India Australia Final - Pre-match discussion

Who will win  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the final?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/20/2023 at 03:45 AM

39 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

This is Lahori logic, like the ones they are spreading lies about Rohit toss and pitch.. I don’t think he has any agendas like that , even if he officiates , India will win

Did I say there is logic ? He is just a panauti - he has a 100 % record over a sample size of 10 years.

Unless there is pressure from BCCI to change how ICC uses semi final umpires for finals ( go check all the previous world cups ) - Kettleborough will officiate in the finals. 

Read one of the Cricviz analysts , Ashwanth, on Twitter.

Bumrah finding his line and length in the first over is absolutely key .  He has rarely , in his ODI career, found his accuracy back when he messes up his first over. Very important that he does not go searching for non existent swing in Ahmedabad with his radar. 

My biggest fear is Starc and Hazlewood with the new ball. 

Starc on his day ( and he is a big match player) , can finish a game in his opening spell with that sharp late in swing into the right handers. 

He was the mastermind behind us being 3 wickets down for nothing in the  group game. And he did to South Africa again today. 

If we can survive Starc with the new ball - I’d back us to win 100 % .

He is not that great with the older ball.

We just need to survive Starcs 1st spell and play Ashwin instead of Siraj. 

Edited by rangeelaraja
30 minutes ago, Number said:

There is no need to overplay this "Aussies mentally stronk" thing. We have smashed them in their backyard in their favorite formats 2 times.

They have lost their fair share of matches in WCs. It can go either way but to beat us they will have to play good cricket.

7 wins of the last 8 finals

I'd be very nervous because it's still 100% india's to lose 

35 minutes ago, Number said:

There is no need to overplay this "Aussies mentally stronk" thing. We have smashed them in their backyard in their favorite formats 2 times.

They have lost their fair share of matches in WCs. It can go either way but to beat us they will have to play good cricket.

Yes, we did smash them but the Aussies bounced back to trounce us in the WTC final. Travis Head came out of nowhere to play a match winning knock. We need Gill or maybe Surya to sting the Aussies and take the game away from them. Rohit and Kohli are due for law of averages failure. Also, the Aussies could target Shami as he is our chief weapon. It would be nice if Siraj went back to giving powerplay breakthroughs and Bumrah got his line and length right from the first over. 

15 minutes ago, nevada said:

Yes, we did smash them but the Aussies bounced back to trounce us in the WTC final. Travis Head came out of nowhere to play a match winning knock. We need Gill or maybe Surya to sting the Aussies and take the game away from them. Rohit and Kohli are due for law of averages failure. Also, the Aussies could target Shami as he is our chief weapon. It would be nice if Siraj went back to giving powerplay breakthroughs and Bumrah got his line and length right from the first over. 

We had no proper preparation for that match. 4th seamer Yadav was useless and clear weak link. Australia were better prepared and better team in English conditions as they play there way too often than us. 

29 minutes ago, waga said:

7 wins of the last 8 finals

I'd be very nervous because it's still 100% india's to lose 

Not sure which ones you are counting. Yes we are slightly nervous. Just mentioning that we are not like SA or NZ who lose the match against Aus before the toss due to their mental block.

1 hour ago, nevada said:

they didnt "bounce back". conditions favored them and we had injuries to bumrah and pant.

1 hour ago, rangeelaraja said:

My biggest fear is Starc and Hazlewood with the new ball. 

Starc on his day ( and he is a big match player) , can finish a game in his opening spell with that sharp late in swing into the right handers. 

He was the mastermind behind us being 3 wickets down for nothing in the  group game. And he did to South Africa again today. 

If we can survive Starc with the new ball - I’d back us to win 100 % .

He is not that great with the older ball.

We just need to survive Starcs 1st spell and play Ashwin instead of Siraj. 

ashwin instead of siraj w/o pandya is suicide. you can't have two pacers.

in the group game hazlewood took the good wicket. starc's wickets were slogs.

but yes new ball is key.

australian death bowling can be targeted.

Edited by deathmonger
35 minutes ago, dilliboy said:

Australia has Mavericks like Maxwell,Head and Starc who are just likely to have a stinker or a WC game where they blow the opposition away. India struggles against these kind of players on the big stages... let's hope atleast 2 of the 3 fail

Wildcards are dangerous, just one of them can easily pull off a match winning knock, I would add Warner to that too.

1 hour ago, Lone Wolf said:

If we get Travis Head early on....  It's over for Australia.  

He is the dangerman...  Already smoked us in WTC.  Big games don't fluster him at all. 

Beating a bogey side like NZ will always help.  We are Australia's bogey side for last few years...  So match up suits us a bit. 

Warner, Head, Maxwell, those are the three key wickets for India to win the WC.

Ashwin would be handy here.

3 hours ago, Number said:

And 3 times in previous 4 matches when Iyer, KL took them to cleaners.