Pakistan ODI team is peaking at the right time for World cup

They just chased down 337 runs with ease at home. It reminds me of Indian cricket period between 2013-2017 when our top 3 used to chase any target down with such ease. Though Fakhar-Imam-Babar is not yet at the level of Dhawan-Rohit-Kohli but they are not far way off either.

I think this Pakistan cricket team is picking at the right time for world cup. Their bowling was always good but with top class batsmen now, they are indeed a side to watch out for. 

Edited by Austin 3:!6

They have been trying different batter for one middle order spot, without any success, yet and the WC is around the corner. At the end it will be Chacha , sadly.

Here is the likely first choice 11 for the WC

Imam

Fakhar

Babar 

?? Chacha / M Harris/shafiq/H Sohail, / Saime / Masood 

Rizwan 

Agha 

Imad

Shadab

Shaheen

Naseem

Rauf 

Shafiq

Nawaz

Ihsanullah

Harris 

Waseem Jr 

I still don't think they are that good in ODIs...  A poor NZ team beat them in a ODI series couple of months ago.  Same team got butchered in India.

In T20 Paksitan is definitely a force to reckon with. 

India's problems are self inflicted & everytime we take the field we are carrying 3-4 deadwoods. 

However Pakistan has definitely turned it around in ICC events since that WC 2019 loss vs India.  

Asia Cup could get very interesting this year.  Bangla bros are a good ODI side too.  And lankans always have few tricks up their sleeve. 

1 minute ago, Aiden said:

Pakistan team not coming to India for WC. Indian ex politicians get butchered on live TV under police protection. No way Pakistan players are safe in Modi Hindustan.

Bhai yeh drama kahi aur karo. PCB is saying they won't come if India don't go for Asia cup but if they do then there will be no security issue. They think everyone else is idiot? Pakistan talking about security of other countries is like a chimpanzee doing open heart surgery :laugh:

Anyway, I for one will be happy if they stick to their stand and don't come but we all know how PCB operates. They will be the first one to turn up come october...so lets stick to cricket on this thread.

10 minutes ago, Aiden said:

Pakistan team not coming to India for WC. Indian ex politicians get butchered on live TV under police protection. No way Pakistan players are safe in Modi Hindustan.

And Osama was a Civil Engineer. Funny how your heart bleeds for murderous thugs with hundreds of serious criminal cases just because he was from your Mazhab and was killing Kaffirs.

Shows the mental and moral bankruptcy of Pakistan as a nation. No wonder yours is a banana republic.

11 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

They just chased down 337 runs with ease at home. It reminds me of Indian cricket period between 2013-2017 when our top 3 used to chase any target down with such ease. Though Fakhar-Imam-Babar is not yet at the level of Dhawan-Rohit-Kohli but they are not far way off either.

I think this Pakistan cricket team is picking at the right time for world cup. Their bowling was always good but with top class batsmen now, they are indeed a side to watch out for. 

Don't know about whether the trio is at the level of Kohli-Rohit-Dhawan. India trio is anyway overrated and overhyped FTB.. Fakhar just won them CT as newbie, what our guys have done apart from bottling in important matches... 

Pakistan bowling is overrated.

NZ C just scored 288 and 336 against them.

Any half decent bowling line would have defended theses but not these shipleys, tickner, Milne, neesham, ravindra and sodhi...

The batting is heavily dependent on the top 4 and even there they follow a set template.
Any day they are 20/2 and they will be screwed royally.

31 minutes ago, Gollum said:

In a KO or must win game, their trio is better. Our bozos are bilateral bullies.

Lefties are generally clutch in pressure games. 

Unless and until we find few decent ones in our team we will continue to choke. 

Hopefully Jaiswal will be the guy. 

Rohit is useless in high pressure games just like Kela. 

Edited by Lone Wolf
3 hours ago, Vickydev said:

Fakhar Zaman is underrated. How they didn't pick him for the WT20 is crazy when they have those snails at the top

Thing is the openers score majority of the runs in T20Is. If either/both of them score 50 or more, their team wins more often from what I have seen. Rest of the batsmen are complete flops. Fakhar and Iftikhar score now and then.

21 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

I was looking at the rankings today and them 3 could be top 3 in the ODI batters by the end of the series if they keep performing.