Breaking : Hardik to miss England match as well

7 minutes ago, rollingstoned said:

Wo sab thik hai but that decision has to be his since if he risks injury by taking painkillers ans playing on it could jeopardize the rest of his career of he aggravates his injury. 

The cynic in me would ask : What rest of his career?

The WC is what every cricketer aspires to win! And this is a WC at home.

Be instrumental in us winning a WC. Play the IPL for the next decade or so riding on an endorsement high.

A la Dhoni.

Not worth risking?

I'd be happy with that, tbh.

Edited by Mariyam
23 minutes ago, rollingstoned said:

Wo sab thik hai but that decision has to be his since if he risks injury by taking painkillers ans playing on it could jeopardize the rest of his career of he aggravates his injury. 

Shami also played 2015 WC using painkillers. 

Hardik is anyway more inclined towards T20's. He will get sufficient time post the WC.

सैयद मुश्ताक अली ट्रॉफी में रियान पराग ने काटा बवाल, बनाए 311 रन और झटके 7 विकेट, टीम इंडिया में एंट्री तय!Untitled-design-2023-10-25T174448.243.jpg

1 minute ago, cowboysfan said:

he is lucky its just grade 1 tear.he will be back for the semi finals ,i highly doubt he will play before that.its gives him almost a month to heal which is enough in most circumstances to heal completely.

With all due respect, he is not bigger than the team.  he can't just land into a do or die semi-final directly after a long injury lay off.

If he does not play atleast a couple of games before the knock out stage, I don't think he should or will play the semis.

We still have 4 more games and there is time for him to recover to play a couple of games. He is recovering well based on the news updates.

1 hour ago, Mariyam said:

"Fully fit" etc are phrases that are in vogue, but consider this:

This is possibly his last world cup. And he knows it and it is going to cauterize him into overcoming his injury and giving it his best, in whatever form.

Perhaps an 80% fit Pandya can save 20-30 runs fielding and add another quickfire 20-30 runs. The other all rounder alternative is Shardul. And at this stage no one is willing to repose much trust on his abilities. An 80% fit Pandya maybe a lot more match fit than a 100% fit Ro Sha/ Ashwin and so on.

Pseudo scientific/ philosophical discussion for another day: What is fully fit anyways? Is anyone fully fit or fully prepared ever? 

A half fit player is an absolute liability and would only show the desperation of TM and their lack of faith in the other squad members. 

There are standardised fitness tests that one has to pass to be deemed fit to play.

There is nothing philosophical or anything in vogue regarding this.

If nobody has faith in Shardul, the question to be asked is why he is in the squad in the first place.

What if Hardik aggravates his injury while playing ahead of time ? 

We'll be down to 10 players yet again. There's no upside to that. 

We can get away with beating BD but in a crucial kno knockout against much stronger teams, it's a huge risk 

1 minute ago, rangeelaraja said:

With all due respect, he is not bigger than the team.  he can't just land into a do or die semi-final directly after a long injury lay off.

If he does not play atleast a couple of games before the knock out stage, I don't think he should or will play the semis.

We still have 4 more games and there is time for him to recover to play a couple of games. He is recovering well based on the news updates.

I agree with you but he is the most important member of the team as its constructed right now.We are forced to play just 5 bowlers just because we are missing him and thats a recipe for disaster any time.

1 hour ago, Suhaan said:

सैयद मुश्ताक अली ट्रॉफी में रियान पराग ने काटा बवाल, बनाए 311 रन और झटके 7 विकेट, टीम इंडिया में एंट्री तय!Untitled-design-2023-10-25T174448.243.jpg

Who would he come in for now?

Really disheartening that he tried to stop the ball with his right leg on his followthrough.  Right leg could not even come in contact with the ball at all,  yet he managed to injure his left leg (ankle to be precise) by falling awkwardly  :facepalm: 

Edited by Frustrated