Pakistan wants venues swapped for two World Cup matches

"Australia in Bengaluru and Afghanistan in Chennai are the two which we should look to get changed as much as possible," the PCB's internal note said. "Ideally, we can switch these around. Australia in Chennai and Afghanistan in Bengaluru would make us obvious favourites in both matches."
It is learnt that the PCB offered no specific reason to the ICC for the request, but an internal note accessed by ESPNcricnfo says the venue swap would "make" Pakistan "favourites" in both matches.

Source: https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/world-cup-pakistan-wants-venues-swapped-for-matches-against-australia-and-afghanistan-1382452

The request to swap needs to be accepted by Aus and AFG too ... If they are not ok with the proposal, ICC would stick with the original schedule. 

I think Pak could be hinting at how India has drawn up its schedule for its team, picking relatively spin-friendly venues to play against Aus & Eng. 

Just now, zen said:

The request to swap needs to be accepted by Aus and AFG too ... If they are not ok with the proposal, ICC would stick with the original schedule. 

I think Pak could be hinting at how India has drawn up its schedule for its team, picking relatively spin-friendly venues to play against Aus & Eng. 

For an ICC event, doesn't ICC decide who plays where and not the host country? I may be wrong 

Just now, Zero_Unit said:

For an ICC event, doesn't ICC decide who plays where and not the host country? I may be wrong 

It would depend on a case-by-case basis. Usually, IIRC, the host submits a draft schedule and ICC if it feels necessary makes changes. 

India submitted a draft schedule that was based on Indian TM's request to play SENA teams at spin-friendly venues. Based on that Ind plays Aus and Eng at Chennai and Lucknow respectively. And India has done the opposite for Pakistan, making it play against Aus and AFG at B'lore and Chennai respectively. 

1 hour ago, bowl_out said:

What next? Every team will request a venue of their choice?

Teams are allowed to do that. Below is how the usual process is iirc: 

Host prepares a draft schedule (Done by BCCI).

Host sends the draft schedule to ICC (BCCI has done that).

ICC sends it to all the teams to see if it works for them. (ICC has done that).

ICC receives feedback/request (Pak has done that).

ICC reviews the request with teams impacted by it. Makes changes if required. 

ICC finalizes the draft schedule. 

ICC releases the schedule. 

Edited by zen
10 hours ago, LordPrabhzy said:

According to PTI the new PCB chairman ( they change more than i change my underwear..) has rejected the hybrid model so Pak might not play in Asia cup

Cricinfo saying otherwise...  He is not in favor of it but will go ahead still. 

These jokers can't do much now.