WC 2023 - Hardik Pandya vs Ravindra Jadeja

Adamant

5 hours ago, Number said:

Pandya played good knocks against Australia, WI, England and even Pakistan in last world cup. Jadeja can't do that kind of hitting at the back end of innings against good bowling.

His only double digit innings in world cup is that his classic lost cause stat padding against NZ in SF.

As much as I like Jaddu as a bowler, his batting doesn't suit the no. 7 role. 

In what way was jadejas knock in the semis stat padding..he took India from nowhere to the doorsteps of victory..if he was there..India would have won.maybe they would if dhoni wasn't runout . Did he defend and take singles to stat pad. I don't think so. Let your bias not come in the way of facts.

1 hour ago, straighttalk said:

In what way was jadejas knock in the semis stat padding..he took India from nowhere to the doorsteps of victory..if he was there..India would have won.maybe they would if dhoni wasn't runout . Did he defend and take singles to stat pad. I don't think so. Let your bias not come in the way of facts.

I think the problem here is the situation in which Jadeja performs often with bat. His highest score of 87 came vs England in 2014, in that game also similar to that WC'19 semis he came at a situation when India needed 160 of 20 overs and the game was all but gone. He just reduced the margin of defeat.

Jadeja with bat only scores in these types of situations. Whenever he had come to bat with the target being something which can be chased comfortably if you play well under pressure, he has botched down such games. In terms of impact with bat, Irfan Pathan was a bigger match winner than Jadeja.

2 hours ago, straighttalk said:

Well may be calling that stat padding is not right but we were not winning that game with 90 needed in 10 overs. Jadeja took a few chances against Santner and hit one six against Ferguson. The moment we had an outside chance he was out.

There is a pattern in his batting where most of his fifties in ODIs are in the lost cause when top order has collapsed in big chase and he makes his runs with tail. 

2 hours ago, putrevus said:

Why do I need to have replacement to talk about Pandya. I never said to drop Pandya? Get your head straight before advising someone else.

Lol,then it has nothing to do with you talking about team selection,no?

I'm already straight,you have a habit of dissing everything ,go get yourself checked first

On 10/9/2023 at 5:58 AM, Majestic said:

I think the problem here is the situation in which Jadeja performs often with bat. His highest score of 87 came vs England in 2014, in that game also similar to that WC'19 semis he came at a situation when India needed 160 of 20 overs and the game was all but gone. He just reduced the margin of defeat.

Jadeja with bat only scores in these types of situations. Whenever he had come to bat with the target being something which can be chased comfortably if you play well under pressure, he has botched down such games. In terms of impact with bat, Irfan Pathan was a bigger match winner than Jadeja.

no. 7/8's big scores will come in these sorts of games only. Applies to everyone. If we need big scores from 7/8, chances are we gonna lose anyway.

In successful chases, he averages 52. SR is low but I guess gets the job done.

29 minutes ago, Lord said:

no. 7/8's big scores will come in these sorts of games only. Applies to everyone. If we need big scores from 7/8, chances are we gonna lose anyway.

In successful chases, he averages 52. SR is low but I guess gets the job done.

He has bottled many games with bat at 7, even where he need cameos. 

4 minutes ago, Majestic said:

He has bottled many games with bat at 7, even where he need cameos. 

yeah not saying he's been too great. Batting is his weakest suit. So need to see in that context.

Ideally Axar should have been there, but his bowling had gone bad now and got injured.

If top 5 bowled, there would be no need of all this jugaad and we could play SKY. Its appalling they never even tried.

On 10/8/2023 at 9:20 PM, Number said:

Well may be calling that stat padding is not right but we were not winning that game with 90 needed in 10 overs. Jadeja took a few chances against Santner and hit one six against Ferguson. The moment we had an outside chance he was out.

There is a pattern in his batting where most of his fifties in ODIs are in the lost cause when top order has collapsed in big chase and he makes his runs with tail. 

What major match has Pandya won either with bat or ball in his 8 years of international cricket.

Jadeja atleast has won CT 2013 with his bowling.

Jadeja is like a fixed deposit. You will get consistent yield. He will have some contribution or the other. Best fielder in the world.

Pandya is like a blue chip stock. Given his injury and consistency issues he has some element of risk to him but will will win you big games and big moments.

Pandya is my first name in t20 even as a pure batsman and in odi if he is bowling even 3-4 overs.

Jadeja is there in white ball  because the alternatives aren’t that good or reliable. In tests he is MVP though.