches don't help spinners in much in England. Our spinners will not do well until ball turns from the pitching area. Oval is hard surface. Won't offer turn, more unlikely in June.

43 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Pitches don't help spinners in much in England. Our spinners will not do well until ball turns from the pitching area. Oval is hard surface. Won't offer turn, more unlikely in June.

Spinners over the years like Jim Laker, Tony Lock, Sonny Ramadhin, Lance Gibbs, Derek Underwood and recently Graeme Swann,  Shane Warne and Murali have done okay in England.

Warne has 129 wickets at 21.94 in England. (In comparison Bumrah has total 128 wickets at 21.99).

Murali is even better at 49 wickets for 19.20 each.

N.B. Please realise that pace bowlers don't necessarily do well in England. Kapil was terrific in Aus and WI. Kapil stats in England are 43 wickets at 39.18 each.

Edited by AKane
1 hour ago, Adamant said:

Why do people think Kishan will somehow blast off the aussie bowlers by hitting 100 m sixes at Oval, lol. 

IPL has definitely spoiled test cricket viewers too,  Kishan will drop half a dozen catch and will get out twice in single digits, his technique is all over the place.

Keeping against Pace is considered literally easier than vs spin..  Shastri Punter know what they are talking about when it comes to Ishan. 

Remember technique isn't everything...  Angles,  match up works too. 

Kishan is weak vs swing bowling but he can handle pace & hit the deck stuff.  Aussies have lost Hazelwood.  Starc Cummins are hit the deck...  & Starc is a loose cannon...  But his indippers to right handers won't be a issue to lefties. 

In pressure games Lefties are always a safe bet. 

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

we will see.i dont see the ICC setting up a green pitch and another WTC final ending early.

2 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Keeping against Pace is considered literally easier than vs spin..  Shastri Punter know what they are talking about when it comes to Ishan. 

Kishan is weak vs swing bowling but he can handle pace & hit the deck stuff.  Aussies have lost Hazelwood.  Starc Cummins are hit the deck...  & Starc is a loose cannon...  But his indippers to right handers won't be a issue to lefties. 

I am 100 % sure that ISHAN KISHAN is a better batsman than Bharat. Any batsman who has played his cricket as an Opener is likely to face Pacers better at least in tests.

Having said that ISHAN 's batting style is aggressive and his defence is a bit of a question mark. But he has scored a 200 in an ODI. 

He definitely deserves to play against Aussies. He is as good as rishabh pant for sure. both rishabh and kishan are not good keepers and bharat's keeping is very GOOD.

if Bharat is batting very well , i would play him but if bharat's batting is not looking good I would play ISHAN.

bharat >>>>ISHAN in keeping

but ishan >>> Bharat in batting .....

if they are playing 4 pacers and jaddu ..then they have to play ISHAN ( as they have to strengthen their batting )

if they are playing 3 pacers and Jaddu..they they have to play bharat.( bcos batting is already strong as only 4 bowlers are in team so makes sense to have a GOOD keeper)

I don't favor either of these guys. Bharat keeping in the recent Australian series was below average. Technique was extremely poor.  So there is no real difference between them. A reason why they were trying to push KL Rahul a genuine part-time keeper as the main keeper. Pretty sure Kishan is better than Rahul. Now coming to batting.  Both have weaknesses. Having said that against Australia, Indian batsmen have always done well. Be it is Thakur or Sundar or Ashwin. Pant is a certified Australian bully. one reason is aggression works better against Australia. A reason why we go toe to toe with Australia. Even Axar Patel's dynamic approach helped us. But Kishan has to assume that role himself. Nobody is going to tell him "play aggressively" especially Rahul Dravid. There is better chance of him clicking playing with aggression. Atleast he can click in one innings.

8 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

Rana is 20 or 21...not 24.

He is younger than Tyagi, who is 22.

Guy is built like a tank. He needs to come in. 22 or 21 don't care. He can run in all day. Strong as an ox. Pacey. Bouncy. What the * more do we need. Unleash the beast. 

We just have too many nincompoops in the management. 

6 hours ago, AKane said:

Spinners over the years like Jim Laker, Tony Lock, Sonny Ramadhin, Lance Gibbs, Derek Underwood and recently Graeme Swann,  Shane Warne and Murali have done okay in England.

Warne has 129 wickets at 21.94 in England. (In comparison Bumrah has total 128 wickets at 21.99).

Murali is even better at 49 wickets for 19.20 each.

N.B. Please realise that pace bowlers don't necessarily do well in England. Kapil was terrific in Aus and WI. Kapil stats in England are 43 wickets at 39.18 each.

Swing trundlers do well in England. Or someone who is very bouncy like ambrose. 

Edited by Jay
7 hours ago, Adamant said:

Why do people think Kishan will somehow blast off the aussie bowlers by hitting 100 m sixes at Oval, lol. 

IPL has definitely spoiled test cricket viewers too,  Kishan will drop half a dozen catch and will get out twice in single digits, his technique is all over the place.

That's why I prefer upendra yadav who has a good A class record. Since that won't happen because we have morons in management, I would take kishan over wastrel bharat who is only good at being a water boy. 

6 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Lefties always torment Aussies. Their record is very poor vs lefties. Same with poms and kiwis but somehow we will screw up the whole structure acsuee that's who we are. 

We will pick the washed up has beens and lose the game in 3 days. 

4 hours ago, Jay said:

Guy is built like a tank. He needs to come in. 22 or 21 don't care. He can run in all day. Strong as an ox. Pacey. Bouncy. What the * more do we need. Unleash the beast. 

We just have too many nincompoops in the management. 

No. He can't run in all day. No one at 21 can do that. It needs a lot of game time to be able to do that. He too got injured mid game in ranji trophy with hamstring injury after a few games. Keep expectations low. Let the youngsters ease into test cricket. 

Edited by rkt.india
23 minutes ago, Throwaib_Chuckter said:

Need to watch out for Neser and/or Boland in Pommie conditions with Hazlewood not playing.

I am a bit worried but haven't lost hope.

Chuckte Raho

TC 

Anda faith in our batting. We are defo losing this.

No pant

No bumrah and we won't pick rana for some stupid reason when he is ready. Prasidh wasn't blooded in due to injury which was caused by our negligence again. 

No jaiswal.

No sarfraz who is quality

No sundar either who is injured

No patidar who is in form and won't get picked for quota reasons. 

Yea we have zero shot.

10 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

I don't favor either of these guys. Bharat keeping in the recent Australian series was below average. Technique was extremely poor.  So there is no real difference between them. A reason why they were trying to push KL Rahul a genuine part-time keeper as the main keeper. Pretty sure Kishan is better than Rahul. Now coming to batting.  Both have weaknesses. Having said that against Australia, Indian batsmen have always done well. Be it is Thakur or Sundar or Ashwin. Pant is a certified Australian bully. one reason is aggression works better against Australia. A reason why we go toe to toe with Australia. Even Axar Patel's dynamic approach helped us. But Kishan has to assume that role himself. Nobody is going to tell him "play aggressively" especially Rahul Dravid. There is better chance of him clicking playing with aggression. Atleast he can click in one innings.

Bharat shouldn't play cricket at all. Find another sport.