Which four teams would be Semi Finalists at the 2023 CWC ?

javier26

India

England

South Africa

???  ( AUS/PAK/NZ/BANG)

I don't think Aus or Pak are locks for semi-final.  I think SA (unless they choke) have a better chance than both teams to make SemiFinal. 

NZ and Pak are both batting light, Aus doesn't have enough spin, and Toygers have some talent, but need to get past their mental block and will need some luck.   

SL have some pieces and players who are good but are weak as a unit. 

The reason why I put New Zealand ahead of South Africa, Pakistan and Sri Lanka is that they are usually a very professional side in World Cups. They may not put out spectacular breath taking performances against the bigger sides, but they are extremely good at doing the bare minimum against the lower tier sides. 

Likes of South Africa or Pakistan are extremely vulnerable to "shock" defeats against banana skin teams like Lanka, Afghans and Bangladeshs. Saffers can even choke against Netherlands too. 

43 minutes ago, Norman said:

Australia

India

England

New Zealand

In that exact order in the points table.

These were the same semi finalists in the previous edition too. Will be a coincidence if it's the same 4 teams making the Knock Out rounds once again. 

Pakistan were beginning to find form during the second half of the WC and had the same number of points as NZ just missed out due to Run Rate. 

Edited by rageaddict
2 hours ago, sandeep said:

India

England

South Africa

???  ( AUS/PAK/NZ/BANG)

I don't think Aus or Pak are locks for semi-final.  I think SA (unless they choke) have a better chance than both teams to make SemiFinal. 

NZ and Pak are both batting light, Aus doesn't have enough spin, and Toygers have some talent, but need to get past their mental block and will need some luck.   

SL have some pieces and players who are good but are weak as a unit. 

Australia are more of a lock than any of those teams. Experienced squad , hitting power, quality wrist spinner. .

A strong W/L record over the last 2 years, the best visiting side in Indian conditions historically, plenty of all-rounders. 

None of those other teams have ticked even close to as many boxes .

Australia, India, England - only these teams have any chance of winning the whole thing .

Saffers should be the 4th side but they aren't winning this and even their qualification depends on how early they choke - their bowling is horribly overrated. 

OZ

ENG

IND

NZ

Edited by Nikhil_cric
4 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Australia are more of a lock than any of those teams. Experienced squad , hitting power, quality wrist spinner. .

A strong W/L record over the last 2 years, the best visiting side in Indian conditions historically, plenty of all-rounders. 

None of those other teams have ticked even close to as many boxes .

Australia have a hole in their bowling and their batting - the overhange of previous memories is too strong in fans and even analysts.  

Australia is a weaker one day unit than South Africa.   No question about it.