Ajit Agarkar,chairman of Selection committee

The CAC has the mandate to pick a selector who can stand up to the high profile team management in case there are differences," the BCCI official further told the news agency.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hindustantimes.com/cricket/new-bcci-chief-selector-confirmed-india-great-leaves-delhi-capitals-after-deemed-favourite-to-replace-chetan-sharma-101688037211601-amp.html

The link says “front runner” so the selection is not confirmed yet. 

I am not sure what kind of impact Agarkar can make. Fans, who lack any accountability and act on the whim would have a different criteria for team selections, while the selectors would be relatively more long term focused and look at the big picture. 

10 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

Are you stupid? A dum dum?

Why on earth would fans have any accountability? Do they have a responsibility in your low IQ midwit mind?

Please, stick to count and don nonsense threads. Thanks.

:yawn2:

Wow! This Jaiswal certainly looks popular. I get the vibe that Jaiswal is "the" missing piece and if Jaiswal is in the team, anything is possible........ anything. Looking forward to seeing how this megastar in the making does. For now Jaiswal here, Jaiswal there, Jaiswal everywhere!!!!

2 hours ago, AKane said:

Wow! This Jaiswal certainly looks popular. I get the vibe that Jaiswal is "the" missing piece and if Jaiswal is in the team, anything is possible........ anything. Looking forward to seeing how this megastar in the making does. For now Jaiswal here, Jaiswal there, Jaiswal everywhere!!!!

Left handers in the top -6 are worth their weight in gold.. Unfortunately for India, we dont have any in the current squad

2 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

Agarkar was a very successful cricketer.

Still remember his heroics in u-19 days and was hailed as the next Kapil Dev... His batting in Australia was a big letdown and toned down my expectations of him. Nevertheless,  he comes across as someone with good sense & maturity during his commentary stint and hope he brings that to the table during his tenure as a selector