Ajit Agarkar,chairman of Selection committee

when will it be finalized ?

Like others have already mentioned. Unlikely he will any major changes till WC. I want to see what he does after WC. 

After Dilip , did we see anyone else from Mumbai as selection chairman ? Dilip vengsarkar was a best in our recent history. 

44 minutes ago, deepdynamo said:

Men's Selection Committee: Ajit Agarkar (Chairman), Shiv Sundar Das, Subroto Banerjee, Salil Ankola, Sridharan Sharath.

Full of mediocrity - 90's failed cricketers ( except for Agarkar)

When will the 2000 era cricketers take up these important roles- someone like Irfan Pathan or M Kaif.

Great players don't necessarily morph into great selectors or coaches. Different skillsets. Not saying that this group of selectors is going to be great, but if they fail, it is not because they were mediocre cricketers. It is because they are lousy selectors.

2 hours ago, deepdynamo said:

Men's Selection Committee: Ajit Agarkar (Chairman), Shiv Sundar Das, Subroto Banerjee, Salil Ankola, Sridharan Sharath.

When will the 2000 era cricketers take up these important roles- someone like Irfan Pathan or M Kaif.

True...players like Balaji, Parthiv, Kaif who all have some decent international experience should be given a chance. I know the fee of selection committee is too less for the likes of Bhajji, Yuvi, Zak, Viru...but there need to have some criteria of atleast 50 ODI games and/or 15 Tests (atleast for 3/5 selectors).

Edited by singhvivek141
12 hours ago, deepdynamo said:

No reprsentation for Spin ?

11 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Great players don't necessarily morph into great selectors or coaches. Different skillsets. Not saying that this group of selectors is going to be great, but if they fail, it is not because they were mediocre cricketers. It is because they are lousy selectors.

That is true but did all of these 90's mediocre players achieved desired results or made a breakthrough selection in their tenure?
MSK Prasad, SS Das, Chetan Sharma, Debasis Mohanty, Harvidner Singh, Sarandeep Singh, Sunil Joshi, Kuruvilla etc. 

My only grudge is that they are miles away from modern cricket mindset and still follow outdated concepts and patterns in selections. Maybe 2000's cricketers can make better decisions.

I like appointment of Agarkar though. His commentary views are balanced and I just hope he don't bow down to seniors .

5 hours ago, Kothili said:

Bambi clown becomes Chief Selector...now Team India will have minimum 50% Bambi players. Fook off.

Now also the team have Rohit,Shardul,Rahane,Surya,Jaiswal in the team,Chances of Dube,Deshpande ,Sarfaraz are also high to be in the team

1 hour ago, Lord said:

as long as captain has unlimited power none of these appointments matter.

Dhoni left a rotten culture of captain being all powerful.

But none of his successor command that much amount of respect or success

Rohit being the worst both as a leader and player

Edited by Suhaan
2 hours ago, Suhaan said:

But none of his successor command that much amount of respect or success

Rohit being the worst both as a leader and player

Doesn't matter. They have IPL owners and sponsors backing them 

as long as captain has unlimited power none of these appointments matter.

Dhoni left a rotten culture of captain being all powerful.

Yes. And Dhoni was backed by Srinivasan.

Why are present administrators backing Rohit?

Oh let me guess, they are all inexperienced and lightweight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

Yes. And Dhoni was backed by Srinivasan.

Why are present administrators backing Rohit?

Oh let me guess, they are all inexperienced and lightweight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ambani. Rohit himself has incredible PR.