Shreyas Iyer is my Semi Final MOM

8 minutes ago, Sean Bradley said:

No we wouldnt have won without Shami, but we would have won if we had posted 340 350 ? Kiwis would have approached this differently and played out Shami.

If he got out, we still had KL, Surya to get us to big score.

25 minutes ago, Serpico said:

If Hardik didn't break his leg and shami didn't play this match.. we're gone. He should get atleast some credit imo

If your parents wouldnt have decided to get married then you wouldn't have been born to write this. 

Albeit everything is destiny. No one is taking Shamis MOM away or taking away his credits.

This thread is an attempt to give some credit to Iyer aswell, without his innings, Kiwis wouldn't have been chasing a mammoth total and anything could have happened then.

Just now, Sean Bradley said:

But he didn't and he scored a 67 ball hundred. And there is no guarantee that they would have done this, there was also a chance that we would have bundled out for 340 350.

So? There was chance that Bumrah etc bowled well and we'd defended 340 too

But they didn't and it was all upto Shami to stop them. 

1 minute ago, Gollum said:

67 balls 100 in a random bilateral against Lanka or Toygers is impressive. To do that in a WC SF against a side like NZ is just unbelievable. Sustained 6 hitting, 8 of them, many over 90m. 

It is impressive but it's not like he opened the batting on a damp pitch or came to bat with openers out in 10 overs. He came to bat in the 24th over and India were 173-1. Let's pump the breaks on your maruti alto there Gollum.

1 minute ago, Lord said:

So? There was chance that Bumrah etc bowled well and we'd defended 340 too

But they didn't and it was all upto Shami to stop them. 

Let's agree to disagree here. For me Iyers innings was the difference between win and loss today. Shami won it for us, hands down, but Iyers innings was equal to Shamis feat. 

40 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

Shami took initial wickets and then got two set batsman out and changed the course of the game. Iyer only scored 25% of the runs. Shami took 70% of the wickets.

Shami took 7 wicket, 5 front line batters and two tail batters.

Out of 5, 4 were game changing, Conway, Ravindra, Williamson, Latham.

By the time Mitchell got out match was already in the pocket. He huffed and puffed his way and ran out of steam when he has some 96 odd runs to get of 36 odd deliveries.

This difference in itself was created by Shreyas Iyers innings. The total had got too big for kiwis and the finishing line was out out of their reach by Iyers innings alone.

Had Shreyas Iyer not played a Blinder we wouldn't have posted 398 on that wicket.

That in itself is a equivalent effort to Shamis 7fer in my opinion.

9 minutes ago, dilliboy said:

Shami takes the best figures in Indian ODI history and that too in a freakin WC semi final and you don't consider him MoM? Lol..just having an opinion for the sake of being a contrarion

I can see where he is coming from given that Iyer had to make up for the slowness of Kohli. But Shami is shami

4 minutes ago, Sean Bradley said:

Shami took 7 wicket, 5 front line batters and two tail batters.

Out of 5, 4 were game changing, Conway, Ravindra, Williamson, Latham.

By the time Mitchell got out match was already in the pocket. He huffed and puffed his way and ran out of steam when he has some 96 odd runs to get of 36 odd deliveries.

This difference in itself was created by Shreyas Iyers innings. The total had got too big for kiwis and the finishing line was out out of their reach by Iyers innings alone.

Had Shreyas Iyer not played a Blinder we wouldn't have posted 398 on that wicket.

That in itself is a equivalent effort to Shamis 7fer in my opinion.

Lol. With Iyer, you still had Rohit who gave a great start, gill who played fast, kohli who wasnt that slow, Rahul who played well in the end and surya and jadeja as well.

Bumrah struggled

Jadeja struggled

Kuldeep struggled initially 

Siraj struggled

Shami destroyed their top order on a flat pitch and when Williamson and Mitchell were sent and scoring at will, shami got Williamson out. Not sure why this is so hard to understand.

2 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

I can see where he is coming from given that Iyer had to make up for the slowness of Kohli. But Shami is shami

Iyer was also slow for some time. Played random maiden over off Santner. Teed off towards the end.

3 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Bro calm down , enough of Kohli hate from your side.

This knock of Kohli is better than any knock Sachin has ever played.

A clutch, legendary knock from the king.

On ICF there’s just nothing which Kohli can do to earn some adulation, 711 runs and still guys like you have something to rant about.