Praying for an india loss in final

mani sha

3 hours ago, Prabhdeep Singh said:

Why would you want India to lose, why would people waste this much time on these forums if the end goal is for India to lose.

Brainless logic, clearly some trips to a mental therapist may be the best remedy.

You ok bro ? Such hostility can lead to heart attacks and other serious  health consequences . Get well soon .

7 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

I have plenty of other reasons to want to see India lose. :wp48:

India is winning everywhere and so are Indians sir . I am hoping india looses a small battle to win a big war … 

I don’t know what other reasons you harbour for India loosing , but if you are our friendly neighbourhood country , you should focus on other important things like imf loan … 

This loss for greater good never works lol. The combination is pretty much final and we will go ahead with this. We aren't pressing panic button.

Going to WC with a hard earned trophy in bag will be big boost. We have forgotten how to earn these multination tourney wins and to win the world cup, it will be a step to be back on track.

The only time I was divided between a loss and win was this.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/icc-cricket-world-cup-2019-1144415/england-vs-india-38th-match-1144520/full-scorecard

Then Thala and Jadhav cleared all confusion. 

Edited by Number

Losing the final will not serve any purpose.

The team selected this time has only 1 clear passenger in Jadeja.

Rest of the players are good choices given the fact that preparation leading to this WC, in terms of new player development, was poor. We don't have adequate backups to cover for injuries to key players. But the time to rectify this is gone.

Now, what we need is this bunch of players to gather confidence as a unit and pray that key players like Bumrah, Kuldeep, Hardik, Gill and Siraj remain injury free. 

Edited by express bowling
12 hours ago, express bowling said:

Losing the final will not serve any purpose.

The team selected this time has only 1 clear passenger in Jadeja.

Rest of the players are good choices given the fact that preparation leading to this WC, in terms of new player development, was poor. We don't have adequate backups to cover for injuries to key players. But the time to rectify this is gone.

Now, what we need is this bunch of players to gather confidence as a unit and pray that key players like Bumrah, Kuldeep, Hardik, Gill and Siraj remain injury free. 

That 1 absolute passenger plays  not in an extended squad but in the first XI no matter what at a crucial #7 position  where he is neither adding value with bat or even ball.

Pakistan choked us to 266 because of this passenger when a good number 7 would have got us to 290.

Also, wasted balls and got out in the BD chase when Axar at 7 could have given us an outside chance at chasing that score. Especially when the said passenger was the worst bowler on show as well. 

Even against SL, Axar above Jadeja would have given us more than 3(13)

Edited by Nikhil_cric
4 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

That 1 absolute passenger plays  not in an extended squad but in the first XI no matter what at a crucial #7 position  where he is neither adding value with bat or even ball.

Pakistan choked us to 266 because of this passenger when a good number 7 would have got us to 290.

Also, wasted balls and got out in the BD chase when Axar at 7 could have given us an outside chance at chasing that score. Especially when the said passenger was the worst bowler on show as well. 

Even against SL, Axar above Jadeja would have given us more than 3(13)

I have written often enough that the unwritten rule in Team India is to choose the Seniormost or most well established player for any player type, irrespective of current ability.  Many current and past players have alluded to this. 

This rule is broken only if a younger player somehow manages to play and be exceptional for a decent length of time, like Siraj was in ODIs, first 10 overs, in the last year. 

Given this fact, if Jadeja is in the squad he will be selected even if he scores 0 off 30 balls and gives away 80 runs. 

He has to be dropped from the squad if we want him out of the playing 11.

P.S .. You must remember that Team India has been a totally unprofessional outfit for the last 10 to 12 years where the Team winning is a secondary purpose and the main purpose is to promote the brands of the well know and established players who are part of the inner coterie. 

On 9/15/2023 at 5:29 AM, saneindian said:

The self-loathing on the forum has seriously gone to extremes now. Each day a new target. At the beginning of the Asia Cup, Rohit, Kohli, Pandya, Shardul, and Ishan were the targets along with Shami, then it was Jadeja, and right now it is Axar.

