KS Bharat : Is he the best we have after Pant ?

44 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

A 29 year old journeyman is playing a ICC final for India...  Another pseudo quota south based team selection. 

DK in WT20 & now this clown thanks to galaxy brain Dravid. 

Give me Prabhsimran Singh over this guy anyday of the week. 

Even Mallu Samson would have been a upgrade. 

dravidiot is already hatching a plan to bring DK into ODI WC

Obviously I'm unhappy that India is 200 runs behind in this test - but honestly, I would have been less disappointed if we were in this situation with Ashwin and Kishan playing ahead of Umesh and Bharath.  No disrespect to either player.  

4 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

Even Saha would have done a better job here.  Wonder why he wasn't called in for a one of test even if it didn't mean a long term return. 

Upendra and Jagadeesan are two potential replacements in the future

not jagadeesen - not a safe keeper, and his batting doesn't seem that good either. upendra yadav seems solid. wadkar would be even better, but is old now.

there are emerging keepers to keep an eye on: kushagra and jurel

3 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

Dhruv Jurel is the one who should be groomed as Pant's apprentice and substitute.

Kishan, Upendra etc are good but don't have Jurel's ceiling.

jurel has also done well in ranjis, although against some weak teams. kushagra is another potentially useful batter-keeper

1 hour ago, Vijy said:

not jagadeesen - not a safe keeper, and his batting doesn't seem that good either. upendra yadav seems solid. wadkar would be even better, but is old now.

there are emerging keepers to keep an eye on: kushagra and jurel

Wadkar is 28, not too old for a wk. 

1 hour ago, sandeep said:

Obviously I'm unhappy that India is 200 runs behind in this test - but honestly, I would have been less disappointed if we were in this situation with Ashwin and Kishan playing ahead of Umesh and Bharath.  No disrespect to either player.  

had Ashwin played, he would have played in place of Shardul, not Umesh. Umesh being a front line pacer would still have played. Shardul is playing as an alrounder here like Ashwin. So alrounder replaced alrounder. That would have been the case. looking at the kind of trick pitch is playing, playing four seamers was not a  bad decision but needed right personnel for that, not Umesh as the third front line seamer.   

57 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

had Ashwin played, he would have played in place of Shardul, not Umesh. Umesh being a front line pacer would still have played. Shardul is playing as an alrounder here like Ashwin. So alrounder replaced alrounder. That would have been the case. looking at the kind of trick pitch is playing, playing four seamers was not a  bad decision but needed right personnel for that, not Umesh as the third front line seamer.   

No way Shardul would have been dropped especially at England 

33 minutes ago, sandeep said:

THat's..........nonsense.

that is not nonsense. that is how it is. Shardul is not a front line pacer. he plays as an alrounder. Shardul is Pandya's replacement, not a replacement of Bumrah. Bumrah's replacement is Umesh.