with this current oldies, expecting the following:

win vs WI: 1-0

loss vs SA: 0-2

win vs Eng: 3-2 [there will be no draws in Bazball]

win vs Ban: 2-0

win vs NZ: 2-0

loss vs Aus: 1-3

Won't matter...

Even if somehow we make it to the final, we'll be up against England who are going to run through sides (except may be the series against us) this cycle. 

And we all know what will happen at Lords, which is a good batting wicket. I would rather have Australia reach that so we can actually enjoy the game from a neutral pov.

WI, Bang, NZ will be easy since Ashwin, Jadeja, Axar will give us batting strength till No 9 along with Shami and Siraj with sufficient bowling firepower and adequate batting will see us through.

South Africa can be manageable as well because on helpful pitches we can nick one test atleast esp If Bumrah is available.

Australia -  We can draw a test or two but overall we will be exposed. Apart from Warner or maybe Stark, same Australia team will be there and will torment us. I can even smell 0-5 and that will be epic humiliation.

England with the bazball can shock us and even our spinners are prone to crumble. But there will be raging turners to combat bazball and we can win or draw this series.

10 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

I am banking on ENG butchering us at home. A 3-1 scoreline or maybe even 5-0 if ENG get the momentum early.

But I'd still not expect Dougla Dravid to resign.

bazball won't work that well on raging turners and ash, jaddu, and axar are far better on spinning pitches (even if not turners) than likes of jacks, ali, leach, root, etc

9 minutes ago, deepdynamo said:

WI, Bang, NZ will be easy since Ashwin, Jadeja, Axar will give us batting strength till No 9 along with Shami and Siraj with sufficient bowling firepower and adequate batting will see us through.

South Africa can be manageable as well because on helpful pitches we can nick one test atleast esp If Bumrah is available.

Australia -  We can draw a test or two but overall we will be exposed. Apart from Warner or maybe Stark, same Australia team will be there and will torment us. I can even smell 0-5 and that will be epic humiliation.

England with the bazball can shock us and even our spinners are prone to crumble. But there will be raging turners to combat bazball and we can win or draw this series.

I don't think eng will win, but I do expect a close series. expecting 3-2 to india, as I wrote in my 1st post on the thread

Expecting Ashwin and Jaddu to either retire or pick a career ending injury in the next 2 years. Priorities too might change, they have been through the grind for a long time now. Umesh is done, Shami too on his last legs. Forget SENA, I am worried about home losses piling up very soon. Maybe England will be the team to break through the Indian fortress early next year.

Axar, Kuldeep, Sundar trio will be good but still a big downgrade for home games. Don't think Siraj+Bumrah will be as lethal as Umesh+Shami were on our decks the last 8-9 years.

We were making the finals courtesy crushing opponents in SC+WI and 1 good SENA result per cycle. If we start dropping points in our turf, we have to do wonders in SENA consistently, which going by our past record is impossible.

If that cuck Dravid stays, irrespective of change in playing personnel be prepared for disappointment or a big scare next year against Eng. Also 0-5 in Australia in next cycle looks like easy money.

Dravid will sink Indian cricket to unimaginable depths the longer he stays. If there were a shred of accountability in Indian cricket that loser would get fired before conclusion of this test.

Edited by Gollum
5 hours ago, Vijy said:

with this current oldies, expecting the following:

win vs WI: 1-0

loss vs SA: 0-2

win vs Eng: 3-2 [there will be no draws in Bazball]

win vs Ban: 2-0

win vs NZ: 2-0

loss vs Aus: 1-3

With current oldies selections I agree 100%

But I would say 3 0 Oz away

With proper selections and the young gen talents being included this is how I see it:

Win vs w.indies 2 0

Draw vs SA 1-1. We will stuff up somehow

Vs england 3-1 or 4-1 win

Win vs balga 2 0

Vs vz 3 0

Vs aus I feel 2-2 

2 hours ago, Norman said:

Won't matter...

Even if somehow we make it to the final, we'll be up against England who are going to run through sides (except may be the series against us) this cycle. 

And we all know what will happen at Lords, which is a good batting wicket. I would rather have Australia reach that so we can actually enjoy the game from a neutral pov.

England is overrated. Will be exposed soon

31 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

The basic mistake you are making - just like the Indian TM - is that you think Jadeja/Ashwin will continue to perform at their superlative levels at home and that ENG team will continue to be sitting ducks against spin.

This mindset is that of lazy losers and they get a shock soon enough.

How do you provide a solution? 

4 hours ago, deepdynamo said:

Warner is retiring after the SCG test against Pak in Jan 2024. But they will find fast bowlers who will exploit their conditions to torment our pathetic batsmen. Im hoping Pant returns to the team by then

First 11 if everyone fit in SENA:

Rohit (C)

KL

Pujara

Kohli

Rahane

Pant (WK)

Jadeja

S Thakur

M Shami

J Bumrah

M Siraj

First 11 if everyone fit in Asia/WI:

Rohit (C)

Gill

Pujara

Kohli 

S Iyer

R Pant (WK)

Jadeja

Axar

Ashwin

M Shami

J Bumrah

Obviously depends on what happens regarding retirements after the current match.

Other players should be on the radar:

Y Jaiswal

P Shaw (don't look at IPL)

S Khan

I Kishan (WK)

S Samson (WK)

K Yadav

Avesh Khan (best format)

Prasidh Krishna

Umran Malik

S Ahmed

3 hours ago, sarchasm said:

The basic mistake you are making - just like the Indian TM - is that you think Jadeja/Ashwin will continue to perform at their superlative levels at home and that ENG team will continue to be sitting ducks against spin.

This mindset is that of lazy losers and they get a shock soon enough.

yes, let's hope for a shock