Adding a player here or there wouldn't suddenly make this a WC winning team. Best to back the bunch selected and show some positivity.

Op is from pakistan.

1 hour ago, Vilander said:

Op is from pakistan.

Bhai , I am from mumbai , now a U.S. citizen . 
No love for Pakistan . Favorite players are Sehwag , Srinath and Kumble besides Sky Pant and Ashwin now . Will be in Florida to see the wc t20 match next year if time permits .

Since IPL started , I have been very disappointed by team India . The players , coaches and team have lost focus on winning . Everything is geared towards IPL . 

reason I pray for loss in Asia cup is cause Amit  Shah son jay shah has tried to ensure india win . Venue , reserve day , india - pak - Nepal group etc did not help us become better team . 

the team will try to placate fans by winning this one . World Cup they will reach semis only to be knocked out by England or Australia . I don’t want us to fall into that trap. 
Loss against Lanka will hurt . We do better if we are hurt . 

our best performance besides world cups we won was in south Africa . Right before series , we had lost badly in New Zealand but helped our bowlers learn a lot. 

hope we loose do our batsmen practise more against spin .

Edited by mani sha
14 hours ago, deepdynamo said:

Praying to lose a match vs SL will not serve any purpose. The team is already selected and we have to support the team.

Time for retrospection is gone.

positives so far from Asia cup 

gill 

rahul 

kishan 

rohit 

Kohli against fast bowling 

axar batting 

thakur bowling 

pandya all rounder 

boom , Chinaman bowling 

siraj steady bowling 

krishna serviceable bowling , good death bowling 

concerns 

axar bowling 

jadeja batting

thakur batting 

Kohli spin batting ability / weakness 

ayer fitness

lack of off spin 

sky 

Shami v v poor death bowling 

if we win cos jadeja hits a nice 50 or cos Kohli produces a gem on a turning pitch - I am for india Win. But it seems we don’t want to acknowledge our issues 

18 hours ago, Lord said:

OP and others supporting him/her are pathetic.

Name calling is your forte . We firmly believe that our flawed team needs to work harder . Sri Lanka is best suited to exploit our weakness besides bangladesh . We lost to Bangladesh and it was evident that we may not be the best team in Asia . 

12 minutes ago, mani sha said:

Name calling is your forte . We firmly believe that our flawed team needs to work harder . Sri Lanka is best suited to exploit our weakness besides bangladesh . We lost to Bangladesh and it was evident that we may not be the best team in Asia . 

We rested 5 guys against BD. But lets ignore that :laugh:

Yeah rooting for loss is same as 'our flawed team needs to work harder' :nice:

2 hours ago, Lord said:

We rested 5 guys against BD. But lets ignore that :laugh:

Yeah rooting for loss is same as 'our flawed team needs to work harder' :nice:

We are winning by siraj - bumrah bowling . 
hides our flaws . 

we rested against Bangla. To see if bench is good . Sky , Shami , jadeja didn’t do justice to their big names . They need more games. Maybe against Aussies . I say send sky to Asian games ! 

we will win thanks to our bowlers . Flaws against spin got hidden . Not a great tournament but will be ok with the positives . Hope though this doesn’t get into their head . England , aussie machines are waiting to chew us on indian roads 

5 minutes ago, mani sha said:

We are winning by siraj - bumrah bowling . 
hides our flaws . 

we rested against Bangla. To see if bench is good . Sky , Shami , jadeja didn’t do justice to their big names . They need more games. Maybe against Aussies . I say send sky to Asian games ! 

we will win thanks to our bowlers . Flaws against spin got hidden . Not a great tournament but will be ok with the positives . Hope though this doesn’t get into their head . England , aussie machines are waiting to chew us on indian roads 

Bad day for you and your ilk. Commiserations :sad: