KKR's last century was Brendon McCullum's 158*. Can you believe it!!!

sarcastic

I just cannot (CANNOT) believe it that a KKR batsman did not get a century for 15 years since that memorable knock that started off IPL back in 2008 until today's knock by Venkatesh Iyer.

What do you think could be the reason in this drought of 100s by one of the most successful franchises of IPL.
Discuss!

Edited by sarcastic

2 minutes ago, zen said:

You don't necessarily need 100s in T20s (unless a team is over-reliant on particular players). A team needs a system where 4-5 batsmen chip in at a high strike rate more often than not in a game. 

While selfish 100’s should be called out and in principle I agree with you , if someone gets to a milestone of 100

With sustained hitting, that should be respected too.

4 minutes ago, maniac said:

While selfish 100’s should be called out and in principle I agree with you , if someone gets to a milestone of 100

With sustained hitting, that should be respected too.

My point is not wrt milestones (as I don't care for it) but that 100s can be unnecessary for strong teams. One cannot judge a team based on how many 100s its batsmen have scored and so on. LSG (along with PK, RCB, etc.) probably has more 100s (IIRC KL scored 2 in the last season) than many teams. 

Just now, zen said:

My point is not wrt milestones (as I don't care for it) but that 100s can be unnecessary for strong teams. One cannot judge a team based on how many 100s its batsmen have scored and so on. LSG (along with PK, RCB, etc.) probably has more 100s (IIRC KL scored 2 in the last season) than many teams. 

fair enough 

5 hours ago, zen said:

You don't necessarily need 100s in T20s (unless a team is over-reliant on particular players). A team needs a system where 4-5 batsmen chip in at a high strike rate more often than not in a game. 

having, say, 4-5 players who can score 30s-40s at 150-160+ SR would be great. just 1 or 2 need to come off and score quickly. this notion of anchoring is very passé in T20s except for India.

12 hours ago, sarcastic said:

I just cannot (CANNOT) believe it that a KKR batsman did not get a century for 15 years since that memorable knock that started off IPL back in 2008 until today's knock by Venkatesh Iyer.

What do you think could be the reason in this drought of 100s by one of the most successful franchises of IPL.
Discuss!

KKR managed to win the IPL twice between the two times their players have scored centuries.

100+ is just an arbitrary number.

Why is 70 not a land mark? or 80?

Especially in T20s, I don't look at scoring/ not scoring centuries as a predictor of win/loss. 

Just a peculiar stat.