Player of tournament contenders- World Cup 2023

Majestic

43 minutes ago, Vijy said:

Shami didn't play all WC matches, otherwise he would be easily in the mix. best bowler of WC irrespective of what happens in the finals perhaps

If he gets some more wickets in the Finals, he should be the man. If he does the best without even playing all the matches, then why not. He is taking wickets at an average less than 10 in a tournament where 600 plus sixes have been hit and massive amount of runs have been scored.

SHAMI all the way for me.

Virat come next though at times he did play for his records this time around. Does not mean his scores did not help the team.

I appreciate what ROHIT is doing and has lot of impact with his batting at top. However it is debatable if he or Virat had more of a hand in India winning all games. 

if India wins an Indian player will get it. 

Other than the above QDK has a shot if he can take SA home. 

Zampa has a shot if he ends up as the highest wicket taker and wins the cup for AUS.

Iyer has quitely got 500 runs with 2 hundreds and 3 50's even after not starting well. 

14 hours ago, Chakdephatte said:

It's the fastest scoring world cup by a margin. Average run rate close to 5.9, flying starts by openers of all sides. And here, Bumrah returns with an economy of 2.9 inside powerplay and 3.7 overall. With 17 wickets so far.

There's only one right answer.

Isn't it, @Majestic

Shami should win it. But they will give it to Kohli as he now has 700 runs. Rohit also has an outside chance.

The only way Kohli ain't winning it is if he wins player of match in finals :phehe:

2 hours ago, cricspirit said:

If he gets some more wickets in the Finals, he should be the man. If he does the best without even playing all the matches, then why not. He is taking wickets at an average less than 10 in a tournament where 600 plus sixes have been hit and massive amount of runs have been scored.

SHAMI all the way for me.

Virat come next though at times he did play for his records this time around. Does not mean his scores did not help the team.

I appreciate what ROHIT is doing and has lot of impact with his batting at top. However it is debatable if he or Virat had more of a hand in India winning all games. 

if India wins an Indian player will get it. 

Other than the above QDK has a shot if he can take SA home. 

Zampa has a shot if he ends up as the highest wicket taker and wins the cup for AUS.

Iyer has quitely got 500 runs with 2 hundreds and 3 50's even after not starting well. 

QDK, Zatanna (zampa), Virat, rohit, and shami: top 5 contenders (maybe warner has an outside chance)

On 11/12/2023 at 5:07 PM, jalebi_bhai said:

If Kohli goes past Sachin's record, he will get it. Not just because of the volume of runs but also the quality of runs.

He has made 2x50 + 1x100 vs the other 3 semifinalists. 85 + 95 + 101* = 281 runs out of 594 so far. 2 of those scores under serious pressure.

Rohit, QdK, Rachin, Shami, Zampa have all been brilliant but if the record is broken, I don't see it being much of a debate. 

Ok, the 7-fer changes things.

Both Kohli and Shami are having GOAT level tournaments. Depends on what happens in the final now.