YBK Jaiswal 209 15* 224 307 72.96 22 7   v England Visakhapatnam 2 Feb 2024
MA Agarwal 215 7 222 402 55.22 24 6   v South Africa Visakhapatnam 2 Oct 2019
RG Sharma 212 - 212 255 83.13 28 6   v South Africa Ranchi 19 Oct 2019
MA Agarwal 150 62 212 419 50.59 26 5   v New Zealand Wankhede 3 Dec 2021
RR Pant 146 57 203 197 103.04 27 4   v England Birmingham 1 Jul 2022
V Kohli 149 51 200 318 62.89 26 1   v England Birmingham 1 Aug 2018
V Kohli 97 103 200 349 57.30 21 0   v England Nottingham

18 Aug 2018

Mayank vs NZ in Wankhede on that rank Turner...  One of the best knocks ever in Indian conditions. 

Ajaz Patel took 10 wickets & other batters were looking sitting ducks. 

Whatta beast vs spin...  Came from Sidhu school of thought.   Managed to teach the pitch of the ball by using his feet almost every time. 

20 minutes ago, putrevus said:

I don't think Gill lacks hunger to score runs, he has technical issues.Can he overcome those issues is the question.

People without hunger to score runs don't score 1400 plus runs in a year in odis.

Drawing board. Go to domestics. Get coached. Figure things out. Score more piles of runs and come back.

Plus, I think he is better off as an opener than #3.

27 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Jaiswal has the hunger for runs .. the run machine mentality.  Something that is lacking in Gill so far.

We need more such batters who want to score lots and lots of runs and can bat when the going gets tough. 

The role of "luck" must also be mentioned. Root dropped him once. Gill gave one chance and it was a tough one that got snapped. Not saying that luck is everything, but sometimes, it makes the difference between a 36 and 136.

24 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Jaiswal has the hunger for runs .. the run machine mentality.  Something that is lacking in Gill so far.

We need more such batters who want to score lots and lots of runs and can bat when the going gets tough. 

Have seen his interviews, facing all those hardships in his younger days has kinda grounded him, he looks like someone who has strong control on his emotions and hence that's why he don't get carried away even when things go well. 

I look at him and I feel he is someone who will always be honest to himself, unlike the Shreyas Iyer who seems to be living in his own Lala Land.

He has god given temperament. Hope other youngsters get inspired by his story and take their game to next level. I think Sarfraz should be given a shot and see what he does with it. It is totally unfair they gave chance to SKY in Tests and oDIs while Sarfraz not getting a chance even in home tests.

17 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Drawing board. Go to domestics. Get coached. Figure things out. Score more piles of runs and come back.

Plus, I think he is better off as an opener than #3.

He has huge backlift which is going to be problem if he is an opener in England or NZ or even SA.

He plays square of wicket very well so he will do well in Australia.

Dravid is best coach for him to take help in dealing with spin bowling.Hard hands is what worries me about Gill and playing spin.

I would not discard a talent like Gill that soon, he is similar to KL Rahul who in the process of developing attacking strokes has lost solidity in red ball cricket.

Playing some domestic matches would not hurt him.

56 minutes ago, putrevus said:

He has huge backlift which is going to be problem if he is an opener in England or NZ or even SA.

Dravid is best coach for him to take help in dealing with spin bowling.Hard hands is what worries me about Gill and playing spin.

I would not discard a talent like Gill that soon, he is similar to KL Rahul who in the process of developing attacking strokes has lost solidity in red ball cricket.

yes, he is very similar to kela in many ways

10 hours ago, putrevus said:

Yes I feel it too..since he started playing more agressively for IPL…he doesnt look compact in defence anymore..

54 minutes ago, Need4Speed said:

Yes I feel it too..since he started playing more agressively for IPL…he doesnt look compact in defence anymore..

That’s okay , he has changed his game to suit white ball cricket. He will need to get his confidence back  in  test cricket .He will be fine .

19 minutes ago, putrevus said:

That’s okay , he has changed his game to suit white ball cricket. He will need to get his confidence back  in  test cricket .He will be fine .

I want his old self back..didnt want to ruin his game in the white ball circus..but he has the right to make money..just hope we dont lose him..

15 hours ago, putrevus said:

I don't think Gill lacks hunger to score runs, he has technical issues.Can he overcome those issues is the question.

People without hunger to score runs don't score 1400 plus runs in a year in odis.

Exactly. Its the coach's role is to work with him. He can overcome issues