Bat first or bowl in the final?

46 minutes ago, nitinbwj said:

If we chase, we'll have to remove Warner and Head within the Powerplay with not much damage to the scorecard. Rest our spinners will take care. I think we can chase 230-240 total as it's Kohli's game from there on. 260-270 if Rohit does his thing in the PP and 290 if all our Top 5 fire which might be improbable. 

If we bowl first, unless we pull off a demolition job for 200 or less, we are toast. Even 220 could end up as a nerve wracking chase  

Bat second. We won enough games chasing this world cup.

I feel we are stronger than them in both batting and bowling. I am not nervous either way. The only way Aussies win is with very good luck and some freak performance in bowling or batting.

I know mostly people think bat first but I prefer a chase. India are good at chasing and our bowlers have no disadvantage bowling first. The massive problem batting first is the quick wickets up front makes you extra cautious and you do not know what target to set. The game can be pretty much over within first 10 overs even if you fight after that. SA batted first last game and it did not go well for them. Bowlers can panic too bowling second if wickets are not coming and they are defending a smallish score.  Batting first induces the probability of both the batting and bowling panic. Bowling first the bowlers and do their thing without much pressure. You are in the game till second innings. So not much pressure on bowlers and no dew problems.

During chasing, all you need to do is not lose wickets early on and then the pressure is back on the bowling side struggling with dew for Zampa, Maxwell. The Aussie bowlers have not been as good as NZ and SA and I do not think the Indian team fears them as much. We played them before and during world cup.  If India avoids early wickets, we can chase 330-340 even given than we have Virat and Rahul in good positions in form. It also looks like the batting conditions are very good batting second after the first 10-15 overs.  Most importantly I do not think AUS has it in them to score more than 260-270 batting first against us. 

Edited by cricspirit

Our Indian fans always have scars of us losing quick wickets. How about we flip this on AUS ?

Imagine AUS batting first and losing openers cheaply within the first 5-6 overs. There is a possibility that they score under 200 and we boss the chase. When you are the best team in the tournament you dictate terms either way. You scare the opposition and not get scared yourself.

Cant wait for the final.

27 minutes ago, cricspirit said:

Our Indian fans always have scars of us losing quick wickets. How about we flip this on AUS ?

Imagine AUS batting first and losing openers cheaply within the first 5-6 overs. There is a possibility that they score under 200 and we boss the chase. When you are the best team in the tournament you dictate terms either way. You scare the opposition and not get scared yourself.

Cant wait for the final.

Isn’t that what happened In Sennai in the first match? 

16 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Isn’t that what happened In Sennai in the first match? 

Yes and We won despite being 3 down for nothing.

I mean on a given day anyone can lose. but to be scared all the time and be paranoid imagining scenarios for a sports contest is crazy.

I say we win 9/10 chances either batting first or second.  So, if we restricted AUS to 200 first time, why cant they do it a second time. Even if AUS does better and scores 250, we are mostly good chasing that.

Edited by cricspirit

Doesn't matter tbh ,we will do Well both Batting first or chasing .

In Ahmedabad the ball Hardly swings and the bounce is low as compared to other venues which makes it probably the worse venue for the Australian Pacers (Except Starc perhaps) .

Biggest threat for our Batsmen would have been bouncy or Swinging conditions against starc and Hazelwood, and this venue absolutely neutralizes that .